project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2007, 03:58 PM   #31
.:iGi:. Eggenberg4Ever
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie
the MoD refuse to train pilots how to fire it, train in using it or buy ammunition for it.
As far as I know, strafing runs are still part of the program. RAF Donna Nook (in, if memory serves me correctly, Lincolnshire or Norfolk) is used for strafing runs (big fuck-off canvas targets placed well out to sea ) but, as per usual, the Action Mandarins in the MOD are tight, tight, tight and live firing runs are restricted to maybe 2 a year tops.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What's French for deja vu?
.:iGi:. Eggenberg4Ever is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:09 PM   #32
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

Well, actually, next plane in line would be the J-8II or J-7 (MiG-21) but anyway, you do present a good argument.

If the J-10 in its current form has poor hit boxes the natural choice is the J-11/Su-27/Su-30.

IIRC, Rhino said the J-10 will be the air superiorty fighter on Quinling. I doubt it's a new version though.

The problem with any of the Chinese Jets that could be the fighter is that they would need new models. So, uh...

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:09 PM   #33
eddie
The [R-MOD]s' Poodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:iGi:. Eggenberg4Ever
As far as I know, strafing runs are still part of the program. RAF Donna Nook (in, if memory serves me correctly, Lincolnshire or Norfolk) is used for strafing runs (big fuck-off canvas targets placed well out to sea ) but, as per usual, the Action Mandarins in the MOD are tight, tight, tight and live firing runs are restricted to maybe 2 a year tops.
I'm not saying that they don't for other aircraft, it's just that they weren't going to train pilots how to use it on the EF because of the costs....... until a bunch of angry infantry 'leaders' (not much of an inf man, sorry) complained and basically called the MoD fucking useless.

eddie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:30 PM   #34
Taffy

Well then they weren't far wrong Eddie. Damn bureaucrats!

Also, I thought that the Tranche T1 was only a trainer/familiarisation aircraft? Might be wrong though, the only contact I've had with the RAF was on a week's work experience to RAF St Athan (now, or soon to be, MoD St Athan) Talking of St Athan, Eggenberg, I'm pretty sure that Pembrey Sands is also used for air-to-ground training? Because when I was with the engineers they were rigging up a load of Hawks to do a sortie there (missiles and cannon were fully equipped)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself
It'd be more popular than PR, cuz itd appeal to the noob-spraying, team-killing, bunny-hopping, jet-crashing, team-swapping retards that belong in vanilla BF2.
Neutraliser of 1 spam bot.
Taffy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:38 PM   #35
eddie
The [R-MOD]s' Poodle

Well they're using it in the Operational Conversion Unit (17 Squadron, 29 Squadron), Operational Evaluation Unit and the Air Defence Role (3 Squadron as of November 2007, 11 Squadron as of March 2007).

eddie is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
battle, eurofighter, qinling, spotted