project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
27 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Most stressful or demanding Role
Squad Leader 705 43.09%
Squad Member 39 2.38%
Commander 144 8.80%
Armour Gunner 56 3.42%
Armour Driver 66 4.03%
Heli Pilot 295 18.03%
Heli Gunner 23 1.41%
Jet Pilot 121 7.40%
Soft Skinned Vehicle Driver 11 0.67%
Soft Skinned Vehicle Gunner 20 1.22%
Smacktard 23 1.41%
n00b 95 5.81%
Insurgent Motorbike rider 24 1.47%
Logistic truck driver 0 0%
Irish 14 0.86%
Voters: 1636. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2008, 03:27 PM   #41
Wasteland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz View Post
Add me to Xfire babez, I know my driving.

*photocopies his butt and writes on*
outlawz7

No really, I've been there when the tank turret didn't go low enough, when my gunner kept looking the wrong way etc.

I'm not even scared of taking 2-3 Sabot hits, I only start to get nervous when the beep beep announces engine meltdown. And of course finding an engineer in the flood of scoped riflemen, medics, spec ops and snipers is also stressful.

Personally the most demanding roles are SL and CO, but I voted for SL.
*Puts photocopy in pocket and slinks off to washroom*

I mean, what?

Haha, seriously though, I'll add you when I get home.

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Wasteland is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #42
Zrix
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I rarely go SL or CO, so I have to say transport pilot.

Especially if you have the only living chopper, and the team really depends on you doing a good job.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zrix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:17 PM   #43
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I would go commander, but I'm still not 100% with all the new building stuff. And that bug where stuff won't build makes the role superfluous on the large maps sometimes. Is there a commander training vid somewhere?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:08 PM   #44
Ragni<RangersPL>

For me being a Squad Leader is even harder than being a commander

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!!!

Do not post stupid suggestions just because you had a bad round in PR
Ragni<RangersPL> is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:14 PM   #45
Silvarius2000

Wow... guess being a squad leader is quite a demanding position. You hear that boys? Listen to your squad leader coz he's working harder than your momma to keep you alive (But succeeds less often) so appreciate them and listen. Write them a card sometimes
Silvarius2000 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:49 PM   #46
DeePsix
Supporting Member

Gunners and Pilots are stressful jobs, but in the grand scheme of things they are by no means essential to victory. You can get by with mediocre tank crews and pilots. Don't get me wrong. Skilled pilots and gunners are always welcome.

Commander is by far the most stressful position to play without a doubt. I rarely if ever play as a Commander, and have not yet in 0.7 due to the stress put on me and the fact that I don't quite know all the ins and outs of commanding yet.

I figure this: I usually play in a role down on the squad level, either leading or as a member. I like being where the "rubber meets the road" so to speak. I like organizing smaller scale tactics within my commander's orders. I can run a squad pretty well, but most the time I end up running a fireteam. When I get my commander skills honed in perfectly, i'll do it more, but until then, I'll just leave it to Patterson, DEADLIE, and Dirtboy, and many of the other well qualified commanders I have served under.

Till then you'll have a solid squad leader at your disposal. I'm sure it relieves a lot of stress for commanders having squads that listen to orders.

PR Testing Team: Serious Business.
[R-DEV]LeadMagnet: I guess that's what you get when an Irishman drinks light beer.....bad advice.
[R-DEV]dbzao:
DeePsix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:03 PM   #47
Symplify

Send a message via MSN to Symplify

Helo pilot, definitely. Squad leader isn't that hard, IMO, but when you're flying (tricky enough, to learn at least) with up to 7 other people's lives depending on you, or if you're an attack helo pilot, you've gotta deal with your gunner flipping out because you moved an inch, or you're not in the perfect position, or he messed up a shot and it's your fault etc.

Symplify is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:10 PM   #48
SGT.JOKER

Send a message via AIM to SGT.JOKER

DEfinatly Armour Gunner, if Im in a squad using Armour and I happen to be the gunner i feel allot of pressure because Im the guy who has to defend the tank while the driver is moving, and if the tank gets destroyed....well...its basically my fault lol

SGT.JOKER>FTW<(Fight To Win) In Game
Just getting back in the game

Riflemen, SAW Gunner, Grenaider.

SGT.JOKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:16 PM   #49
GR34

Cammander whn some n00b SL yells at you when you tell him to build the dam bunker he is standing beside!

In game name Joshey

GR34 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:18 AM   #50
DeePsix
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR34 View Post
Cammander whn some n00b SL yells at you when you tell him to build the dam bunker he is standing beside!
Just Deploy sandbags on him

PR Testing Team: Serious Business.
[R-DEV]LeadMagnet: I guess that's what you get when an Irishman drinks light beer.....bad advice.
[R-DEV]dbzao:
DeePsix is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
role, stressful