project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Most stressful or demanding Role
Squad Leader 705 43.09%
Squad Member 39 2.38%
Commander 144 8.80%
Armour Gunner 56 3.42%
Armour Driver 66 4.03%
Heli Pilot 295 18.03%
Heli Gunner 23 1.41%
Jet Pilot 121 7.40%
Soft Skinned Vehicle Driver 11 0.67%
Soft Skinned Vehicle Gunner 20 1.22%
Smacktard 23 1.41%
n00b 95 5.81%
Insurgent Motorbike rider 24 1.47%
Logistic truck driver 0 0%
Irish 14 0.86%
Voters: 1636. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 11:15 PM   #401
FOX_11_GUY

Default Re: Your most stressful Role

I would have to say Bomb Car Driver. Especially if your driving Gary.
FOX_11_GUY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:07 AM   #402
RyoBullet

Being a squad leader when your squad members are people you've never seen, and don't know how you function typically, or when they expect you to give every little order....
"SL, what do you want me to do?"
"Obviously.... Move with the squad..."
"Which direction should I watch?"
"..... The rear. Make sure no one comes behind us."
"Roger... Semi or Auto/Burst?"
"Semi...."
"CONTACT! PERMISSION TO ENGAGE?"
"YES! SHO-"
*Member dies*
"oooot.... Why....."
RyoBullet is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:25 AM   #403
KiloJules

^ This!
If you do it right or want to do it right definitely SL (or Commander - have yet to step up for it, so I don't know too much about it)!

Even with people you know and play well you have to think, make the plan, decide the way, read the map, contact other SLs, the commander and just talk sooo much...especially because you have to describe every detail if the plan doesn't reveal itself to SMs that fast as it does in your head. And of course it is your job to animate your guys as well. So you have to pull out a joke/speech/congratulation every now and then.

BUT to lead in a good round, get a job done and your men home again, is all worth it
KiloJules is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:21 AM   #404
havoc1482

Send a message via AIM to havoc1482 Send a message via MSN to havoc1482 Send a message via Skype™ to havoc1482

Heli Pilot. I always feel like in gonna let the team down somehow. I mean I'm a good pilot, but I only use my keyboard to fly and it is stressful doing insertions and keeping the bird out of the line of fire. I prefer the gunner, I only have to focus on one thing.... my target

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

havoc1482 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:25 AM   #405
scharf

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc1482 View Post
I prefer the gunner, I only have to focus on one thing.... my target
gunners cant just focus on there target that sort of tunnel vision and you'll end up dead in no time assuming its a map with enemy CAS you should be scanning everywhere the entire time with a combination of cockpit and gun cam views
scharf is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:26 PM   #406
Antol

Send a message via Skype™ to Antol

Squad Leader. Especially when you leading a people from community and dont know how to tell them complex orders (langauge problems). And, especially now, when i had a break in PR for few months. Dont remember quotes
Sometimes it looks like this:
-Hey NPK, i saw %&@#$! In A4kp3 (#@&&(^^(! *$&*)(&$???
-Wha de f*ck you say to me?!?!

-Sometimes i answer: Yea, Yea i know (but what i know?????? )

Shit in my pants. Definitely.

and

Antol is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:31 PM   #407
JimmyKid1996

Commander, especially when your team doesn't listen/give you updates on anything

JimmyKid1996 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #408
DevilPower

Helli pilot with full sq inside -.-"
Heart attack every lock.

DevilPower is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:17 AM   #409
Zemciugas

Definately sl. Takes only one retard to mess everything up and usualy all the lemmings fallow him and die leaving me alone. And then they complaing how bad of a sl I am because they died doing everything I told them not to do...

Zemciugas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:45 AM   #410
risegold8929

Squad Leader on par with Heli Trans Pilot
risegold8929 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
role, stressful