project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
15 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2017, 09:08 AM   #31
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: 1 server per timezone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicca View Post
Yes. We should find a way to get these videos very popular. Potentially get gifs and such aswell.
Well since bluedrake broke the search algorithm for PR I spent a week or so figuring out the common tags on all PR youtube videos for myself. I'll make a post later with the info.

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:50 AM   #32
Psyko

make a GO Fund Me to pay for an advertisement campaign?
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:19 PM   #33
sunshine2241991

Quote:
Originally Posted by SucharMistrz View Post
While installing PR they should realise PR =/= COD and they are not allowed to do whatever they want.
life is not working that way .... just so you know

-----------Ghost-------------

My sh1t Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJy..._a12QV_qaarCcQ
My Sh1tty Mixtapes : https://soundcloud.com/ghostidd
sunshine2241991 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:24 PM   #34
SucharMistrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine2241991 View Post
life is not working that way .... just so you know
Im gonna show ya something

SucharMistrz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:24 PM   #35
Jack_Howitzer
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickLoad View Post
Many games suffer from this, TF2 is the first one that comes to mind:

TF2 going F2P:
Good for TF2: More players, basically infinite players since this game is now free and has infinite, free copies.
Bad for TF2: New players, shittier skill sets, less coordination and less teamwork, more hackers.

overall I would call it a pro though, since those players will eventually become 'veteran' players or whatever the term is. obviously this will be a little bit off-putting to the 'veteran' players, but they will get over it.(or not!)

New players after 1.0 will never become ''veteran'' in the same sense that current vets. They haven't played PR when it was punishing and unforgiving. They have only played PR in the era of consolation awards in which DEVs and communities have made everything they can to make it easier for new players instead of letting them figure out things themselves. That's why they will never become truly good players as there is always someone to help them out, instead of them helping themselves.

Let me give you some examples. Back in the old days:

-No admins online usually, thus no balancing -> worse team would get raped until they got better
-Up till 0.9 or so, no TOWs, and tanks were immune to LAT -> lose your armor and HATs -> your team gets well and truly raped
-CAS overall a lot better asset
-DEVs not really listening feedback to make game easier -> if you get steamrolled, gitgud
-HATs, LATs required a lot more coordination and skill to achieve hits
-No rush rule, not even base rape rule on all servers
-Revive timer 1-2 minutes, no waiting for medic for 5 mins
-Deviation was terrible on some patches

Right now:

-DEVs to bail out shit players by making game easier for newcomers
-Admins always balancing teams after shit team being shit -> they will never learn
-Easy mode LAT & HAT
-Easy mode AAs
-Wide variety of effective anti-asset weapons (TOWs, FOB AAs, MANPADS, HATs, LATs, CE kit etc.)
-Rulesets to ban effective tactics (roadkilling, rushing, ''asset whoring'' etc.)

Overall modern PR gives incompetent players' a safe space were they can be incompetent and not have to become better. They will never become good if they don't get steamrolled time after time until they find the initiative to start developing their skills.
Jack_Howitzer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:33 PM   #36
sunshine2241991

Quote:
Originally Posted by SucharMistrz View Post
Im gonna show ya something

i really worried about how naive you are .
i reinstalled pr and about thousand games and i never read the popup messages i just know where to click so i can finish quick with installation . i dont think normal humans read what ever installation say they just clicknext next

-----------Ghost-------------

My sh1t Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJy..._a12QV_qaarCcQ
My Sh1tty Mixtapes : https://soundcloud.com/ghostidd
sunshine2241991 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:38 PM   #37
Wicca
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Howitzer View Post
New players after 1.0 will never become ''veteran'' in the same sense that current vets. They haven't played PR when it was punishing and unforgiving. They have only played PR in the era of consolation awards in which DEVs and communities have made everything they can to make it easier for new players instead of letting them figure out things themselves. That's why they will never become truly good players as there is always someone to help them out, instead of them helping themselves.

Let me give you some examples. Back in the old days:

-No admins online usually, thus no balancing -> worse team would get raped until they got better
-Up till 0.9 or so, no TOWs, and tanks were immune to LAT -> lose your armor and HATs -> your team gets well and truly raped
-CAS overall a lot better asset
-DEVs not really listening feedback to make game easier -> if you get steamrolled, gitgud
-HATs, LATs required a lot more coordination and skill to achieve hits
-No rush rule, not even base rape rule on all servers
-Revive timer 1-2 minutes, no waiting for medic for 5 mins
-Deviation was terrible on some patches

Right now:

-DEVs to bail out shit players by making game easier for newcomers
-Admins always balancing teams after shit team being shit -> they will never learn
-Easy mode LAT & HAT
-Easy mode AAs
-Wide variety of effective anti-asset weapons (TOWs, FOB AAs, MANPADS, HATs, LATs, CE kit etc.)
-Rulesets to ban effective tactics (roadkilling, rushing, ''asset whoring'' etc.)

Overall modern PR gives incompetent players' a safe space were they can be incompetent and not have to become better. They will never become good if they don't get steamrolled time after time until they find the initiative to start developing their skills.
Holy crap this is just so wrong on so many levels... I simply can't beleive your argument is "Git gud". HAHAHAHA

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 03:01 PM   #38
Jack_Howitzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicca View Post
Holy crap this is just so wrong on so many levels... I simply can't beleive your argument is "Git gud". HAHAHAHA
That's how I learnt. I got killed time after time in my early days until I started to play better and avoiding mistakes.

gitgud is the best advice you can give to new players. For every mistake, there is always a solution. And when you find solutions to mistakes and do better next time, you will end up being good player. Switching good players to worse side to help them out is not gonna cure the problem.

If you play this game with a mindset that you don't do mistakes and there are no solutions for mistakes, you will never develop into a better players.
Jack_Howitzer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 03:55 PM   #39
Wicca
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Howitzer View Post
That's how I learnt. I got killed time after time in my early days until I started to play better and avoiding mistakes.

gitgud is the best advice you can give to new players. For every mistake, there is always a solution. And when you find solutions to mistakes and do better next time, you will end up being good player. Switching good players to worse side to help them out is not gonna cure the problem.

If you play this game with a mindset that you don't do mistakes and there are no solutions for mistakes, you will never develop into a better players.
What... ?

Anyway, on the topic of making videos, what should the short and sweet clip be like. Are there any examples of short PR videos like less than 30 seconds?

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:54 PM   #40
PatrickLA_CA

IMO the video should be focused on the really good and unique parts of PR. Combined arms, infantry working with vehicles. There shouldn't be much smoke/explosion/vegetation visible as it isn't the best looking and might immediately send someone away.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
server, timezone