project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2017, 12:23 PM   #1
moses_rap_cats
Default PPSh-41 not good

It should have higher damage. I know it is for balancing but isnt this project reality?
7.62x25 tokarev is a powerful round. It has velocity up to 500 m/s, achieving up to 700 Joules of energy. Citing wikipedia :
The cartridge is in principle an enhanced Russian version of the 7.63×25mm Mauser. The Russians produced a wide array of loadings for this cartridge for use in submachine guns. These include armor-piercing, tracer, and incendiary rounds. This cartridge has excellent penetration and can easily defeat lighter ballistic vests (NIJ level I and IIA) as well as some kevlar helmets, such as the American PASGT helmet. When fired from a carbine-length barrel the cartridge may penetrate NIJ level II, but is readily stopped by the current standard armor NIJ level IIIA.

Also, ammount of ammunition you can carry. If i can carry 300 7.62x51 nato rounds for heavy lmg weighing 7.5 Kilograms, why cant i carry more than 2 ppsh drum magazines, weighing 3.64 kilograms?
moses_rap_cats is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:49 AM   #2
Jack_Howitzer
Default Re: PPSh-41 not good

This gun could use a buff. Against bodyarmored targets (which you are up against always), it's pretty ineffective. IRL it's a really heavy weapon (5.3 kg full) so the recoil in PR is too uncontrollable as it only fires pistol cartridge. It's not even that good on short ranges (especially compared to MP5) when it should be, as it's an SMG so it will never be used to longer ranges. Very often you fail to kill enemies in a head-to-head situation even if you manage to to hit them with decent burst as you require like 5-7 hits to kill enemy and they can hit you twice with rifle to kill you.

Also like stated, I think the ammo count should be upped as PPsH goes through magazines quickly and the small cartridge isn't that heavy compared to MG ammo.
Jack_Howitzer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 06:51 PM   #3
X-Alt

7.62x25 can't defeat Level IIIA body armor just like 9x19 or similar cartridges can't. It also doesn't cause as much damage as the latter. 4.6x30 also doesn't causes even less damage, and that's fine by me. The End.
X-Alt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 08:53 PM   #4
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Alt View Post
7.62x25 can't defeat Level IIIA body armor just like 9x19 or similar cartridges can't. It also doesn't cause as much damage as the latter. 4.6x30 also doesn't causes even less damage, and that's fine by me. The End.
Remember that magical patch where guns were realistic? It was garbage.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:02 PM   #5
Matrox
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
Remember that magical patch where guns were realistic? It was garbage.
I didn't think you were able to play on servers as you were banned for hacking? So interested to hear where your feedback is coming from?

If you can find the four ninjas in my post, pm me to find out the prize....

Soalic: Because Microsoft Word makes really good pictures.
Matrox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:44 AM   #6
[R-DEV]AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrox View Post
I didn't think you were able to play on servers as you were banned for hacking? So interested to hear where your feedback is coming from?
The forums. Everybody hated the Zwilling patch and it was reverted. Full realism never works.
[R-DEV]AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:12 AM   #7
Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AlonTavor View Post
The forums. Everybody hated the Zwilling patch and it was reverted. Full realism never works.
Only 50 people complained btw xD
Vista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:40 AM   #8
Filamu
Supporting Member

I enjoyed parts of it. I really enjoyed shooting, and people easily going down. Also the long range effects. But it didn't feel great going down to one shot either. And things like shotguns being nerfed was good too.
Filamu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:58 AM   #9
Allahu Akbar

You have 71 rounds of it at 900rpm.

It is, however, a very controllable smg in real life; thus it should not have any more recoil than Mp5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AlonTavor View Post
No, the problem was that it was NOT full realism; it was a heavily flawed execution of an otherwise somewhat sensible system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
Only 50 people complained btw xD
Even less people liked Battlefailed4 type "balancing" so there's that.
Last edited by Allahu Akbar; 12-30-2017 at 11:08 AM..
Old 12-30-2017, 01:17 PM   #10
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrox View Post
Another DEV who never knew how to play his own game comes out of his cave to troll xD

But you're right, people were just agreeing for 52 pages about how great the change was xD
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
good, ppsh41