project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2007, 12:23 AM   #21
coolhand

I own a mac. I'm not one of those Mac nerd fanboys with dark plastic rimmed glasses and emo hair. I have a PC too. All the 'doesn't crash', 'no virus' crap doesn't work on me anymore because I've seen it all. PC and MAC are about the same. I love my PC because it's cheap and is taken care of part by part. Lots of software for it, and games were specifically designed for it. Sure it crashes after 5 mos. of reformat, but I never let it rot that long anyway.

The only rason I got a Mac is because of work. When I'm on it, there are no tempting Dogtag icons to click on. OSX just feels like a 'work' environment to me so it keeps me concentrated and productive. In terms of ease of use, I find it easier than windows. (network barely fxup, keychain, entourage, drag/drop on anything) and makes me work much faster. It'll also crash time to time. Sometimes you get the forever running rainbow circle of death. Macs are not bad, but I hate the KB. I hate the apple, shift, control keys and how they try to be 'different' from PC shortcuts. Im a heavy shortcut user so sometimes, switching b/w both is heaving to relearn it over again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
coolhand is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:57 AM   #22
hoc_xfirestormx

macs arent my thing, but saying that they suck is definitely not correct. my brother has a mac and loves it. i have a pc and love it. i do a lot of photoshop work on it and theres really no difference between the two. mac just doesnt have right click, which is very irritating to me. but a lot of people have them and like them. i dont see how it matters. its like the ps2 vs xbox flamewars that i used to see on ign in regards to halo 2 and killzone. and both those games ended up sucking a**, so who cares? lol. buy whatever you want. ill shoot / be shot by a mac user or pc user, just play the game.
hoc_xfirestormx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:04 AM   #23
Fenix16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoc_xfirestormx
mac just doesnt have right click,
wow. Your brother must have a really old mac if it doesnt have a right click. Mighty mouse ftw.
Fenix16 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:11 AM   #24
NavalLord

Send a message via AIM to NavalLord

Or control click. Or you can use any usb or wireless mouse. They all work with macs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NavalLord is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:27 AM   #25
hoc_xfirestormx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix16
wow. Your brother must have a really old mac if it doesnt have a right click. Mighty mouse ftw.
oh, ive never used his, he lives quite far from me. its a laptop though. the last mac i used was a g4 and i remember being frustrated with the lack of right click. oh ive used mac books since then too and hate the touch pad / left click only. i mean i have a laptop but i got a plug in mouse.
hoc_xfirestormx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:39 AM   #26
^Scott^

I have both a PC which is my main computer and then my Macbook Pro laptop I use for school. Although that doesn't mean I won't play games on my Mac. I don't play games very often on it but I tested BF2142 out to see how it would run.

It is one model below the newest Macs they have out now which are Intel Core 2 Duos.

Apple Macbook Pro Intel Core Duo @ 2 GHz, 1.5 GB ram, ATI Mobility Radeon X1600

BF2142 @ 800 x 600, Medium Quality, ~40-60 FPS

Pics - http://scottd.dreamhosters.com/index.php?cat=36
Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UGamy4GBSY

During high action it is not as smooth as it could be but hey it is definitely playable. Plus I could turn it down to low and probably squeeze some more FPS out of it. I <3 my Mac though. OSX is great.
^Scott^ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:19 AM   #27
=*CLA*=StudMuffin21

No offense to anyone who is a MAC freak or just loves them. They are by far much better for video editing than PC's (from what I've heard). BUT! This video expresses from my experience the MAC parody.

BEHOLD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEvYETWVK6M

"Deadly as lightning, soft as a breeze, strike FAST, strike HARD........then return unseen."
=*CLA*=StudMuffin21 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:15 AM   #28
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via AIM to RikiRude Send a message via MSN to RikiRude

The way I see it is Macs make better laptops and PCs make better desktops. Macs for laptops because they have everything right there in them. PC because you can make a good one for cheap. I've used Macs in my visual communications class for about 2 years using photoshop and stuff, but i hate having to hold down the apple button to do stuff (G5s I think).

Proud n00b tub3r of 5 spam bots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]2Slick4U
That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.
RikiRude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:36 AM   #29
Batalla35
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Batalla35

I have been playing PR the last two months on my Macbook Pro and its runs great, everything works include teamspeak..but the only thing its that my voice doesnt seem to be very loud.......If you have any question....???? ...I bought also a microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse(with right click), and I m able of use torrents, with Mac with bootcamp you have the best of both worlds

batalla35
Batalla35 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:01 PM   #30
Fenix16

Quote:
Originally Posted by =*CLA*=StudMuffin21
I dont get it. Most of that stuff isnt even really that easy to do, yet he claims to be able to mess up system files while using the software updater (although this is a parady so I guess not everything is necissarily true). My favorite part is when he starts complaining about cds running themselves after you put them in the disc tray. Mainly because windows came out with autorun before macs did.
Fenix16 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bf2, mac, play, regular