project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
30 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2007, 02:25 PM   #1
Soulja

Send a message via MSN to Soulja
Default 7.62 Minigun or pea shooter?Why so weak?

Why is the Minigun on the blackhawks so weak? Yesterday I was gunning one, we were dropping off troops, I see a MEC soldier on a platform, I unload on him as the pilot tried to do evasive and in reality I would've probably put 200-400 rounds through him. I know there is a Rate Of Fire limit in BF2 of 900 RPM but why is it so weak, it's not only that you have to hit the enemy directly, you have to hit them hundreds of times to kill them. Now remember, the XM134 "Minigun" which is what is mounted on the blackhawks have a real life rate of fire of over 6,000 rounds per minute and fire 7.62x51mm NATO rounds, this thing disintegrates people (Read Black Hawk Down). Now another thing I've noticed is there is is no deviation in the rounds, it's like a lazer which is not real either. The minigun is pretty accurate but they vibrate like a bitch and kinda scatter their rounds around so it need some kind of inaccuracy to it. The way it is now it's basically useless and it should at least be buffed a bit. Technically saying the G3 shoots a 7.62x33mm round (I think) and it kills people in PR 1-2 hits with body armor, the XM134 shoots a MUCH bigger round and it shoots them at thousands of rounds per minute so I think something needs to be changed here. And don't call balance issues because it's still a relatively unarmed transport helicopter that can be easily shot down but it needs some defense.

In Game Name: Linelor
X-Fire User: ogikarma
Soulja is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:32 PM   #2
Katarn
Retired PR Developer

The minigun 1-shots. The minigun has 1200 rpm, not 900. The G3 shoots the same round as the XM134.
Katarn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:35 PM   #3
Nickbond592
Retired PR Developer

tbh it could do with a tad more splash damage on it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Smeg: Fuzz commands a lot and promotes good teamwork, db flips vehicles, Bosco is an all-round nub, Outlawz is an SP whore, Nickbond is a friggin ninja and Rhino gets kicked for being a n00b.
Nickbond592 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:50 PM   #4
CAS343

Needs more damage to simulate a high ROF. 1800 is the max allowed.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:52 PM   #5
Viper5

Would also love a suppression effect to simulate having so many bullets whizzing by
Viper5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:53 PM   #6
Soulja

Send a message via MSN to Soulja

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Katarn View Post
The minigun 1-shots. The minigun has 1200 rpm, not 900. The G3 shoots the same round as the XM134.
If that's the case why is it so useless? And are you talking about in game or in reality far as the same round? Because i know for a fact the XM134's round if bigger than the G3's. I just don't know exact dimensions.

In Game Name: Linelor
X-Fire User: ogikarma
Soulja is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:00 PM   #7
[R-MOD]Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-MOD]Dunehunter

Doesn't matter much because the minigun is being replaced. In reality, it uses the M240, I'm not mistaken

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
[R-MOD]Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:09 PM   #8
mammikoura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulja View Post
If that's the case why is it so useless? And are you talking about in game or in reality far as the same round? Because i know for a fact the XM134's round if bigger than the G3's. I just don't know exact dimensions.
both use 7.62mm nato round.

It is the soldier, not the priest, who protects freedom of religion; the soldier, not the journalist, who protects freedom of speech.
mammikoura is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:10 PM   #9
Katarn
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulja View Post
HAHAHA. It's only useless because you need to hit people to kill them. Cause usually, you know, bullets need to hit somebody to cause bodily harm. If all we needed to do was yell "BANG" to kill an enemy, war would be a whole lot easier wouldn't it?

In terms of dimensions, the M134 shoots the same round as the G3/M14/H&K21. I'm not entirely sure about grains, etc.
Katarn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:14 PM   #10
Viper5

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Katarn View Post
HAHAHA. It's only useless because you need to hit people to kill them. Cause usually, you know, bullets need to hit somebody to cause bodily harm. If all we needed to do was yell "BANG" to kill an enemy, war would be a whole lot easier wouldn't it?

In terms of dimensions, the Vulcan shoots the same round as the G3/M14/H&K21. I'm not entirely sure about grains, etc.
Actually the M134 does. The Vulcan shoots a slightly bigger round :P

M134

M61 Vulcan

But yes, the G3 fires the same round as the M134
Viper5 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
762, minigun, pea, shooterwhy, weak