project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
31 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2007, 08:44 AM   #11
him_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Mongolian_dude
Those Two thumbnails....
Was that last night on Thorsbrigade where me and 'Teh_Sqwaud', lead by Maj.Bob.dob himself used around 90 smoke nades and a hell load of ammo packs to get right up to the MEC desert flag and taking the best squad(with me comming 2nd), by any chance?
That match was a murkle circle indeed, GG, GJ, NRM.

...mongol...
mongol this s way before BCST. This is when i led a squad and won the battle using tactics and cover to my advantage.
him_j is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:03 AM   #12
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

visa vie smoke:
Rifleman..drop all 3 bags...drop one smoke on your own position...throw 2 smoke 45 degrees each from your axis 10-20m...after that throw 2 more straight ahead...move up 20 meters ....rinse and repeat

It's a great tactic when you are too drunk to shoot.

And, like someone's sig says " smoke left - flank right "

When defending ....throw smoke allow probable axis of attack 30+ meters so enemy has no long distance view of your pos but you can see that 30m and shoot him/her when hey emerge from the smoke.
ArmedDrunk&Angry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:02 AM   #13
JohnnyPissoff

One Caveat regarding smoke; it does tend to alert the enemy of your eminent approach and position. You can use this to your advantage in some instances:

- Assaulting a tightly held CP. Have a teammate sneak and drop smoke opposite of main attack direction. Most defenders will be diverted away from your assault. (eg; drop smoke south, assault north)

- Another good smoke tactic to use when you want to divert or "lead" the enemy; have a teammate throw smoke at a random location totally away from your intended attack zone. Most enemies will leave their approach heading and follow the smoke. Some will actually leave their defensive position hungry for a kill.

- You can use smoke to lure enemies for ambush situations as well.

One more word about smoke and it comes from my CS playing days; Random smoke spamming tends to confuse friendlies as well as enemies.(TK situation?) So please use it thoughtfully, and best when coordinated with your SL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JohnnyPissoff is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:40 AM   #14
zeidmaan

as far as the smoke goes, one VERY obvious thing that still many people dont get is that it takes time for smoke to build up. Ive seen it a million times. Guy drops smoke and starts running right away. He gets mowed down and than he shouts "omg wtf smoke hax n00b".

Same goes for reviving. Guy drops a smoke and revives right away

proud member of *=LP=*
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
zeidmaan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:17 AM   #15
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Nice post, him_j. I like it.

Yes, zeidmaan, (some) medics need to be disciplined from time to time. When IN a firefight, some tend to immediately revive you, only to get shot as soon as you're back. All part of tactics, I believe.

[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:09 PM   #16
Patrick&Kyitha

as a squad leader. Need to put yourself in high ground, preferably in some sort of high grass, armed with antipersonel kit and use binoculars to spot enemies. that way you stay alive, squad members can spawn on you and you can collect vital info about enemy positions. not to worry about points. leading your squad to victory and making sure your squad survives to most violent and vile firefights is your reward.
Patrick&Kyitha is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:18 AM   #17
Raegron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick&Kyitha
as a squad leader ... armed with antipersonel kit
Something isn't right here...
Raegron is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 04:20 AM   #18
Longbow*

Send a message via ICQ to Longbow*

3 tips I usually give my noob friends that enter PR :
1. Join squad with experienced SL and follow this Sarge :P
2. Try do not act like fool
3. Try do not let them kill you
Longbow* is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:45 PM   #19
wazza_ni

Im going to go back to the smoke issue here. Im also going do to a Peter Griffin and state what really "grinds my gears".

Im all for the use of smoke - given the right situation. Using smoke as a tool for concealment when say for example, crossing a stretch of open ground that can be fired on by the OPFOR, is vital.

But what really grinds my gears is when capping a flag people start popping smoke all around me. Im sorry, but i just dont agree with it. I was on the 24/7 Muttrah server playing on USMC and 4 of us were capping docks. We had every entrance to the docks shed covered and then two goons from another squad come in and starts throwing smoke around the place. The end result was the MEC taking half of us out with grenades that we never seen coming and the rest of us when they rushed the building.

My point is, when your capping a flag dont throw smoke around aimlessly. Smoke surrounding your position limits your vision and therefore makes it easier for the enemy to get right on top of you without you seeing them. By doing this your simply giving your enemy cover to advance on you.

I have no doubt that multiple people will disagree with what im saying, but I prefer to be able to spot and engage my enemy if he trys to get closer to me rather than help him out by putting a "barrier" between us and giving him a free run to my position.

Wazza

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Hunter S. Thompson
wazza_ni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 04:06 PM   #20
noir-colombia-

another two very usefull tactics :

1. when u are against a tank or an apc, trow smoke at them, it can confuse the pilots, or the respawning people on there, newbie drivers just stay there , and dont fall back, theres when u pop the place with rpgs or slams. this tactic is pretty usefull when ure pinned down by these war collosus, even u can destroy a tank by urself , of course if u know how to sneak.

2. newbie tank drivers just fire their heavy artillery against infantry, instead of using their 50 cal turrets. The fire just pop smoke and the driver cant see a sh*.t . there`s when u aproach the tank

3. VERY IMPORTANT: increasing the sensibility of ur mouse (in the options tab) can help a lot with ur aim and reduce the recoil.

El_Vikingo said: I only like 100% colombian. Leo said:colombian goodness

please visit:
industrial music inside.

noir-colombia- is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
guide, players, survival