project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 02:39 PM   #1
markonymous

Default just wondering

just wondering if its possible with the bf2 engine to just pack a whole heap of guys onto a truck(or helicopter or anything) and then close of the area where they are, then just drive away without them getting killed?
markonymous is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 03:18 PM   #2
JohnnyPissoff

You mean like a map glitch? example:

The squad leader goes out into the map boundary, where he hears; "Where do you think you are going soldier" message. You then spawn on him. You can stay outside the map forever. Have your SL die and leave the squad so you become squad leader and let him spawn in on you. Now you can stay outside and never die from the out of bound penalty. (This glitch has fortunately come to an end via patch)

Plus map tears or wall hack/glitches like what these Bozos are playing at:
YouTube Video

Seems like only they are having the fun.

or:
YouTube Video

This one takes some dexterity:
YouTube Video

That one reminds me of a funny glitch on DC's Basrah's edge map (I swear the Devs placed it there for a reason, it's that spectacular and was thought to be a kinda mini nuke that they never ran with in developement):

Next to a certain building near the Coalition main, you place three mines under a non-military car's rear tire and back up on them. You get the most tremendous explosion ever seen in BFland and it keeps going like a volcano until you move the car (car suffers no damage). It lags the crap outta the server though. Good for general disruption of an unfriendly server...oops!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JohnnyPissoff is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 03:23 PM   #3
markonymous

ok sorry i apperantly wasnt clear enough. I mean like instead of putting seats in a chopper you just run onboard the helicopter and close it off then fly away. I was wonderig if this would work.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:11 PM   #4
Morgan

I doubt it as when you move off you will be flung into the back of the chopper making you bleed out so I don't think it would...

ps cool vids outlawz

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Morgan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:21 PM   #5
EagleEyeLG

Been suggested I believe. As Morgan said, you will sustain damage because you'll be thrown around whatever vehicle it is and you'll eventually die.

Task Force XXI [TF21]

EagleEyeLG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:37 PM   #6
Crusader09

Send a message via AIM to Crusader09

I believe Sandbox got this working. You can jump on top of a helicopter and live so long as the pilot doesn't do a loop and a barrel roll (You fall off of course). Also, your character never bounces around when you're on the helicopter. I haven't tried it with an airplane to test out the "player friction" on fast moving vehicles.

In game name: ELITE_TANKER

"Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak, and esteem to all."
-George Washington
Crusader09 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:48 PM   #7
Viper5

You can, but only at very very low speeds, as it acts as though the vehicle hits you every time at the speed it is going.
Viper5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:59 AM   #8
markonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]Viper5 View Post
You can, but only at very very low speeds, as it acts as though the vehicle hits you every time at the speed it is going.
any chance of combating this by making the chopper automatically heal you?
Old 12-04-2007, 12:49 PM   #9
Tannhauser

Probably not possible : Put one guy alone in the Merlin, close the hatch, and then he goes bouncing everywhere to die abruptly.

I don't think healy would work, tough if it was a uberfast-healing it could work, but then, peeps would camp choppers just to get healed, or would exploit it for invincibility or sumthing.
Tannhauser is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:50 PM   #10
markonymous

only healing when flying?

but then again stationary chopper= dead chopper.

Tags
wondering