project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2007, 09:10 PM   #11
strima
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

It took Billy Boy and his cronies years to get XP sort of working so why trust something new he's bought out. I may get it when SP2 is brought out in about three years.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
strima is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:49 PM   #12
SGT.Collado

Ya you can play BF2 with Vista but not highly recommended. What I did was made a dual-boot so I have XP for games and Vista for all my other stuff. Just play as BF2 Admin (XP SP2 Compatible mode).

By the way, why are you using Internet Exploder?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77SiCaRiO77
ask him if he is an enemy , if he answer you in other language, then fire at him
SGT.Collado is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:41 AM   #13
WNxKenwayy

Xp > Vista for about the next year of gaming
WNxKenwayy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:53 AM   #14
causticbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Vikingo
Vista is not good enough for Gamers or anyone if I may say so myself.

It may look good, but thats all they did to it.

If I wanted an OS that felt like a flash menue, id get a mac

causticbeat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:24 AM   #15
Cheeseman
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
By the way, why are you using Internet Exploder?
Why not?

OK Battlefield 2/Project Reality plays horrible on Vista Ultimate. I got 2GB of RAM, 2.4 GHz Dual core CPU, and a not so good X1600 512MB. BF2/PR worked so well with XP pro, but after Vista Ultimate install, the game plays like shit. I mean the FPS drop is phenomenal. I don’t know if it’s the ATi Catalyst 7.2 (Vista) that’s causing the sudden bad gameplay experience, or it’s the fact that Vista forces an extra 300+MB shared system memory for graphics use. All I know is that I use to get 50+FPS in PR with all graphics settings on high and anti aliasing on 4x when I had XP pro platform. Now I get smooth gameplay, then a few seconds of constant lag, and then the same thing happens again.

Cheeseman sad .
Last edited by Cheeseman; 03-18-2007 at 04:33 AM..
Old 03-18-2007, 04:38 AM   #16
Hauler

I got a free windows vista ultimate and I havent installed yet cause im waiting for the patches. Its sweet thank god for tiger direct.

"Who just threw a grenade at a tank
"
Hauler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:41 AM   #17
Hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseman
Why not?

OK Battlefield 2/Project Reality plays horrible on Vista Ultimate. I got 2GB of RAM, 2.4 GHz Dual core CPU, and a not so good X1600 512MB. BF2/PR worked so well with XP pro, but after Vista Ultimate install, the game plays like shit. I mean the FPS drop is phenomenal. I don’t know if it’s the ATi Catalyst 7.2 (Vista) that’s causing the sudden bad gameplay experience, or it’s the fact that Vista forces an extra 300+MB shared system memory for graphics use. All I know is that I use to get 50+FPS in PR with all graphics settings on high and anti aliasing on 4x when I had XP pro platform. Now I get smooth gameplay, then a few seconds of constant lag, and then the same thing happens again.

Cheeseman sad .
Take AA off there really isnt a difference. I have an 8800 GTX and a FX-60 processor 4 gigs of ram and I used to get bad results with the AA on I had it on 1600X1200 but I mean yea. With the 8800 GTX I can get 8x AA but I dont want it. Game plays better I feel with no AA.

"Who just threw a grenade at a tank
"
Hauler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:43 AM   #18
Rambo Hunter

Try setting the windows "theme" to windows classic next time you play, i've heard it helps a little
Rambo Hunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:44 AM   #19
[*LM*]Lt-Gruber

Send a message via MSN to [*LM*]Lt-Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhand
Vista 32Bit works fine with my BF2. The only reason why I went back to XP:

~ vista 15-30% slower framerate
~ vista doesnt let me set sounds to 'Ultra High' using X-Fi soundcard.
Im running vista and pr with xfi in and have lultra high sound as for frame rate cant see any differnce.
[*LM*]Lt-Gruber is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:01 AM   #20
ubiquitous

Send a message via MSN to ubiquitous

Im using vista home premium on my Athlon 64 3700/2gig/x800 gto system and did get quite an FPS drop. I used to be able to runeverything but lighting on high at 1280x1024 but now I've had to drop the res to 1024x768 and even at that the frame rate is lower in vista.

Haven't had any trouble with my X-Fi though, did you get the latest drivers from Creative?
ubiquitous is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
battlefield, vista