project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2007, 09:15 PM   #31
Wasteland

Yeah, that was the one. It wasn't a bad map. It was the only map back then that didn't get support/sniper whored. Instead it was just spec-op and assault whored.

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Wasteland is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:17 PM   #32
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP*wasteland.soldier View Post
Sure it was a support/sniper whoring festival, but what map wasn't one before 0.4?

steel thunder
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:29 PM   #33
FactionRecon

I gotta go for Muttrah, but I hear that's being remade anyway, so no harm done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FactionRecon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:31 PM   #34
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3===SPECTER===3 View Post
You guys are forgeting the greatest jungle map ever....... v.3s Jungle Fever
my first map on PR and had my highest K/D ratio at the time.
Ah, Jungle Fever, I loved that map. Now that was a fantastic little jungle map, short view distances (both due to the grass and the actual view distances, often you couldn't see more than 25m), disorenting map design (sure it was small, but you got lost really easily) and fantastic close in combat. I remember being pinned down by Charlie in those sand bagged positions like it was yesterday. The VC were all around us man, the staccatto tap of kalashnikov bursts spelling death for guys who were too slow to cover. Man, that map was great. I want another Jungle map like that.

Close in, point blank fighting in really thick jungle. I was hooked on it man. Oh man, imagine a 17 square kilometer jungle like that with a few sandbagged positons with, say, 100m clear firezones around them. Thats my idea of PR heaven. Much more fun than sand maps.

Point blank, full auto with an AK or blasting people with my beloved boom stick.

Please, mappers, lets get some jungles! Proper, ultra dense, point blank fire fight jungles. They rock so much.

Edit: Actually, IIRC, wern't we deprived of our beloved shotties in 0.3, with engineers carrying SMGs instead?

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:33 PM   #35
fartknocker12345

What about operation greasy mullet? That map was pretty good.
fartknocker12345 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:51 PM   #36
ReaperMAC

Send a message via AIM to ReaperMAC Send a message via Skype™ to ReaperMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Marley View Post
I remember being pinned down by Charlie in those sand bagged positions like it was yesterday. The VC were all around us man, the staccatto tap of kalashnikov bursts spelling death for guys who were too slow to cover. Man, that map was great. I want another Jungle map like that.
lol, VC my ass

[R-DEV]dbzao: My head Rhino.... (long pause) My beautiful head
[R-DEV]Rhino - If you want to spam do it in the tester area please.
Control the Media, Control the Mind.
ReaperMAC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:56 PM   #37
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperMAC View Post
lol, VC my ass
PLA, whatever. I can have flashbacks to wars I wasn't in if I want.

Charlie was all over us, man.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:53 PM   #38
Guerra

Mao Valley. The reason why I didn't uninstall this mod. The first map I played and realized the brilliance of this mod and the genius of that map.

The choke points mixed with open areas, dense jungle, etc.

It had some of the best and most memorable infantry battles. Holding a choke point was more important than holding the flag. It was great.

Shame on them for removing it. SHAME.
Guerra is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:09 PM   #39
youm0nt

Speaking of maps, is Operation Barracuda going to be in for 0.7? That map was along with Assault on Mestia in that news update a while back and I thought both maps were going to be in for 0.6. Oh well, gotta wait longer I guess

(o,o)
|)__)

-"-"-
O RLY?
youm0nt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:22 PM   #40
-=TB=-Tobakfromcuba
Supporting Member

karkand 1 and 2, with one or two flags removed for the RPs. i"m missing the city
-=TB=-Tobakfromcuba is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
maps, miss