project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2007, 10:39 PM   #11
Cheeseman
Retired PR Developer

Cheeseman's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavalLord
It's stable, reliable, less viruses, handles media better, did I mention the fact that it's stable? I have a mac and a pc. My mac has frozen up a few times, I went to force quit, closed the program that was causing the problems, and my computer was fine. With my pc, if it has a problem or something freezes up I can try ctrl+alt+del, half the time nothing happens. When the menu does come up, usually the program wont close. It almost always ends up with me having to restart my computer (that process itself takes about 5 min, where my mac can turn off and turn back on within a minute).
I'm SO sick of the "No Virus" excuse. Why do you think there are no viruses for Mac's? BECAUSE SO LITTLE PEOPLE USE MAC'S AND THERE IS NO POINT IN MAKING A VIRUS FOR A MINORITY OPERATING SYSTEM, BECAUSE MAC'S ARE NOT USED TO PERFORM THE SAME EXTEND OF WORK EXPECTED FROM PC'S, AND YOU CAN'T EVEN DOWNLOAD TORRENTS OR ANY OTHER KINDA SOFTWARE FOR MAC'S WHICH WOULD HEIGHTEN THE RISK OF VIRUS AND OR ADWARE.
Mac's are stylish and look good I'll give them that, but its not worth the amount money Apple's charging.
Cheeseman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:42 PM   #12
NavalLord

NavalLord's Avatar
Send a message via AIM to NavalLord
Default

Yea, thanks for reading the other points. And I'm glad you know so much about macs, like not downloading torrents. You're a real whiz with macs, you obviously use them all the time. [/sarcasm]

I think a mod should lock this. The question has been answered and this will only turn into a Mac vs PC flame war.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NavalLord is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:50 PM   #13
Cheeseman
Retired PR Developer

Cheeseman's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavalLord
Yea, thanks for reading the other points. And I'm glad you know so much about macs, like not downloading torrents. You're a real whiz with macs, you obviously use them all the time. [/sarcasm]

I think a mod should lock this. The question has been answered and this will only turn into a Mac vs PC flame war.
Don't get me wrong, I love Mac's they look great, they're built solid(tough), and are equipped with a lot of useful gadgets(integraded Camera, Bluetooth, etc), but if they weren't so pricy I would all out go for Mac's myself.
Cheeseman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:57 PM   #14
Topf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseman
I'm SO sick of the "No Virus" excuse. Why do you think there are no viruses for Mac's? BECAUSE SO LITTLE PEOPLE USE MAC'S AND THERE IS NO POINT IN MAKING A VIRUS FOR A MINORITY OPERATING SYSTEM, BECAUSE MAC'S ARE NOT USED TO PERFORM THE SAME EXTEND OF WORK EXPECTED FROM PC'S, AND YOU CAN'T EVEN DOWNLOAD TORRENTS OR ANY OTHER KINDA SOFTWARE FOR MAC'S WHICH WOULD HEIGHTEN THE RISK OF VIRUS AND OR ADWARE.
Mac's are stylish and look good I'll give them that, but its not worth the amount money Apple's charging.
Thats not correct. If this was the point, people would write a lot more virusses for MAC and Linux, as those are used primarily in companys and servers. This would cause way more problems.
As both are very difficult to attack, the majority of virusses aim for private-pcs, Windows in other words.

Since when is Mac OS not able to use torrent?

Isn`t one guy from the forums staff running a Mac?
My old mac (performa 75-75mhz, 16mbram) is not able too.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


!! Recruiting german players !!
Help, the quartermaster has fallen in love with me and wants to make me drunk!
"how about a whisky"
Topf is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:47 PM   #15
[PR]AC3421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavalLord
It's stable, reliable, less viruses, handles media better, did I mention the fact that it's stable? I have a mac and a pc. My mac has frozen up a few times, I went to force quit, closed the program that was causing the problems, and my computer was fine. With my pc, if it has a problem or something freezes up I can try ctrl+alt+del, half the time nothing happens. When the menu does come up, usually the program wont close. It almost always ends up with me having to restart my computer (that process itself takes about 5 min, where my mac can turn off and turn back on within a minute).

5 minutes?? Holy crap get a new computer or upgrade the one you have. If its a decent system already then something is wrong. My system boots in about 35 sec. to the login screen.
[PR]AC3421 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:50 PM   #16
[PR]AC3421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseman
I'm SO sick of the "No Virus" excuse. Why do you think there are no viruses for Mac's? BECAUSE SO LITTLE PEOPLE USE MAC'S AND THERE IS NO POINT IN MAKING A VIRUS FOR A MINORITY OPERATING SYSTEM, BECAUSE MAC'S ARE NOT USED TO PERFORM THE SAME EXTEND OF WORK EXPECTED FROM PC'S, AND YOU CAN'T EVEN DOWNLOAD TORRENTS OR ANY OTHER KINDA SOFTWARE FOR MAC'S WHICH WOULD HEIGHTEN THE RISK OF VIRUS AND OR ADWARE.
Mac's are stylish and look good I'll give them that, but its not worth the amount money Apple's charging.

Actually most large companies have completely made the switch to MAC computers. Especially Visual studies, Movie Company's and Video game developers. (That doesn't mean they have to develop a game to work on a mac) They are very friendly to the visual artists and special effects departments.

Also, was the ALL CAPS REALLY NEEDED TO GET YOUR POINT ACROSS??? hehe
[PR]AC3421 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:56 PM   #17
Clypp

Clypp's Avatar
Send a message via AIM to Clypp Send a message via MSN to Clypp
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavalLord
It's stable, reliable, less viruses, handles media better, did I mention the fact that it's stable? I have a mac and a pc. My mac has frozen up a few times, I went to force quit, closed the program that was causing the problems, and my computer was fine. With my pc, if it has a problem or something freezes up I can try ctrl+alt+del, half the time nothing happens. When the menu does come up, usually the program wont close. It almost always ends up with me having to restart my computer (that process itself takes about 5 min, where my mac can turn off and turn back on within a minute).
Linux does all that even better plus: it's free and runs on any hardware. Some software needs to be run through a Windows shell though but Macs are in the same boat there.
Clypp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:03 AM   #18
Clypp

Clypp's Avatar
Send a message via AIM to Clypp Send a message via MSN to Clypp
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [PR]AC3421
Actually most large companies have completely made the switch to MAC computers. Especially Visual studies, Movie Company's and Video game developers. (That doesn't mean they have to develop a game to work on a mac) They are very friendly to the visual artists and special effects departments.
Most? Surely you must be joking. Except for some photoshop and video-editing firms few are using Macs. Videogames are programmed in *nix or windows typically.
Clypp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:10 AM   #19
Fenix16

Fenix16's Avatar
Default

All the hate on this forum makes me almost not want to post this. But I run PR on a mac, lol. It works like a charm if you have a mac with the intel core duo. Otherwise you have to run bootcamp actively through mac which slows pretty much everything down.

For whoever said that Mac OS cant use torrents, they can, i dont know how you got that mixed up.
And I really dont want to get into this flaming war of impending doom but I just want to say one thing in response to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clypp
No idea. Limited programs, higher price, if you want Windows on it even more money, totally non-modular, all exclusive progs have a better Windows or Linux equivalent, the list goes on.
Once again I dont want to get too into this, but running windows on a mac costs no more than running windows on a standard pc. Boot camp is free. Onlything that costs money is the OS which you have to purchase regardless of what type of comp your using. And if Macs OSX is so bad, why is vista almost the same thing but with different names?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Clypp
Most? Surely you must be joking. Except for some photoshop and video-editing firms few are using Macs. Videogames are programmed in *nix or windows typically.
ok I have to reply to this too as it was just posted. Programming isnt all that goes into game production. 90% of the 3d modeling and graphics work done in the modern world in game and movie production is done on macs. Dont believe me? Head over to EA or Pixar. Save a few personal desktops/laptops, all that you will find in there are Mac Pros updated with the latest hardware. Sure, most games are programmed in *nix or windows, that doesnt mean that their using a Unix or windows machine to do it.
Fenix16 is offline
Last edited by Fenix16; 02-27-2007 at 12:16 AM..
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:11 AM   #20
Cravixon
Default

I question the sexuality of those that own a Mac.

My experience with Macs is mostly for interactive media in German studies and for experiment and analysis in physics.

These Macs were hard to use, the programs were not user friendly at all, and crashed often, or just froze or lagged for no reason.
Cravixon is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
bf2, mac, play, regular
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:42 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2014, Project Reality.