project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
01 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2007, 08:14 PM   #31
pasfreak

pasfreak's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrelson View Post
i once saw a player get banned for chatting too much on the server. i told the admin that was too harsh, he should have kicked him instead and the next thing i know im being warned for insulting an admin!
that was me.
right?
i think it was kashan desert and i was complaining about various things. but not a whole lot
pasfreak is offline
Old 08-06-2007, 08:43 PM   #32
Zybon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggaayal View Post
I can see what you mean, but punishment for deterrence is legal concept. In psychology, they would say punishing to learn not to do something... My point being that they are the same, with a different name.
They aren't the same. In order to learn (through punishment) not to do something you need to first do it. Being deterred means that you know the consequences before hand.
Quote:
-If the punishment works, why are there murders/tk's?
-Jail=Ban; you protect the society first, punishment is second.
Because people either don't care or they are irrational. The other big purpose for punishment is to get rid of these people.
Quote:
Either you want to win as a team, and you don't irritate your team-mates by punishing or you don't.
Sounds like a personal problem.

Quote:
All you need is one bad nade, and three "team"-mates and you're out for quite some time. I don't do that.
Granted, but as I said, it depends on the circumstances. If they simply thought the 3 people were enemies, then they deserve to be kicked. I'm sure they'll check their map for allies next time. If it resulted from the game being wonky (or the TKed people share some of the blame) people will recognize this and forgive you.
Of course there ARE people who will punish you when it's unwarranted, but they normally don't stick around for too long and you'd need to TK many of these types of people to be kicked, so it's really nothing to worry (be irritated) about.

Quote:
Punishing is to boot intentional TK-ers when there is no admin around.
Yea, but most of the time an admin is around, and PR has built in anti-tk methods. It would seem that PR is remarkably free from uncontrolled TKers. Someone that is too trigger happy to tell friend from foe wouldn't be using a weapon in the military for long. Punishing represents that.
Zybon is offline
Last edited by Zybon; 08-06-2007 at 08:55 PM..
Old 08-06-2007, 10:19 PM   #33
Ikarti
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.Podedworny View Post
Ikarti I've had enough of your shit! You get mad when i piss off method on bf2s, You stalk me to RH and tk me, And now you got a problem with me making a complaint against assholes like you. Ikarti dont test me kid! I hate noobs like you! I am going to get you back if you piss me off enough!
Whoa, temper temper! Contrary to your belief, I just don't like ignorant 13 year olds getting on forums and advocating racism and apartheid because they're rebelling against liberal parents. m3thod's a friend of mine, but the reason I did it was because I knew it would get a reaction out of you and give me a cheap laugh(I FRAPSed that delightful little incident too.) But this isn't about that forum or me teamkilling you. It's about you wanting the world to stop for you. It's a game. It's not like you're paying to have that server up. If it's that bad, people won't play there and it'll teach them to not be assholes.

And calling me a kid (which I'm not, I know for a fact I'm a good deal older than you) and a noob, which means absolutely nothing to me, and threatening to GET ME BACK IN VIDEO GAMES!!!!!1111 just makes it even funnier. I'm looking on the brightside. You still have the chance to grow up yet.
Ikarti is offline
Old 08-06-2007, 10:35 PM   #34
DavidP
Banned
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikarti View Post
Whoa, temper temper! Contrary to your belief, I just don't like ignorant 13 year olds getting on forums and advocating racism and apartheid because they're rebelling against liberal parents. m3thod's a friend of mine, but the reason I did it was because I knew it would get a reaction out of you and give me a cheap laugh(I FRAPSed that delightful little incident too.) But this isn't about that forum or me teamkilling you. It's about you wanting the world to stop for you. It's a game. It's not like you're paying to have that server up. If it's that bad, people won't play there and it'll teach them to not be assholes.

And calling me a kid (which I'm not, I know for a fact I'm a good deal older than you) and a noob, which means absolutely nothing to me, and threatening to GET ME BACK IN VIDEO GAMES!!!!!1111 just makes it even funnier. I'm looking on the brightside. You still have the chance to grow up yet.
Dude wtf does this have to with what i say on bf2s? Let me guess method got mad and would'nt sodomize you? Want me to go lower? Not like that you sick bastard! I mean in insults.

Stop brining shit from another forum to here. This is PR we discuss PR not peoples political leanings and other bullshit! I admit i'm a conservative you dont like my views fine then but start an inter forum war!

Also you're the perfect definition of a hippie liberal you force your opinions on everyone else and when they disagree with them you go otu screaming and shouting about how wrong they are! Go back to san francisco turn on your Foreign Arthouse films and leave me the fuck alone!

I have friends too real real crazy friends. If they met you on the street well i'm not gonna describe it but it will be painful and extremely humiliating.(Not what method does to you everynight)

By the way your one to talk! You have to come here and harass me because i disagree with one of your friends over the internet.

And i forgot to say GTFO PR forums and let us discuss what we have to discuss.

Sorry guys about that he's just a little troll that likes to piss me off, Anyway i was thinking if the punishing system could be reworked in PR so people dont know who punished them and their points would'nt deduct just they would get an increased spawn time or some other penalty which would make near impossible for an admin to kick a person that punished him.
DavidP is offline
Old 08-06-2007, 10:44 PM   #35
Ikarti
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.Podedworny View Post
Dude wtf does this have to with what i say on bf2s? Let me guess method got mad and would'nt sodomize you? Want me to go lower? Not like that you sick bastard! I mean in insults.

Stop brining shit from another forum to here. This is PR we discuss PR not peoples political leanings and other bullshit! I admit i'm a conservative you dont like my views fine then but start an inter forum war!

Also you're the perfect definition of a hippie liberal you force your opinions on everyone else and when they disagree with them you go otu screaming and shouting about how wrong they are! Go back to san francisco turn on your Foreign Arthouse films and leave me the fuck alone!

I have friends too real real crazy friends. If they met you on the street well i'm not gonna describe it but it will be painful and extremely humiliating.(Not what method does to you everynight)

By the way your one to talk! You have to come here and harass me because i disagree with one of your friends over the internet.

And i forgot to say GTFO PR forums and let us discuss what we have to discuss.

Sorry guys about that he's just a little troll that likes to piss me off, Anyway i was thinking if the punishing system could be reworked in PR so people dont know who punished them and their points would'nt deduct just they would get an increased spawn time or some other penalty which would make near impossible for an admin to kick a person that punished him.
You wrote the book on being intolerant of others and their views. This temper tantrum speaks for itself David. Have a nice day.

Also what's your fixation with homosexuality? Repressing something?
Ikarti is offline
Old 08-06-2007, 10:57 PM   #36
xW0LFx

xW0LFx's Avatar
Default

FFS, read the rules and stop making shitfests in our forums!

locked
xW0LFx is offline
Closed Thread


Tags
admins, punished, stand
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:21 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2014, Project Reality.