project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
16 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2007, 01:31 PM   #1
KomradePedrovsk

Default CTD (happening 100% of the time when creating Local Server)

This isn't the usual CTD thread. I rarely CTD when playing on Dedicated Servers.

The problem here is that sometimes I wish to create a local server just to check the map alone or train using a certain vehicle like helicopters etc. I could do this in 0.5 but now in 0.6 the game CTDs all the time, even before it starts to load the map.

I can create local servers on other Mods or in Vanilla just fine. So I wonder if anyone knows what's wrong here?

Thanks
KomradePedrovsk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:32 PM   #2
Taffy

Yeah i'm getting this as well. tis frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself
It'd be more popular than PR, cuz itd appeal to the noob-spraying, team-killing, bunny-hopping, jet-crashing, team-swapping retards that belong in vanilla BF2.
Neutraliser of 1 spam bot.
Taffy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:48 PM   #3
youm0nt

I can create local servers just fine. Remember to get rid of all older versions of PR. That means 0.5 and the 0.6 betas. Also don't load up Bi Ming as your first map, which is guranteed to crash to desktop.

(o,o)
|)__)

-"-"-
O RLY?
youm0nt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:15 PM   #4
kristofer

Quote:
Originally Posted by youm0nt
I can create local servers just fine. Remember to get rid of all older versions of PR.
Yep, this was happening to me. If you still have the installer for 0.6 then uninstall PR completely and reinstall.

"Bad area round 'ere boy,
a lotta bad types,
a lotta mean people...
a lotta nutters."

Beafy: sleep is too tireing
kristofer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 06:47 PM   #5
KomradePedrovsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by youm0nt
I can create local servers just fine. Remember to get rid of all older versions of PR. That means 0.5 and the 0.6 betas. Also don't load up Bi Ming as your first map, which is guranteed to crash to desktop.
Thanks! That seemed to do the trick. I forgot to uninstall 0.5 before installing 0.6, and hadn't noticed that it says to do so in the installation.
KomradePedrovsk is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
100%, creating, ctd, happening, local, server, time