project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 12:39 PM   #21
Skyren

I often dont punish because to be honest it's usually my fault, On the occasion where it is accidental (no fault on either part) then I wait like most for 10 seconds for a sorry and return it and thats it.

On occasion where it is deliberate then i punish without them giving me a stupid excuse.
Skyren is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:16 PM   #22
wazza_ni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertfox
I give people about 10-15 seconds to say sorry or its a punish.
Yip, same here

If you cant either type sorry or use it in the commo rose and say it, then you get a punish.

Manners cost nothing as they say

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Hunter S. Thompson
wazza_ni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:12 AM   #23
Haze

For accidental teamkills we should do what happens in real life.
That is cover it up and pretend it didn't happen at all and award our dead comrade a medal for bravery in battle.
Have the media uncover the error of our ways and punish the whole military effort through media beatdown. (A whole new stat line showing TKs and corresponding minus points awarded.)
Haze is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:12 AM   #24
Vicktor Vauhn

Have the dev's gone and added additional neg points for being punished?

Ive found that very few people know that, at least in vBF2, punishes don't actually mean anything official...it just shows they are angry with you.
You end up with the same point loss reguardless of punishes or forgives...

Most people get confused because you loose some points for team damage, and some for team kill, so you loose more points then just a team kill if you damaged them first....

Are you guys sure its not the same for PR? Ive read quite a bit of the rules and what not and never noticed anything about it?
Vicktor Vauhn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:11 PM   #25
MMad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick&Kyitha
Put yourself in the position when you kill someone by mistake. Would you like to be punished?
Yep.

I accept responsibility for all bullets leaving my gun and the movements of all vehicles I steer. I wish everyone else did the same.
MMad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:42 PM   #26
AoP

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingrobbie
Since I was dead, I COULDN'T say sorry
You mean being dead in game kept you from pressing "k" and typing "Guys, that was my fault. Nade hit the tree and bounced back, I'm sorry."?

I tend to rely on my situational awareness, i.e. if I think someone TKed out of stupidity, I punish. Same - of course - for deliberate TKs.
I barely ever punish squadmates, if so, than usually people who deserve it, for example people doing really stupid things. Also, I tend to punish people quicker if I don't play with them more or less regularly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AoP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:23 PM   #27
mammikoura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick&Kyitha
I'll give you an example: USMC APC is aproaching. Got myslef RPG kit as an insurgent. Got around the corner, take aim and fired... Between myself and that APC one insurgent single bloke rised up to take his shoot (didn't seen him untill he stand up).He got hit in the back with RPG rocket. I quickly said sorry and explained on team speak that it was just bloody accident and got punished.
see that is the problem, people don't like to be shot in the back with an rpg. I would have probably pressed forgive since you said sorry, but not all people are like that.
mammikoura is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:20 AM   #28
Hx.Clavdivs

LOL

This reminds me. Me and a buddy tried out a new server. We joined. Joined squad and "reported in" doing the friendly "what do you want, where do you want it?" and got kicked. So, what is one to do? We rump around in a 2 man squad and in Inishail forrest get an overlook at "rally ally" from a distance.

I spot, he kills 5-7 chineese before we accidentally kill 1 friendly. My fault, I said open fire and he killed this friendly good and proper. We both apologized before 3 seconds had passed. Offcouse, "we" got punished.

Then the guy in question joins our squad, we apologize once again. And in worse english than us, cusses us and basically tells us of, leaves again before we can explain.

Now, getting punished for TK - OK. I get it. Quiting his own squad, joining ours and get a personal apology and an explenation - and still piss like a little ant? Priceless.

Edit: Grammar and spelling issues.

visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and ''Squad Up" today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101 bassdrive
..game experience may change during weekends..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz
LOL, Helix clan disclaimer
Last edited by Hx.Clavdivs; 05-27-2007 at 01:06 PM..
Old 05-26-2007, 10:31 AM   #29
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

Now, getting punished for TK - OK. I get it. Quiting your own squad, joining the ours and get a personal apology and an explanation - and still piss like a little ant? Priceless.

L M A O

One reason to punish obvious smacktardedness induced TK's is that some servers kick for x-amount of punished TK's.
That is the standard I would like to see in all servers. You can TK 50 people and not get kicked if you can convince all of them it was an accident but 4 punished TK's and you get the boot.
ArmedDrunk&Angry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:21 PM   #30
gazzthompson

the worst guy in the world for this is mr nicklebe or summin like that ...

it was basrah and i was in a choppa and was getting a bit excited and was blasting everything with the cobra gun , last time i checked no good guys about so shot eveything , then next thing i know i tked , thought o shit and whistle typing sry he punished, so i asked y and he said i needed to be tought a lesson? so i thought that was wierd . we then had a massive argument and after all that he said "look if people just look before they shoot then there would be no tking" and i was like "its not that simple ! every 1 looks b4 they shoot or they couldnt shoot the guy" he then repliyed "well i take 3-5 seconds b4 i shoot" , anyhow after massive argument i stoped , later he tked a guy !!! , so i was like" mr nicklebe haha unlucky" and he didnt even know he had tked and this all after our massive argument .

any way to summerise , hes a wanker. /rant over.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
punished, teamkill