project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2007, 01:34 AM   #41
[T]Terranova7

Quote:
Originally Posted by youm0nt View Post
Speaking of maps, is Operation Barracuda going to be in for 0.7? That map was along with Assault on Mestia in that news update a while back and I thought both maps were going to be in for 0.6. Oh well, gotta wait longer I guess

I imagine this map, and the dozen other WIPs I've seen on these boards being worked on will be added in future releases.

In any case, I don't really miss many maps specifically. But I would like to see some of the past maps sort of reinvented for PR once again. At best, I would like to see more map environments. My top two being Tropical and Snow maps. Others being more flat, grassland type maps, major urban maps like Al Basrah (Chinese Urban Maps are especially lacking), and finally more mountain like maps. Then there are map scenarios, such as a good helicopter siege map (Something like Muttrah), a good push assault map (Something like Omaha), a good paratrooper map (Something like Airport but a bit better), and finally a good "river" map so to speak (basically a map with alot of shallow water for some good ole RIB on RIB action. Anyone ever play BFV's Game Warden?).

I would love to see another major jungle map (BFV/EOD style). With large clearings for transport helicopter landings, hills and mountains heavily fortified by surrounding sandbag emplacements, trenches, watchtowers and such. Swamps and rivers running all over the place, fishing villages and tunnels scattered across the map, etc. Something to relive those "Platoon" moments.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

[T]Terranova7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:50 PM   #42
Flightsurgeon

I also miss those three maps (Mao, Forrest and Mullet), especially I. Forest. I really enjoy being the USMC and they seem to have lost some of the best 05 maps in 06.
Flightsurgeon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:16 PM   #43
ZZEZ
Retired PR Developer

Panshee Valley or something like that, it was a dense jungle map, USMC vs PLA - memories of sniping at least 20 US soldiers hiding near that small lake/downed UH-60..that was awesome
ZZEZ is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
maps, miss