project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2007, 08:35 PM   #1
npsxbox

Default can you play PR (or regular BF2) from a Mac?

my bro just got a Mac, and wants to play with me online, but he doesnt know if it will work. Will it?

Visit my animation website - Javanimation.com
npsxbox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:36 PM   #2
SteelRainFilms

Well I have seen Youtube Videos of BF2 running quite well on Mac's, so I would say yes, it should run fine.
SteelRainFilms is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:45 PM   #3
GeZe
PR Artwork Team

You need a copy Windows though. ( But I'm sure you can find a copy lying around on the internet somewhere

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GeZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:47 PM   #4
NavalLord

Send a message via AIM to NavalLord

If he has one of the newer Intel macs then all he has to do is install windows on it and he will be able to play. Macs are very good at handling two operating systems. It will only work with an Intel mac though.

NavalLord is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:50 PM   #5
A-10Warthog
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to A-10Warthog Send a message via MSN to A-10Warthog Send a message via Skype™ to A-10Warthog

i think a clan mate of mine has a mac, i will ask him and get back to u

A-10, EX PR Tester, Moderator, Public Relations.

from [R-DEV]CodeRedFox: "Fixing bugs creates more bugs"
A-10Warthog is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:53 PM   #6
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I have actually read that it runs quite well.

Cheers!
egg

eggman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:15 PM   #7
Cheeseman
Retired PR Developer

Yep, my friends got one them new Macbook Pro laptops with Windows Xp boot camp installed and he can play just about any game that meets his system requirements. The funny thing is that his got almost the same specs as me. (he payed more $$ though )

His Macbook Pro 15.4"------------Mine:
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33Ghz---------AMD Dual core 2.4Ghz
2GB of RAM----------------------2GB of RAM
ATi mobility X1600 256MB--------Ati X1600 512MB
and 200GB HDD------------------and 200GB HDD

He can run Battlefield 2 (with Project Reality) with all graphics settings maxed out.
On the plus side to paying more money, it takes less than 30 seconds for his lapy to shutdown, while it takes me more than a min.
Last edited by Cheeseman; 02-26-2007 at 09:23 PM..
Old 02-26-2007, 09:30 PM   #8
27BaLLs

One question:

why would you ever buy a mac?
27BaLLs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:45 PM   #9
Clypp

Send a message via AIM to Clypp Send a message via MSN to Clypp

No idea. Limited programs, higher price, if you want Windows on it even more money, totally non-modular, all exclusive progs have a better Windows or Linux equivalent, the list goes on.
Clypp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:15 PM   #10
NavalLord

Send a message via AIM to NavalLord

It's stable, reliable, less viruses, handles media better, did I mention the fact that it's stable? I have a mac and a pc. My mac has frozen up a few times, I went to force quit, closed the program that was causing the problems, and my computer was fine. With my pc, if it has a problem or something freezes up I can try ctrl+alt+del, half the time nothing happens. When the menu does come up, usually the program wont close. It almost always ends up with me having to restart my computer (that process itself takes about 5 min, where my mac can turn off and turn back on within a minute).

NavalLord is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bf2, mac, play, regular