project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2007, 03:31 PM   #41
billdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearosius View Post
For the USMC/ARMY make a CQ-Rifleman kit, Give it everything the rifleman has, except replace the M16 with an M4.

Thats my $0.02.
the advantages of having an M4 instead of an M16A4 in cqb cant be simulated in game. ie in real-life, fighting with the M4 in urban settings would be easier because of better balance, shorter length=better maneuverability.
dont forget that the M4 isnt full-auto

nevertheless, i would still want this kit as a 2nd rifleman that can function as a pointman/cqb soldier.
the US kit would have the burst M4 but with a red dot, the other factions with their current SF carbines.
I dont know what GB would get though...

knife, carbine, 2 frags, 1 smoke, 2 flashbangs, binocs, no ammo bag, a shovel, and body armor (vbf2 assault soldier model)

could kind of be an "NCO" would not be overplayed at all, imo.

|TG-69th|Mix0lydian in-game
billdan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:07 PM   #42
Ragni<RangersPL>

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdan View Post
knife, carbine, 2 frags, 1 smoke, 2 flashbangs, binocs, no ammo bag, a shovel, and body armor
Just an idea:
Add 1 smoke, add 2 frags, remove shovel and name it "Light Rifleman"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Do not post stupid suggestions just because you had a bad round in PR
Ragni<RangersPL> is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:39 PM   #43
Alex6714

Whenever I am USMC I either try to get a useful limited kit or go spec ops. In my opinion burst fire sucks big time. Especially with the M16.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:48 PM   #44
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex6714 View Post
Whenever I am USMC I either try to get a useful limited kit or go spec ops. In my opinion burst fire sucks big time. Especially with the M16.
Which is why you use single shot, and fire more than once.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:53 PM   #45
Alex6714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expendable Grunt View Post
Which is why you use single shot, and fire more than once.
Yes, but I prefer full auto in close quarters. Single is good, but not when the target you have to take down as a much more powerful gun than you. Anyway, auto is beter for me at least. I can control my bursts, fire only one shot or more depending on the situation.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:56 PM   #46
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

IIRC the 3rb was having an issue where it was only doing the damage of one shot or something. Unsure if .631 or whatever fixed it.

Use frags.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:21 AM   #47
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

I usually just hide, so they aren't prepared for you, then fast single shots ftw

On Basrah, I managed to blow up an IFV inside VCP without getting myself killed, because I didn't shoot anyone and just ran past like 4 British and no one noticed me. Then they came back and all got shot by my Saiga

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:28 PM   #48
wazza_ni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex6714 View Post
Yes, but I prefer full auto in close quarters. Single is good, but not when the target you have to take down as a much more powerful gun than you. Anyway, auto is beter for me at least. I can control my bursts, fire only one shot or more depending on the situation.
Kinda agree with you on that one.

I dont mind the M16 and at range it is good. But for certain maps i will use the Spec Ops kit if theres no Support Kit available (EJOD, Basra etc). When im in round built up places the M4 definately has it advantages for clearing area's and moving on quickly. When in CQB's in built up maps id prefer to face an AK47/G3 with the M4 over the M16 anyday.

I use the spec ops kit less now than i used to but i still think it should be kept in the game none the less. I dunno, maybe make it a limited kit to stop half the team running around with it...which happens quite frequently.

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Hunter S. Thompson
wazza_ni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:30 PM   #49
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Spec Ops will be limited and USMC will get M16A4 with full auto, so you can stop running around with M4A1s...

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:32 PM   #50
SGT.JOKER

Send a message via AIM to SGT.JOKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz View Post
Spec Ops will be limited and USMC will get M16A4 with full auto, so you can stop running around with M4A1s...
Your kidding right? thats the best news Ive heard in a while

SGT.JOKER>FTW<(Fight To Win) In Game
Just getting back in the game

Riflemen, SAW Gunner, Grenaider.

SGT.JOKER is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
forces, kit, special