project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
02 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 05:24 AM   #1
=UKHC=Neoteknix
Thumbs up Kashan Desert.

All i have to say is.

What a F*cking AWESOME MAP.

played it throughout the beta, had a bit of difficulty with lag sometimes, and still do ... but when it Settles down and it plays well, I've had some amazing battles on this map.

Heard alot of people moaning about Tank Sniping and so on, but i think thats part of it. the whole atmosphere out of the map has a really immersive Gulf War feel about it.

I even like the Long Drives out to get to the flags, when your with team-mates in a car, or on the Helicopters its like the silence before the storm.

Had an amazing Battle in the Bunkers last night with some great Teamplayers, was very tough work defending the North Bunker but we did and a player Named Xecess ( i think ) was Nailing them left right and centre with his Saw as they piled in from the Roof, while i covered his back and nipped out once in a while to Pop a few rounds into the MEC Soldiers faces.

a Hefty Gun Battle then Ensued as they all Tried to Attack from the North of our position in an APC - After wiping the floor with them our squad pushed up and we made a Strong Push for the North Village, where we were welcomed by the scariest thing in the entire map. 2 A10s.

Needless to say we all got Owned and Ended up back at north bunker Lol.

So theres Tight, Confined Space Infantry Battles inside the Bunkers, Long Range and Close Range Desert Tank and Vehicle Combat and some Brilliant AIR ro AIR and AIR to GROUND Combat.

I just love to see 2 Migs Flying in formation Whizz past - they Really do look SO Damn Realistic.

Just want to Say well Done Devs, No moans about this Map whatsoever - Absolutely Love it.
=UKHC=Neoteknix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:05 AM   #2
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Yep it's a great map. Personally, I wonder why it does not start with 2 fighters on the ground (after the 5 min wait or what not) instead of one that builds up to two. They've got two bunkers, after all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:09 AM   #3
G.Drew

Send a message via MSN to G.Drew

currently one of my favourite PR maps atm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-COM]BloodBane611: I do like the old school rape...However, it's a bit awkward to be a white boy blasting the old school in public....
G.Drew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:11 AM   #4
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

ya same here drew and the only problem with it is all the people complaining about its size. I would love to see in real life some guy yell about the battlefileds size.

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality

LtSoucy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:30 AM   #5
[R-DEV]epoch
PR:A3 Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I never played this map through the beta, preferring to run my server as Al Basrah Insurgency 24/7.

Last night I stuck on Kashan for a change. We had a great battle last night. One of the best I've ever had in BF2. Fantastic teamplay.

Only thing is, I can't switch my server back to Al Basrah! It's been constantly full/near full since I stuck Kashan on last night!

Certainly a popular map!

[R-MOD]Cp: epoch if I wasn't dancing right now I'd shoot you.
[R-DEV]epoch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:34 AM   #6
Burlock

yeh this map very rarely lets me down for a good fight, somtimes on public servers it could do with more vehicles to move people around, but i think its mainly due to people zooming off on there own rather than waiting for anyone else who needs a ride
Burlock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:34 AM   #7
=UKHC=Neoteknix

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtSoucy
ya same here drew and the only problem with it is all the people complaining about its size. I would love to see in real life some guy yell about the battlefileds size.
Haha yeah i bet they do - but just like in Kashan, Theres not much they can do about it hehehe
Old 07-23-2007, 07:37 AM   #8
demonicklown445

Send a message via AIM to demonicklown445

Kashan desert and Assault on mestia. Those are my favorite maps. I love playing in a squad who knows what they are doing. Try the 101st airborne division clan on PR. They play the good maps, actually know how to work together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macho_borrito
where's my timemachine when you need it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz
Einstein stole it
demonicklown445 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:38 AM   #9
=UKHC=Neoteknix

Quote:
Originally Posted by epoch
I never played this map through the beta, preferring to run my server as Al Basrah Insurgency 24/7.

Last night I stuck on Kashan for a change. We had a great battle last night. One of the best I've ever had in BF2. Fantastic teamplay.

Only thing is, I can't switch my server back to Al Basrah! It's been constantly full/near full since I stuck Kashan on last night!

Certainly a popular map!
Were you on the UK tactics and teamwork Server ?

if so - What a Round ! us MEC Troops Pushed you Right back to the North Village, but it ended up Being a Whole battle for the bunkers.

Was absolutely ace and lasted a good 2 hours nearly !
Old 07-23-2007, 07:50 AM   #10
[R-DEV]epoch
PR:A3 Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Yes - that's my server.

You MEC guys certainly gave us a right good hammering.

Top marks to my squad though - they were great. Special mention for "Tweaky" who was brilliant in the A10! I had a guy on my teamspeak who was in the MEC squad and he was cursing Squeaky for ages - I thought he was going to have a stroke!!! Very funny!

Demos can be found here.

The 3 hour battle last night is auto_2007_07_22_21_20_02.bf2demo
and is about 226MB in size! Download and relive your nightmare!

PS. Looking for a good demo indexer if anyone has any recommendations ? I saw one which listed map, players etc but can't find it now.

[R-MOD]Cp: epoch if I wasn't dancing right now I'd shoot you.
Last edited by [R-DEV]epoch; 07-23-2007 at 07:56 AM..

Tags
desert, kashan