project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Most stressful or demanding Role
Squad Leader 705 43.09%
Squad Member 39 2.38%
Commander 144 8.80%
Armour Gunner 56 3.42%
Armour Driver 66 4.03%
Heli Pilot 295 18.03%
Heli Gunner 23 1.41%
Jet Pilot 121 7.40%
Soft Skinned Vehicle Driver 11 0.67%
Soft Skinned Vehicle Gunner 20 1.22%
Smacktard 23 1.41%
n00b 95 5.81%
Insurgent Motorbike rider 24 1.47%
Logistic truck driver 0 0%
Irish 14 0.86%
Voters: 1636. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #131
spybaz
Default Re: Your most stressful Role

APC gunner is a nightmare. VOIP voice lag is a nightmare so telling your driver to "stop!" (so you can shoot at a target) is invariably a stressful time because he usually doesn't hear you until its too late!

ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe | AMD 6000+ (dual core) @ 3.01GHz | 4GB RAM | NVidia GTX 295 | Creative XFi Audio | Win 7
spybaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:54 PM   #132
burghUK

I think being a squad meber is very stressful as its annoying when your in a squad and your squad leaders a bit half hearted and the rest of the squads not listening. Ive given up on being a squad member because of this and just lead now.

If I don't make it , tell my wife i said "hello".
burghUK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:30 PM   #133
Smegburt_funkledink

Medic... It's stressful enough, risking your life to try and save someone, dodging bullets, smoking the enemy, locating the wounded and then... They give up right at your feet.

FFS!!!?!!!*)*(&()&^()*&!"()*

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Smegburt_funkledink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:11 AM   #134
Qaiex

Jet Pilot, mostly because I don't know how to fly the god damned things, so it would be stressful trying to make sure I don't crash it.
Otherwise I'd say heli pilot, you're a huge target, you have little to no cover, and an entire squad is depending on you to survive.
And if you fail, not only do you have 6 people pissed at you, but you loose a bunch of tickets and one of the most important assets.
Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:11 AM   #135
{UK}Suzeran
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.P.C-[Reality]- View Post
everytime i hear the lock tone or get the message "there is a problem with your connection" i actually have shit my pants and had to change. :
words of wisdom on jet fightin
{UK}Suzeran is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:21 AM   #136
Cheditor

Heli pilot is quite stressful as you aren't just relying on your own skill but your net connection aswell. If you get a lag spike in middle of flying you can end up with DEAD looking at you when your out of it.
Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:32 AM   #137
UntenablePosition
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheditor View Post
Heli pilot is quite stressful as you aren't just relying on your own skill but your net connection aswell. If you get a lag spike in middle of flying you can end up with DEAD looking at you when your out of it.
The reason I stopped flying until I had a better GPU and a solid connection but back then it was just a matter of time until I spiked or froze up and now it is a random event that happens so infrequently ( until this weekend ) that I don't worry about it.
UntenablePosition is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:23 PM   #138
GoArmy117

Definitely Squad Leader for me. When I am on a map that I know well, I will almost always do great as a squad leader, but when I hit a map I don't know very well, disaster strikes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GoArmy117 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:25 PM   #139
The Crimson Major

good squad leaders make the game go round, and so it's alot of pressure to succeed.
The Crimson Major is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:42 AM   #140
Incognito84

I'd say Transport Heli. It's the most rewarding but also the most pulse-pounding, and if you die your whole team gets pissed at you for wasting that resource.

I've practiced flying jets and helis a lot in offline mode and on training servers, but when I'm flying in a public server the anxiety of having people watch me takes hold and I do stupid stuff that I don't do in the training servers. I guess I simply need more practice flying in pubs.

By stupid mistakes, I mean listening to a squads orders a little too closely. Squads have ordered me to land on the side of a cliff before or fly directly into a hot LZ. The times that I actually listened to them didn't go well.

The fact that this game causes anxiety means it's truly a great game. If you crash a helicopter then you know it's going to take forever for another one to respawn and you also know it will deeply hurt your team's ability to function. So in order to fly a helicopter you have to be a responsible, good pilot.

Games like BF2 don't have that kind of pressure and aren't nearly as enjoyable because of it.
Incognito84 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
role, stressful