project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2007, 09:40 PM   #11
[-=IDSF=-]SykloAG

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddANGRYshot
With several large BF2 forums, each with their own problem/bug page along with the millions of complaints received over the phone and by email.. if EA/Dice dont know what the issues are they either:

1) Dont give a shit.
2) Dont know how to fix them.
3) Wont make anymore money out of BF2
Yeah... I guess you are right. Oh well...

I'd add number 4 though:

4) Don't get useful information/bug reports and instead are spammed with "we want this that or the other" and childish rants about how the m16 should have 5000 20mm rounds.

I disagree with no. 2 though. They built one hell of an engine. They *KNOW* how to fix their own code.

No. 1 & 3 are the most likely though, although I would rephrase 1 to "they don't give a shit about adding new stuff esp. when there is no money to be made".
[-=IDSF=-]SykloAG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:50 PM   #12
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [-=IDSF=-]SykloAG
I disagree with no. 2 though. They built one hell of an engine. They *KNOW* how to fix their own code.
infact that is untrue belive it or not.

DiCE Sweeden made BF2, and as soon as BF2 was shipped out they went onto making BF2142.

the people who have handeled the Patches and xpacks has been DiCE Canada, the same ppl who made BFV. There where not envloved with the development with BF2 much and this is why there patches normaly brake more stuff than they fix.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:12 PM   #13
lunchbox311

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino

DiCE Sweeden made BF2, and as soon as BF2 was shipped out they went onto making BF2142.

the people who have handeled the Patches and xpacks has been DiCE Canada, the same ppl who made BFV. There where not envloved with the development with BF2 much and this is why there patches normaly brake more stuff than they fix.

But DICE Canada is closed now. Perhaps since it will be back in swedens hands they can work it out?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everything should have the measurements of: Awesome X Kickass
in game name is lunchbox311
xfire is lunchbox311
lunchbox311 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:13 PM   #14
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

with this parch they are going to broke the code of the rally point , remember it
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:19 PM   #15
oddANGRYshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchbox311
But DICE Canada is closed now. Perhaps since it will be back in swedens hands they can work it out?
Dice sweden have only one thing on their mind....

BLING....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$...BLING

Patches and expansion packs for 2142...

And brainstorming for BF3.
oddANGRYshot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:20 PM   #16
[-=IDSF=-]SykloAG

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino

Ok... So DICE Sweden built one hell of an engine

Just because another dev team works on someone else's code does not mean the result will be crap. I've fixed bugs in programs by other programmers. Heck, thats how open-source works - and just look how stable Linux & Firefox are.

Sure, its ideal for the dev team that built something to work on bug fixes, but unless they release the source code to the PR dev team... BFV programmers should be able to handle fixing bugs in BF2 - what is essentially a evolution of the BFV Refractor 2 engine.

And quite often, (at least in projects I've worked in) looking at things from a different perspective (from the outside instead of from the inside) can bring fresh ideas and reveal problems not before noticed.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:27 PM   #17
Outlaw22
Retired Dev

Send a message via Skype™ to Outlaw22

Lets not be to hasty in our bad comments guys, you never know they MIGHT get it RIGHT this time, but there again I might be talking utter crap as well.

You can have my gun when you pry it from my paranoid,
mentally disturbed, physically-abusive, cold, dead hand.
LINKS:>>>
|
|
Outlaw22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:29 PM   #18
eddie
The [R-MOD]s' Poodle

You most certainly are. Have a star so I can be patronising.

eddie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:43 PM   #19
[-=IDSF=-]SykloAG

Red face Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]eddie
You most certainly are. Have a star so I can be patronising.
Whaaat? Sorry I did not understand. Is that some subtle British humor?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:54 PM   #20
oddANGRYshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by [-=IDSF=-]SykloAG
Whaaat? Sorry I did not understand. Is that some subtle British humor?
The British dont have a sense of humour, do they? Except for Benny Hill....
oddANGRYshot is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
action, battlefield, patch