project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2007, 07:59 PM   #1
[-=IDSF=-]SykloAG

Lightbulb A new Battlefield 2 patch? Take action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA Battlefield Forums - MadManX79 (EA.com)
Copied from EA_Violet's post in the General Discussion Forum on Jan. 5, 2007
---------------------------------------------------------- -------------

Hello, soldiers. Welcome to the debriefing.

MadMan asked me to post an announcement concerning if Battlefield 2 will see another update after 1.41. Obviously, I'm not on the DICE Live Team so I can't guarantee a patch or a timeline, but I do have some information.

Will there be another update?
The support teams (both here, in the US, and in other parts of the world) have worked to compile a proper list of all of the fixes and additions you have asked for. The list is based on our own experiences with the game, contacts to our support team, and the incredibly helpful posts from you, the community members, that tell us what needs to change. This list goes directly to the DICE Live Team and, if the list contains enough information to verify and fix the requested items, there is a very good chance that you will see another Battlefield 2 update.

When will you know for sure? Where should you check for more information?
As soon as there is any information about a possible update, it will be posted in the forums either by an EA employee, like me, or by one of your moderators, like MadMan. You can also check the official Battlefield page for news and updates. I really don't know what kind of timeline you can expect. We just came out of the holiday season which is very busy for all of the teams at EA, so we just have to keep a lookout for any updates and keep giving DICE the information they need.

How can you help?
When a moderator or admin creates a thread asking about issues, feedback, ideas, and the like, make sure your post is constructive, has helpful details, and is on topic. Things like your hardware information, detail about the steps you've taken to resolve an issue, accurate counts of how often something occurs, or good information to back your ideas is all very helpful in not only convincing development teams to make changes, but in allowing them and the testing teams to reproduce the issue so that they can research and fix it.

Before I finish out this post, I'd just like to thank all of you again for your dedication to the game. Your posts have been incredibly central to the push for an update. If the a game had a heartbeat, it would be here, in the community who loves a game and fights to make it better.

Feel free to reply or PM any questions or comments.

See you on the battlefield.

~Violet
Now as far as I can tell, a new Battlefield 2 patch would only be good for PR. As such, I would like to propose that some sort of issues DB be created to collect detailed bug reports. Then once new BF2 engine issues slow to a trickle (or when otherwise decided), it could all get sent to EA for their consideration. Who knows - we might just get a 1.5 patch!
[-=IDSF=-]SykloAG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:02 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

nooo! not anouther patch, have mercy on us dice!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:20 PM   #3
Randleman5102

O God no.

Please, spare us DICE.

You Are Now Breathing Manually...
Randleman5102 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:33 PM   #4
Fishw0rk

The hopeless optimist in me wants EA to release a final patch that adds a prone delay and whatever minor features modders need most. Maybe even a "fix" for vehicles so that we can finally have players stand inside large vehicles without getting them TKed.

If Dice/EA could do that without screwing something up (yeah right) I'd be very pleased.

EA Origin account: Mishfal
Fishw0rk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:47 PM   #5
[-=IDSF=-]SykloAG

Question Uh...

I thought a patch that fixed bugs would be a good thing? Of course, that is if it really fixed things instead of making other things worse or requiring major re-coding of stuff.

And if this is the case then maybe some official PR-sponsored bug/issue DB would benefit PR devs/users in the long run?
[-=IDSF=-]SykloAG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:24 PM   #6
oddANGRYshot

With several large BF2 forums, each with their own problem/bug page along with the millions of complaints received over the phone and by email.. if EA/Dice dont know what the issues are they either:

1) Dont give a shit.
2) Dont know how to fix them.
3) Wont make anymore money out of BF2

Take your pick.... no more patches for BF2
oddANGRYshot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:26 PM   #7
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via AIM to RikiRude Send a message via MSN to RikiRude

GOd stupid Dice, I bet they are going to break something that didn't need to be fixed in the first place, and totally fubar an attempt to fix prone spamming in the process as well.

Proud n00b tub3r of 5 spam bots!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]2Slick4U
That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.
RikiRude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:28 PM   #8
Demio

Quick everyone! TO THE SPAMCOPTER!

E-Mail DICE with your suggestions and they might me heard. Errr, or they might break jumping and the commo-rose while trying to implement them

Every generation seems to have 20 to 40 I.Q. points less than their previous generation... They become more stupid by the hour.. - [R-DEV]Ghostrider
Demio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:34 PM   #9
trogdor1289

Send a message via MSN to trogdor1289

Yeah kind of a trade off as in do we really want their attempted help.
trogdor1289 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:35 PM   #10
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [-=IDSF=-]SykloAG
I thought a patch that fixed bugs would be a good thing? Of course, that is if it really fixed things instead of making other things worse or requiring major re-coding of stuff.

And if this is the case then maybe some official PR-sponsored bug/issue DB would benefit PR devs/users in the long run?
the BF2 patches in the past have broken far more many things than they fix. Even today we are still having to cope with things EA broke in some of there very first patches that mean we can not make the SOFLAM work like it should etc.

if they acturly fixed the bugs, fixed the prone spam and fixed some modding areas i would be very, very pleased but i dont see it happening...

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
action, battlefield, patch