project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
02 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2007, 10:18 AM   #71
Doom721

Anyone who recommends that the spec op kits needs MORE FRAGS AND C4 + SLAMS

Really really stupid ideas, jesus christ...

Its already the lone-wolf CQB kit, mainly abused by the USMC obviously due to the lacking of a full auto assault rifle.... which means the spec ops who can't fight long range go off and camp some random place on basarah, or race for the M82 every round.

Seriously learn to use a feckin rifleman or medic kit, it'll do you some good.

On topic: RIP .6 SPEC OPS KIT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"FAIL" - Right after you drive on the grass in Gran Turismo 4
Playing PR since Halo dropping spec ops and SL spawn
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( .3
)
Proud Member of the ~6 player PR clan StrkTm
Doom721 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:57 PM   #72
Axel

Argh... I'm getting sick of all the full-auto nerds who always ruins games.

Just make a bleeding "support kit" with a safe-to-stand-and-run-and-gun M249, mortar strike abilities, "a heal yourself thingy", 15 grenades, 25 C4's, armour penetrating- and HE bullets, jet pack, 400x sight, mega jump shoes, body armour that will stop a train and a hellfire missile or two, a helmet that gives away enemy positions by showing a red diamond over their heads, a lasersable instead of knife, two "Deagle" super effective handguns, dolphin diving ability. and we will have as fun as on BF2:MC, and every fu**ing nerd will play PR with a giant grin!
Axel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:09 PM   #73
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Just make a bleeding "support kit" with a safe-to-stand-and-run-and-gun M249, mortar strike abilities, "a heal yourself thingy", 15 grenades, 25 C4's, armour penetrating- and HE bullets, jet pack, 400x sight, mega jump shoes, body armour that will stop a train and a hellfire missile or two, a helmet that gives away enemy positions by showing a red diamond over their heads, a lasersable instead of knife, two "Deagle" super effective handguns, dolphin diving ability. and we will have as fun as on BF2:MC, and every fu**ing nerd will play PR with a giant grin!
i second this motion and or product

seriously though , just because they are special forces dose not mean they should get every weapon under the sun.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:09 PM   #74
RCMoonPie
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expendable Grunt View Post
I'm sorry, but we can't make Special Forces "1337" for you. He's carrying like 80 pounds of just weaponry there...and if he gets body armour, C4, frags, a scoped marksmans rifle, an assault rifle, etc. why WOULDN'T you pick it as a kit and go 1337 l0n3 w0lf?

I apologize...
But this loadout is realistic and hardly "1337".
As for the body armor.....I said "light". I dare you to find a RECON Operator (or any SOC operator) in Iraq or Afghanistan who isnt wearing some form of Kev on any op. Im not talking about ceramic plating or dragon skin here.....light!

And also....that is hardly 80 lbs. of combat gear.

*KaBar or other like-built combat knife is 8-10oz
*MEU(SOC) pistol comes in under 3lbs loaded
*3 frags come in at under 3lbs.
*1 smoke and 2 flash/bangs at under 3lbs
*An M4A1 with SOPMOD package, including Rail Interface System (RIS) and Trijicon ACOG 4x comes in at 7lbs loaded.
*1-3lbs of C4 is just that.

Slams are useless.
Give me the C4(used with realism....not spammed)
Or....the claymores used with a clacker as I descibed earlier. Thats realistic

^^^hardly 80lbs.....more like 20 or so by my calculator

Plenty of room for more "bullets, beans, and bandages"...not to mention personal gear, communications gear, batteries, etc.....all of which theoretically is left in the "rally point" before engagements, firefights, etc. That is why the rally point is in game.

The equipment I mentioned is realistic and not "1337" or "uber".

No matter what, you are going to have those tards who "lonewolf" regardless of the class. Thats why you play in a server that auto-punts for not squading up. And then if they lonewolf after squading up.....have the SL kick him from the squad. He will get the picture.

The RECON(SpecOps) class has a place in game.

Maybe it should be regulated like the Sniper kit and relocated to specific tasks in which scoring is based on those accomplished tasks?
Last edited by RCMoonPie; 10-05-2007 at 10:14 PM..
Old 10-05-2007, 10:16 PM   #75
DavidP
Banned

How about flahsbangs? They seem like a special operations weapon.
DavidP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:35 PM   #76
Doom721

Give the kit flashbangs... make it limited to 4 per team - good to go.. make the MEC/PLA gun on par with the M4 or vice verca and presto...

"FAIL" - Right after you drive on the grass in Gran Turismo 4
Playing PR since Halo dropping spec ops and SL spawn
( .3
)
Proud Member of the ~6 player PR clan StrkTm
Doom721 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:25 PM   #77
DavidP
Banned

Maybe an SMG for the Mec? I know it's not conventional but it's the only thing that they could realistically get that would be on Par with the M4 in RoF.(Mp5? Mac 10? Mp7?)

For Pla i really dont know but the Qbz-95b sounds nice. Sure it may not have the Same RoF but damn it's as strong as it's bigger brother.
DavidP is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
forces, kit, special