project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2007, 11:47 AM   #41
Rico11b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel
I may be stupid , But.
The game changes are friggin awsome but trying to talk my clan mates to check it out has left them confused and there fore they give up and fall back to the Vanilla.
You all need a post or have a heading that gives the first timmer all he needs to know to join a server and start killing. Id like to invent an autoinstaller for ya but again "Im Stupid" But a "getting started with PR" would help my efforts to build a team without needing a microsoft certification.
Then again I might be stupid.... and that already exists. LOL
Ive been called worse.
Please refrain from putting yourself down. It takes away any opportunities for us to do it for you lol. Just kidding! It does seem that the amount of stuff you have to remember is getting larger, and larger. It will still make for a great game once we all re-learn to play again.

Later
R

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is what should be expected from a "real" M-16, when fired by an "expert" shooter! This applies to "expert" only. However, someone that can only qualify basic "marksman" by hitting 23 out of 40 targets will NOT shoot this well! Period!!!
Rico11b is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:40 PM   #42
Steel

Cool, beans Sir.
Thanks for all the input , I now know that the crumbling clan i belong to cant handle this type of Realisim.
So the rush to comprehend it all is no longer a priority. I now can take my time and have fun with what Is finaly the computer version of that old board game we all loved "Squad Leader " You all ever play that ?
And thanks for the response ,Well done !
Steel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:48 PM   #43
BetterDeadThanRed

To be honest, I think its a good thing that PR is scaring off a lot of these vanilla players.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
LeMazing.
BetterDeadThanRed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:58 PM   #44
PlayPR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterDeadThanRed
To be honest, I think its a good thing that PR is scaring off a lot of these vanilla players.
Same here, all they do is attack attack attack... They have no knowledge of the importance of defense...

PlayPR! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:02 PM   #45
Lampshade111
Banned

It is better to keep the enemy on the defensive.

More players are always nice, free cannon fodder.
Lampshade111 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:04 PM   #46
Dark_Wolf

yeah they're always useful to see where people are shooting from. then you take out the sniper, revive them and let them run along again

repeat until war is won lol
Dark_Wolf is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:43 PM   #47
Steel

Harsh
I hope you all at least cut a few new guys some slack
Steel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:55 PM   #48
Ghostrider
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel
Cool, beans Sir.
[...]the crumbling clan i belong to cant handle this type of Realisim.
Well, you must take into account that not everyone thinks the same way. You may be enjoying a more realistic experience because thats what you were looking for in the 1st place, but maybe your friends think that they in for the arcade fun that vBF2 provides to them.

The mod is aimed at a particular group of people -- those that seek realism within the BF2 platform, within its aknowleged limits. People must adapt to the gameplay the mod provides, because we wont adapt (or dumb down) the mod for 'mass appeal'. Thats what you have vBF2 for

This is like a different game, within an old game. It takes time, it takes some effort, and most of all, it takes motivation. If they dont like it, and they're not motivated, then they'll never stay...and since the mod will only push forward (away from vBF2 in terms of realism and gameplay), then their fate is sealed.

-Ghost

Ghostrider is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:55 PM   #49
Rambo Hunter

[puts on flamesuit]
and remember there's always other mods out there,
POE2, DCon, AIX, and many more are aimed for fun and arcade gameplay, whereas mods like PR and USI i think are more serious, tactical mods. And then there's mods like BF2 Assault which are a mix of both, realistic weapon damages, bleeding, big guns, silenced weapons, a mix. I'm sure there's something out there for everyone.

Rambo Hunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:54 AM   #50
Steel

Sir,

Thanks for your thoughts but now you have raised a few more questions.
Ive got a few friends that like REAL and accurate game play and I hope to bring them here to play what I feel is a great mod

cool beans
Last edited by Steel; 06-22-2007 at 08:35 AM..

Tags
complicatednew, guys, turned