project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2007, 09:10 AM   #11
Andru

I had problems like that, so I bought an extra gb of ram and now it runs fine, obviously on low/medium graphics but I promise you the extra gig made a massive difference, not too expensive either. You can see by my system that its not great but i'm still in the game with no graphics lag.

AMD athlon 64 processor 3400+
2gig ram
Nvidia geforce 6200SE turbocache
Andru is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:14 AM   #12
SGT.Collado

That's the reason why I bought an AMD.

AMD>gaming
Intel>video editing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77SiCaRiO77
ask him if he is an enemy , if he answer you in other language, then fire at him
SGT.Collado is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:19 AM   #13
DjDirty

Quote:
thats the thing i have soooo many music programs that i have to pass under the reinstalling and reregistrering thing that its just annoy and it can corrupt my songs
What audio software are you using? Reinstalling and registering isn't a problem. You shoudn't have problems with loading up your tracks to whatever software you're using if you install all the plugins you used before. And besided i hope you back your stuff up, cause i hear to many horror stories that people have a H.D malfunction and their whole year or more of work goes down the drain, casue they didn't back up.. Back up is your best friend, and sometimes a reinstall of windoes and your audio software is good for you. I have everything backed up, if there would be somethign wrong with my system, i got few dvd's and backup hard drive to get me up an running in few hours..
DjDirty is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:40 AM   #14
Long Bow

I would bet that your continued downward spiral has more to do with programs and services running in the background. It could be that you have so much running in the background that your ram and page file is loaded up with crap.

There are some good guides out there for tweaking all the processes and services that automaticly start up with windows. Almost every program you install on your computer trys to run automaticly at windows start up, these start adding up and can kill your pc's performance. Tweakguides.com has a good system guide, there is also one from a guy called "Black Viper" that is excellent. If you don't know what something is just google it and find out exacty what it does.

There are lots of free spyware/malware software cleaners out there that would help as well. This forum lists a ton of them and other free software http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=320017

Last thing would be to grab so more ram, if your current set up is 512mbx2 think about grabbing some low price ram from a repuitable company such as 1gbx2 setup. Even if you grab some more 512 sticks it would help (1gbx2 is better then running 512mbx4, it has to do with the memory controller blah blah).

Do a bit of work first before you take it to some one else, good luck Oh and post back as you go to see if we can help.

Cheers,
Long Bow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:55 AM   #15
Hx.Clavdivs

If this is your problem, this will get the ball rolling in the right direction.

There are some that speculate that perhaps your "PC's CPU is wasted by lots of non-essential Windows stuff." 1) This reminded me of an article that I read in PCGamer UK edition, Febuary 2007 no 171 on page 116-117. If you don't buy that magazine or don't give a fig, not to worry - I have no life. Short recap:

* You can take controll by either going threw the startup files manually and then close anything that demands processing power every time you want to game, or
* Make a new profile and just make a "clean boot" standard

I run Microsoft XP Home edition, so I made a profile called GAMING.
Click on START, and then RUN. Type in msconfig
Click on STARTUP
Uncheck the necessary files

Now, I know what you are thinking. You a moron or what? There are lots of fancy FREE programs out there that can do this better. Yes; I would advice RegCleaner. Just google "regcleaner+download" and you find a bunch of websites where you can get this baby. It even makes that handy backup incase you mess up unchecking one of those critical files. Or, you might be thinking that I'm still a moron, cause ... how the f... do I know what is necessary file or not? Bi***!

Luckily, our pal Long Bow made a recogmendation for Tweakguides.com and you could do a search there. Or ... the magazine came with a handy little guide (what file is what) that I followed and had no trouble. As I said, I made a seperate profile with ONLY gaming in mind (for those games who demand an arm and a leg of your computer).

2)
These files you do NOT uncheck

The Clean Machine
RUNDLL32.EXE
This is essential to run dll files, a fundamental part of Windows' basic operation, so leave it be.

EXPLORER.EXE
The Windows interface, not the internet browser. Close this and lose your Task Bar.

SVCHOST.EXE
Handles processes started by dll files. Use Security Task Manager, downloadable at www.neuber.com/taskmanager/download.html to find out what it's really doing.

CSRSS.EXE
Client/Server Runtime Server Subsystem. Part of what makes Windows talk to your PC.

LSASS.EXE
Microsoft's Community Support Officer, lsass looks after local security issues.

I let some of the startups live. For example tuning the graphics for NVIDIA, the "trey" and button assignment for my mouse etc. Rest - BEGONE!

Be wee bit careful, one wrong turn etc ... otherwise I go with BEGONE method.

(1 and 2 =Direct quote from PCGamer Febuary 2007 UK version no 171 page 116-117)

visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and ''Squad Up" today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101 bassdrive
..game experience may change during weekends..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz
LOL, Helix clan disclaimer
Hx.Clavdivs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:14 AM   #16
zeroburrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT.Collado
That's the reason why I bought an AMD.

AMD>gaming
Intel>video editing
sorry, but that ended when the duo came out. i am an amd fanboy but you can't deny that the duo beats the snot out of the amd.
zeroburrito is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:44 PM   #17
Long Bow

Clavdivs explanation is better then mine. I pointed you towards some info but his basically tells you more what to do when you get that info. So be sure to do your research and follow what Clavdivs said

Until the Core 2 duo came out AMD was gaming king, and somewhat of the overclock king. Now though C2D is king of both those domains. I hate the computer gaming and overclocking arena, they always make your rig look like crap within the year By the time I built mine it was only a high end machine for a few months doh!

Cheers,
Long Bow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:47 PM   #18
xW0LFx

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroburrito
sorry, but that ended when the duo came out. i am an amd fanboy but you can't deny that the duo beats the snot out of the amd.

nope AMD still can out bench any intel proccessor out there, plus there over clocking on amd is way more efficent then intel,

intel for word processing or videos w/e

amd is still the best at gaming...
xW0LFx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:46 PM   #19
noir-colombia-

I LOVE THIS COMUNNITTY DUDE!!! THANKS ALOT FOR THE QUICK AND KIND ANSWERS !!!!

i solved the cpu problem, note to self: removing a layer of dust can help, and ur cpu will not overheat

i just need 1 more gig of ram and im ready to go.....

one thing theres a lot of info on this tread that can be useful for another members please DONT erase this topic

once again thanks alot BEERS FOR EVERYONE!!!!

El_Vikingo said: I only like 100% colombian. Leo said:colombian goodness

please visit:
industrial music inside.

noir-colombia- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:34 PM   #20
OiSkout

Ugh, I only have 1GB of RAM too. Does this mean I must follow the same route?! Noooo ...
OiSkout is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bad, leave