project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2007, 08:13 AM   #31
Atandon

A new patch?! I never knew there was anything else to break in BF2...

Despite this, something in my horrible conscience keeps on telling me that there may still be some hope- either that, or its way too late to save BF2. The game's already in the sand-pit and its going to be difficult to dig it out again. Something like Frontlines: Fuel of War is what BF2 could have been. Frontlines is being developed by Kaos Studios- the guys who made DC for 1942 and it seems a hell of alot better than BF2. There's even a VOIP system to communicate with driver and passenger- need I say more?

They are even thinking of having proper mod support- maybe the next PR 2.0, anyone? I mean, it seems to be a more stable and more accessible game than BF2, from what I've heard and read anyways. (There's an article about it somewhere on IGN)
Atandon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:29 AM   #32
mrmong
Banned

BF2 engine is poo >: (
mrmong is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:31 AM   #33
Mekstizzle

They should just open up the engine more and have less things hardcoded. That way the modders can make the game how they wanted to make it.

I think since v1.0 alot has been made good though, imagine if jump + shoot or dolphin diving + shooting hadn't been fixed, PR would suck balls if DICE didn't fix those "exploits" even though they broke so much other shit. Us realism goons have benifited abit from these patches, the best would be if they implemented sway/engine optimisations like they did for 2142. I'd treat them like gods if they did that!
Mekstizzle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:31 AM   #34
[R-MOD]Saobh
Forum Moderator

How about just telling them to put the engine in the public domain ?
- their coding errors can be corrected with no staff time to pay
- new features can be added as the people learn to how to optimize the engine.

But poor chance in that as the system works, they need a big influx of people buying the new games coming out, rather then the long trickle of people buying old ones.
Blame the business model
[R-MOD]Saobh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:52 AM   #35
[PTG]Chef_uk

Not gonna read the 4 pages.

There won't be another patch for BF2. Nuff said.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[PTG]Chef_uk is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
action, battlefield, patch