project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2007, 05:52 PM   #21
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Yeah, then put in a 1337 hill/fort with snipers and a M82/M95 somewhere to ruin the whole infantry combat idea

[R-DEV]Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 05:55 PM   #22
Eddiereyes909
Retired Forum Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Eddiereyes909 Send a message via MSN to Eddiereyes909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz View Post
Yeah, then put in a 1337 hill/fort with snipers and a M82/M95 somewhere to ruin the whole infantry combat idea
sounds like america

"You know we've had to imagine the war here, and we have imagined that it was being fought by aging men like ourselves. We had forgotten that wars were fought by babies. When I saw those freshly shaved faces, it was a shock "My God, my God?" I said to myself. "It's the Children's Crusade."- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughter House Five
Eddiereyes909 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:16 PM   #23
nicoX
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoBloom. View Post
What have you guys experienced with calling roles for squads i.e. Air Transport, or Armor, Sniper, and what not. Today, on one server I made a squad called Air Trans with another fellow but as soon as the game started the BHs were robbed from under our noses. This soon led to arguments and childishness, which I regret, so I just left the server. Do you guys honor squad roles or maybe something should be done with the mod so this is enforced much more?
I honor squads. And everyone should. I once made a tank voip squad on Kashan Desert, only 2 joined on this tank map one with voip and the other without. I told him to pick up a crewmember, but he said he rather go solo!! The other without the voip followed orders and we did really well. I really don't get why people want to play this game like any unreal game. If they want everything for themselves why play PR, I wouldn't have fun with this game being a lonewolf?
Making names for the squads is a start and you could never have enough of INF so I'm glad to see APC, Tank, Engi, Heli, INF, SF....... squads and I will respect those squads and not take an APC at base and go out solo if not in the squad. There is a purpose why people make squads and I know that purpose but I don't know why so many disrespect that as it is happening all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz View Post
Yeah, sure, if you don't get sniped by a scoped rifleman, sniper or marksman.
Or the .50 cal gunner on my tank

Also, lately I saw, that people use the Heavy AT like the AT kit in vBF2 - they don't go on a high place or try to shoot the tank from a far, they do it in CQB.
This and suicidal engineers are the reason, tanks should have infantry support.
Can this have anything to do with the RP giving ammo again?

Last edited by nicoX; 10-07-2007 at 06:23 PM..
Old 10-07-2007, 06:24 PM   #24
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

Quote:
Making names for the squads is a start and you "can" never have enough of INF so I'm glad to see APC, Tank, Engi, Heli, INF, SF....... squads and I will respect those squads and not take an APC at base and go out solo if not in the squad.

Can You say that and mean it
?

Nice one Nicoliani!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoliani View Post
There is a purpose why people make squads and I know that purpose but I don't know why so many disrespect that as it is happening all the time.
I dont either. EvilHomer would be so kind as too explain?
Last edited by Top_Cat_AxJnAt; 10-07-2007 at 06:29 PM..
Old 10-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #25
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoliani View Post
Can this have anything to do with the RP giving ammo again?
No, it's the general vBF2 thinking. Since Eryx/SRAW are used as Light AT in vBF2, people use them like that, instead of using them at distance.

[R-DEV]Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:57 PM   #26
nicoX
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Cat_AxJnAt View Post

Can You say that and mean it
?

Nice one Nicoliani!

I dont either. EvilHomer would be so kind as too explain?

nicoX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:35 PM   #27
LeadMagnet
Retired PR Developer

We usuually run with TF21 Good God, Knife, Variable or if I feel like causing a disturbance in the enemy commanders force...TARFU (recon). The odd time after I've picked up a HAT I'll make an anti-tank squad.

Making the squad beforehand and believing that gives you right to the equipment on a pub server is rather naive in my opinion.

“Without Warning, Sans Remorse”
LeadMagnet is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:45 PM   #28
Ecko
Supporting Member

I personally love specialized squads. Basrah is where I tend to put it into action. My favorite being VCP DEF. I will kick anyone who doesn't defend unless ordered to do something else. Simple as. When it comes to asset specialization that's a lot harder. The best way to specialize is just what kinda of play you will undertake. IE: Spec OPs, Assault, Recon, Mobility ect ect.

AKA Ecko1987
Beep-Beep-Beep.
Ecko is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
calling, roles