project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2007, 03:16 PM   #11
ReaperMAC

Send a message via AIM to ReaperMAC Send a message via Skype™ to ReaperMAC

It'd be nice to have those iron sights on the minigun

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]dbzao: My head Rhino.... (long pause) My beautiful head
[R-DEV]Rhino - If you want to spam do it in the tester area please.
Control the Media, Control the Mind.
ReaperMAC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:23 PM   #12
Soulja

Send a message via MSN to Soulja

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Katarn View Post
HAHAHA. It's only useless because you need to hit people to kill them. Cause usually, you know, bullets need to hit somebody to cause bodily harm. If all we needed to do was yell "BANG" to kill an enemy, war would be a whole lot easier wouldn't it?

In terms of dimensions, the M134 shoots the same round as the G3/M14/H&K21. I'm not entirely sure about grains, etc.
Im gona cut on my game cam and go shoot people with the blackhawk now to show you. There's something about where you will see it hit them and it doesn't do anything.

The G3 and the MX134 do shoot the same caliber, the 7.62 NATO but the XM134's round is about 20mm longer. Much more grains & force behind it.

In Game Name: Linelor
X-Fire User: ogikarma
Soulja is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:25 PM   #13
Scarlet_Pimp

Sorry mate but the mini gun fires the exact same bullet as every other nato 7.62x51 weapon not 20mm longer that would make it 7.62x71.

Last edited by Scarlet_Pimp; 12-27-2007 at 03:36 PM..
Old 12-27-2007, 03:29 PM   #14
Soulja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Pimp View Post
Sorry mate but the mini gun fires the exact same bullet as every other nato 7.62x54 weapon not 20mm longer that would make it 7.62x74.
Ok I'm confused then because I looked it up and it said the XM134 shoots the 7.62x51mm NATO and the G3A3 shoots the 7.62x33 NATO. The internet confuses me

Never mind..... Was looking at the old version and it shot a 7.62x40.... Ignore me....

Another thing is there is a .50 BGM version of the minigun you know..... lol

Last edited by Soulja; 12-27-2007 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: Im stupid that's why....
Old 12-27-2007, 03:48 PM   #15
solodude23

Send a message via AIM to solodude23 Send a message via Yahoo to solodude23

All it has to do with is netcode + moving vehicle + no sights. Its a bitch to hit guys on the ground.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 04:02 PM   #16
DaveOnrefni

Just to clear some things up:
Even if you were using Wiki as a "source" you didn't read it right xD

It was talking about the G3's History when mentioning 7.92x33mm and 7.92x40mm, which were based on the StG45. Also notice that they were 7.92, not 7.62, the rounds used in rifles during WWII.

Currently The G3 Uses the same round as the M134, which is the 7.62x51mm NATO.
I honestly don't know where you heard that the G3 uses something else o.O, hopefully that clears some things up =]

(Also, the closest thing to your "7.62x33" is the 7.62x39mm used in AK-47's and SKS's )
DaveOnrefni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 04:08 PM   #17
Scarlet_Pimp

Dave the 7.62x33 round is used in the m1 carbine, and therefore in the m2 and m3 carbines too. I just found that out. That round is much smaller than the AK round 7.62x39 and the NATO 7.62x51.

Click

Scarlet_Pimp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 04:20 PM   #18
VipersGhost

Ahhhh the mini-grun rant again. lol. Well imo the thing still isn't nearly as lethal as its RL counter part. The thing is that the splash damage needs to kill a guy with one hit. Maybe it does already...if so it probably could be expanded a bit for sure. Its not like helicopters aren't already getting shotdown all day...they surely could use a little extra protection.
VipersGhost is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 04:24 PM   #19
Soulja

REGARDLESS getting of the subject of my bad research....

The Minigun fires the same round as the G3 and it shoots at 6000 RPM, though it's toned down in most cases, so there needs to be some kind of change here.If what Katarn said is true then all it needs is a little deviation in the shots. It shouldn't be a lazer beam to the target, or it needs AOE.

Soulja is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 04:27 PM   #20
TristanYockell
Supporting Member

Whynot make it 1800 RPM in game then?. Then change the damage levels accordingly.
TristanYockell is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
762, minigun, pea, shooterwhy, weak