project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
17 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Most stressful or demanding Role
Squad Leader 705 43.09%
Squad Member 39 2.38%
Commander 144 8.80%
Armour Gunner 56 3.42%
Armour Driver 66 4.03%
Heli Pilot 295 18.03%
Heli Gunner 23 1.41%
Jet Pilot 121 7.40%
Soft Skinned Vehicle Driver 11 0.67%
Soft Skinned Vehicle Gunner 20 1.22%
Smacktard 23 1.41%
n00b 95 5.81%
Insurgent Motorbike rider 24 1.47%
Logistic truck driver 0 0%
Irish 14 0.86%
Voters: 1636. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2008, 10:03 PM   #1
Silvarius2000

Default Your most stressful Role

Hi everyone. I'm bored at work so I decided to put up this poll for discussion. What Role in a PR game do you think gives you the most stress and incentive to win?

For me it would be prolly the Tank Gunner as the Tunnel Vision of the tank does not making spotting easy and the slower turret rotating speeds makes it hard to do a 180 so when my Driver is screaming at me that he spotted something and I cant see it... I really feel stressed out. Or when we are getting locked.

My second would be.. obviously. Transport Heli Pilot

sl,team member,commander,armour gunner,armour driver, heli pilot, heli gunner, jet pilot, soft skin vehicle driver, soft skin vehicle gunner, Smacktard

Just FYI ... Squad member category covers all kits,classes since all of them have a responsibility to the squad and the team as well.
Last edited by Silvarius2000; 01-15-2008 at 10:54 PM..
Old 01-15-2008, 10:08 PM   #2
Leo

I want to say Squad Leader, since keeping tabs on all of your SMs and then getting them into an organized fight can make you crazy after a few rounds, but then decided that being a smacktard took much more energy and brainpower.
Leo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:10 PM   #3
IronTaxi
Mapping Manager

no doubt about it...commander...

want an early death? go commander....like it..but you have to get ready as much as possible before putting yourself in that role...

get your snack, take a pee break, make a coffee and a bottle of water wouldnt hurt either..

basically your are looking at 2-3 hours where you cant take a break..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
IronTaxi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:35 PM   #4
S.P.C-[Reality]-

im alright with the commander role, maybe the first or second time i played commander was stressfull but now its normal.

but, flying a jet and trying to stay alive hehe thats a totally different story. everytime i hear the lock tone or get the message "there is a problem with your connection" i nearly shit my pants. lol and sometimes when i get my shit together and survive, i feel my heart beating in my head

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.P.C-[Reality]- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:44 PM   #5
ConscriptVirus

well ive only played as SL and SM, but being a medic for is just...bah. i have to use my capslock Map now to find downed teammates in the grass and i hate just walking rihgt past them and not seeing them. plus the getting shot out of nowhere when i go to revive someone.

"These things we do that others may live"
ConscriptVirus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:45 PM   #6
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

SL, mostly because I don't play commander. The more peeps you gotta deal with, the harder it gets.

I would put transport helo pilots way up there, and pretty much any transport vehicle is a bit more stressful because you want to not have everyone pissed at your nubbishness.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:45 PM   #7
Heskey
PR Server License Moderator

By popular neccessity; I would say Squadleading and Commanding are the most stressful jobs; especially if you're good at it.

For me, being a Transport Heli Pilot is the most stressful job:

You have to let your team know where you are, and where you're in-bound to, you have to ask the team to report any AA sightings so you know where to avoid, you have to tell people to stop firing the guns, you have to spam BAIL OUT on patchy terrain to the guy going "no i gun 4 u", You have to anticipate AA sightings as the team rarely inform you - As a result you have to make drop offs 50 meters away from the passenger's destination, to which they refuse to get out to.

And most of that has to be done via typing, whilst trying not to crash.

God save all you fellow pilots

(Signature by
)
Heskey is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:47 PM   #8
Eddiereyes909
Retired Forum Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Eddiereyes909 Send a message via MSN to Eddiereyes909

Now im a good commander and my record so far in .7 has been 5:3:1 and im proud of that, but being SL is hard because you have 5 guys depending on your orders, and if anything goes wrong, they get back at you and they lose your respect.

I may be a clan leader and a good leader in general, i just cant SL, i can be a fire team leader, but i just cannot be SL because its too damn stressful

"You know we've had to imagine the war here, and we have imagined that it was being fought by aging men like ourselves. We had forgotten that wars were fought by babies. When I saw those freshly shaved faces, it was a shock "My God, my God?" I said to myself. "It's the Children's Crusade."- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughter House Five
Last edited by Eddiereyes909; 01-15-2008 at 10:54 PM..
Old 01-15-2008, 10:47 PM   #9
Silvarius2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heskey View Post
By popular neccessity; I would say Squadleading and Commanding are the most stressful jobs; especially if you're good at it.

For me, being a Transport Heli Pilot is the most stressful job:

You have to let your team know where you are, and where you're in-bound to, you have to ask the team to report any AA sightings so you know where to avoid, you have to tell people to stop firing the guns, you have to spam BAIL OUT on patchy terrain to the guy going "no i gun 4 u", You have to anticipate AA sightings as the team rarely inform you - As a result you have to make drop offs 50 meters away from the passenger's destination, to which they refuse to get out to.

And most of that has to be done via typing, whilst trying not to crash.

God save all you fellow pilots

God loves all of us Heskey. But thanks anyway lol. One guy on chat said to me. " We trust you". That really made my bowels churn when the lag monster started bumping
Last edited by Silvarius2000; 01-15-2008 at 10:49 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 01-15-2008, 10:48 PM   #10
Oldirti

Easily commander, it's like being an SL with people who really don't want to listen to you, and unless you've proven yourself many, many times they won't.

SLing, is great fun as long as you're a good SL, if you can't show that you can control the squad, and do so in an effective manner, then you've lost respect, and people will just do their own thing, w/ commanding, you can't really prove yourself unless you pull off some amazing strategic feet (which i did on daqing oil fields earlier), but even the very next round was a disaster, and i was forced to resign/leave out of frustration.

Oldirti is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
role, stressful