project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
17 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2017, 06:57 AM   #1
QuickLoad

Default Performing under stress of combat

I noticed that a lot of people freeze up when it's crucial to push, I understand it may seem stupid to run into a hail of bullets and out from your psuedo cover(or concealment). 'think on the fly'

It's really situational so let me just say that it's a big broad statement, but this is less on PR itself(where you go from cover to cover and it's generally one squad versus another squad) and a bit more on PRWW2 or similar scenarios found in PR. Like when everyone's landed on the beach, a lot of people hunker down but I find it counter productive and more productive to instead either run at the wall or seemingly 'waltz' around(standing in the open for several seconds taking fire)-

I find this most efficient with the mentality of "I'm dead already!", and thus leads me into doing 'stupid' decisions such as standing up in the middle of snap-cracks and throwing down a FOB on the beach; or something as simple(and closer to regular, modern PR) as having everyone break contact to make good progress towards an objective instead of being stuck in a firefight for some 15+ minutes(aka bypass & haul ass).

At the same time, this can get you killed and end up having no SL because he was a cocky idiot who decided to try and get things done while crossing his fingers.

So, what's your mindset(s)/tactics on being combat efficient in PR? share your experiences
Last edited by QuickLoad; 11-30-2017 at 07:04 AM..
Old 11-30-2017, 07:15 AM   #2
Wicca
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Default re: Performing under stress of combat

The whole concept of already being dead in PR, and doing stupid shit is relatable. Although I don't relate to this notion that i'm already dead, just that I do stupid shit.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is online now Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:27 AM   #3
parch

Default re: Performing under stress of combat

jsut remember it's a vidya gaem

parch is online now Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:37 PM   #4
Murphy

Default Re: Performing under stress of combat

These things are all good in retrospect, but recognizing an opportunity when it has presented itself isn't something you can will into happening, you have to be patient and what you're talking about isn't patience...seems more like dumb luck helping you fluke your way to victory.

You can crucify me for saying this but you need to get kills before you can advance, kills are what allows a squad/asset to secure a flag. So focus on destroying your enemy and the rest usually falls into place.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:35 PM   #5
Lugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
You can crucify me for saying this but you need to get kills before you can advance, kills are what allows a squad/asset to secure a flag. So focus on destroying your enemy and the rest usually falls into place.
I dont think anyone playing this game is deluded enough to deny it
Lugi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 03:51 AM   #6
Fuller
PR Server License Moderator

There are A LOT of things to consider when you are in combat with your squad.
Things like armour/cas/mortar support, supply, reinforcements, terrain, player skill,momentum,
squad cohesion,map/flag layout,...
If you take all that stuff into consideration you will be very effective in combat.
The good thing is that you can train almost everthing quite easily. Watch replays/br files; fly over the maps with
prbot3 and scan for good fob locations; write down how long it takes to deploy to certain locations with certain assets and so on.

Fuller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:20 AM   #7
saXoni
Supporting Member

If you're in a certain situation where pushing through enemy fire is necessary then sure, but don't run around like a retard because you think you're Speirs. You're not already dead, and you should make it your goal not to die.

Kill as much as possible and die as little as possible. People don't seem to give a fuck about dying these days, which is very unfortunate.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:48 AM   #8
assetruler69
PR Server License Administrator

You got hit hard. You take cover. You fall back. You regroup. You flank.

MacArthur and Stalin are proud of those who are pushing no matter what.
assetruler69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:00 AM   #9
Lugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by assetruler69 View Post
You got hit hard. You take cover. You fall back. You regroup. You flank.
Maybe in some other game. In pr as infantry 95% of the time you just get your squad wiped out 1 by 1.
Lugi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:02 PM   #10
assetruler69
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugi View Post
Maybe in some other game. In pr as infantry 95% of the time you just get your squad wiped out 1 by 1.
It's because you don't fall back. It can be seen really often. Squad gets in a fight which it can't win. They get stuck. They lose any ability to maneuver. They all die.

Like... this is one of the ye olde tips from loading screen: "Call retreats early" or something like that. This is has to be the first verse in the squadleader bible.
Last edited by assetruler69; 12-11-2017 at 03:17 AM..

Tags
combat, performing, preforming, stress