project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
25 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Most stressful or demanding Role
Squad Leader 705 43.09%
Squad Member 39 2.38%
Commander 144 8.80%
Armour Gunner 56 3.42%
Armour Driver 66 4.03%
Heli Pilot 295 18.03%
Heli Gunner 23 1.41%
Jet Pilot 121 7.40%
Soft Skinned Vehicle Driver 11 0.67%
Soft Skinned Vehicle Gunner 20 1.22%
Smacktard 23 1.41%
n00b 95 5.81%
Insurgent Motorbike rider 24 1.47%
Logistic truck driver 0 0%
Irish 14 0.86%
Voters: 1636. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 02:01 PM   #91
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot
Default Re: Your most stressful Role

I think it's none,( i voted n00b) cos if you are finding this game stressful, then it's a game and take a break and watch TV or whatever. Yes you have crappy rounds, when people don't listen to you or whatever, but it's nay a stressful experience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #92
cyberzomby

Yep! SL role or medic. SL for all the reasons stated. Been sl all afternoon and had an excellent time.

Medic can be pretty stressfull as well. You know that if you die ressing people the assault or defense failed! So thats a stressfull job and duty resting on your shoulders
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #93
00SoldierofFortune00

Squad Leader > All Other Roles

You can go Commander and leave for 10 minutes and the team will be fine. They may not be able to build anything, but they will survive with rallies etc. If you are a SL who goes AFK for 2 minutes, be prepared for your squad to have split up, gone UA/AWOL, confused, and without direction etc.

To be honest, CO isn't really that stressful considering they depend on you, so if they don't want to do what your say, mute their mic or don't give them build orders. With SL, you kind of form a bond with your squadmates and depend on each other, so its much more stressful and frustrating to let them down or when they move to slow or go against your orders.

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
00SoldierofFortune00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #94
single.shot (nor)

without the shadow of a doubt, SL.

removing smacktardic tumours and rasing teamwork capability is certainly demanding.

War is a huge matter for a nation. it's the field of life and death, destruction and survival, and such matters cannot be left unstudied. - Sun Tzu
single.shot (nor) is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:50 PM   #95
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Tank driver. I love to drive, but somehow i always get stuck with the bossy gunner. 'Go here' 'Move there' 'Go!' It gets very stressful when i have to ignore my instincts and drive to my death because the gunner orders it and i'm not gonna start an argument on the battlefield over shared comms. Also as a driver you have a higher view then the gunner, so when i'm yelling out '2 tanks to our south west' the gunner sees nothing, and tells me to drive over there. "They're gonna see us as soon as we get over this hill" "GO BAD MOJO" BOOM we're dead.

Thats why i like gunning. Because i don't usually talk until we see a target. The driver is in my opinion the commander of the vehicle, he gets the say on where the tank goes. The gunner is just a trigger man and fires the gun when the driver finds a target. Sure there's always those times when people say "No shot, move up" or whatever. But as for the gunner deciding we should roll over this next hill and check things out. Keep ur mouth shut and let the driver do his job.
Last edited by badmojo420; 01-17-2009 at 06:53 PM..
Old 01-17-2009, 06:14 PM   #96
jbgeezer

What bout medic?

Live by the sword, die by the sword...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ingame:G-LockCobra

jbgeezer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:52 AM   #97
PFunk

Know whats stressful? Forming a squad and noticing a familiar clan tag or member... then I feel like a nub telling them to do stuff thinking 'this guy is laughing at me'.

Its hard to start as any position involving a decision making process that directly affects others. CO, SL, Helo transport, Medic.

All pretty insanely demanding.

[PR]NATO|P*Funk

PFunk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:37 AM   #98
orlandolukas

Send a message via AIM to orlandolukas Send a message via MSN to orlandolukas Send a message via Yahoo to orlandolukas

i dont have that problem. I just feel bad if someone leave my squad.

orlandolukas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:58 AM   #99
MaxCookies

Send a message via MSN to MaxCookies

Transport Helicopter Pilot for me. You have to be precise, quick, being familiar with the map you're on is a must, you gotta watch out for AAs and what's more, if you get taken down a whole squad will be blaming you for their death. It's definetely not for the faint-hearted.

MaxCookies is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:17 AM   #100
MaxCookies

Send a message via MSN to MaxCookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgeezer View Post
What bout medic?
Being a medic is not as stressful and hard as some would imagine, in fact I've been mostly using this kit since I've started playing BF2, even in PR. People tend to avoid being one, though.

MaxCookies is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
role, stressful