project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
17 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2017, 11:59 AM   #31
Mostacho
Default Re: CAS not affecting gameplay.(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AlonTavor View Post
Completely and absolutely disagree.
You have every right to

I know it sounds a bit extreme bud replacing jets with something else to fill the air support role would improve the overall gameplay for everyone except those whose like them.

I would pick gameplay over realism anyday, but still, air-to-air combat is one of the most unrealistic things in the game and even so gameplay wise is horrible, completely random and bugged.

But what bothers me the most is that your whole team depend on 1-2 guys,who do not always know what they are doing, but are the only ones that like flying, and if they happen to lose the dogfights your ground forces are left almost helpless, because all anti-aircrafts are often inefficient against jets and easily countered which makes it difficult to keep control of even a small airspace.

Even though there are very few people who fly, air assets ends up consuming many of the possibilities that could be worked on, regarding the maps layouts and game mechanics.

Having a ratio of 1 jet for 2 tanks for 16 inf on a 4km map is a bit to much for me. When it's not worse, no wonder why falklands became one of the most unpopular maps of the game.
Mostacho is offline
Last edited by Mostacho; 10-24-2017 at 01:40 PM..
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:00 PM   #32
SShadowFox

SShadowFox's Avatar
Default Re: CAS not affecting gameplay.(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostacho View Post
no wonder why falklands became one of the most unpopular maps of the game.
Falklands actually has more people playing infantry than other maps such as Kashan (as Rhino makes sure to remind anyone that mentions this). In my opinion people don't like Falklands precisely because there's more infantry and there's too many asset whores in our community.


[R-DEV]Spec:The suggestion is not accepted, I merely wanted to comment.
SShadowFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:02 PM   #33
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

FFG's Avatar
Default Re: CAS not affecting gameplay.(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostacho View Post
I know it sounds a bit extreme bud replacing jets with something else to fill the air support role would improve the overall gameplay for everyone except those whose like them.
Overall CAS is the Ultimate "Balancer" on maps. I've seen complete steam roll Kashan rounds been turned around by coordinated SLs and CAS squads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostacho View Post
I would pick gameplay over realism anyday, but still, air-to-air combat is one of the most unrealistic things in the game and even so gameplay wise is horrible, completely random and bugged.
Yeah, Jet combat is a bit random, But would you rather we go back to the days where MiG-29 beat everything in ever situation?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostacho View Post
But what bothers me the most is that your whole team depend on 1-2 guys,who do not always know what they are doing, but are the only ones that like flying, and if they happen to lose the dogfights your ground forces are left almost helpless, because all anti-aircrafts are often inefficient against jets and easily countered which makes it difficult to keep control of even a small airspace.
Thats not even true, You have Anti-Air Vehicles, AA kits, and AA emplacements all with the same Anti-Air missiles that the jets do, They have a skill curve to them, but are really strong and can take out CAS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostacho View Post
Even though there are very few people who fly, air assets ends up consuming many of the possibilities that could be worked on, regarding the maps layouts and game mechanics.
Like what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostacho View Post
Having a ratio of 1 jet for 2 tanks for 16 inf on a 4km map is a bit to much for me. When it's not worse, no wonder why falklands became one of the most unpopular maps of the game.
Not even the case, Falklands is still played more often the other maps in PR.

FFG is online now Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:07 PM   #34
blayas

blayas's Avatar
Default Re: CAS not affecting gameplay.(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShadowFox View Post
Falklands actually has more people playing infantry than other maps such as Kashan. In my opinion people don't like Falklands precisely because there's more infantry and there's too many asset whores in our community.
It is one of the maps with greater strategic depth, that by its useful area of combat and great distance of vision, it enables to conditions unpalatable in other maps, one of the most interesting maps for the use of combined arms (soon with frigate) , ´´unpopular`` only for a certain group of players who can only like 2 or 3 maps of the game ...
blayas is offline
Last edited by blayas; 10-24-2017 at 02:41 PM..
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:12 PM   #35
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

FFG's Avatar
Default Re: CAS not affecting gameplay.(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShadowFox View Post
In my opinion people don't like Falklands precisely because there's more infantry and there's too many asset whores in our community.
You make it sound like Asset whores are the anti christ. Would you rather brain dead players who can't tell friend from foe who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn? What your saying is you dislike people who actually got good at a video game and have an ounce of skill in vehicles.

FFG is online now Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:44 PM   #36
Mostacho
Default Re: CAS not affecting gameplay.(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
Overall CAS is the Ultimate "Balancer" on maps. I've seen complete steam roll Kashan rounds been turned around by coordinated SLs and CAS squads.
That is what i call air support, i think it's cool mechanic,even encouraged to be kept some way different, i just do not like it the way it is provided by jets
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
Yeah, Jet combat is a bit random, But would you rather we go back to the days where MiG-29 beat everything in ever situation?!?!
Hell no, as much i dont like it now it was worse before, also what I wrote has nothing to do with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
Thats not even true, You have Anti-Air Vehicles, AA kits, and AA emplacements all with the same Anti-Air missiles that the jets do, They have a skill curve to them, but are really strong and can take out CAS.
Yeah you do have then, what i said is that they are not that great and can be easily countered
This guy explained it better
Quote:
Originally Posted by blayas View Post
For any change in this sense it is necessary to remember how the AAv's are portrayed in the PR. While the cas can simply lock and shoot laser, the AAvs:
- The only method of search is visual even for those vehicles that have search radars like tunguska and type 95.
- Engaging with guns is done manually even for all AAvs who have radars for fire control like shilka, m163, tunguska, type
- IR missiles have a locking tone even if they are passive sensors.
- Some Saclos AAvs do not have missiles with agility sufficient to engage jets and neither IFF, like the stormer.
- No AAv in PR can effectively deny air space once something is lased at the best of hypotheses there will be a trade-off between a vehicle and the CAS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
Like what?
Just different layouts and oposing factions other than CAS based, there is the alternative layouts, but I do not like the composition some have, I even think the STD layout is better in some cases, and the ones I like I do not get much the opportunity to play because most adms traditionally just set the STD layout. It is just my personal opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
Not even the case, Falklands is still played more often the other maps in PR.
I wish i had the good impression on falklands as some people raleted here, bud every time i played it, was a major CAS clusterfuck with 1/5 or more of the team flying around, while the rest of the infantry struggled to move aorund in such a big map. you are free to like it, and maybe in the server you play at is more popular than other maps, bud i still dare to afirm that Falklands is still "one of the most unpopular maps of the game" even were you play at

I do not like to criticize, and i really appreciate the work that developers put into the game, and damn it,falkslands must have taken a lot of work, as well as so many other things that the DEVs do. But I still think that there's so much more interresting things to be improved.

Maybe aerial combat just does not fit well with the engine the game runs on, maybe it really is not worth being the focus of things.
Mostacho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:50 PM   #37
DogACTUAL

DogACTUAL's Avatar
Default Re: CAS not affecting gameplay.(?)

Main combat area on falklands is just as big as on a regular assetmap. Jets picking off infantry is only easy if the infantry sits on superfobs, if they stay mobile it is very hard to spot them from above. Best to just have a few people on the FOBs manning the emplacements while the rest is moving or spread out over the objective defending.

Commander JDAM instead of jets would be too OP if called in multiple times per round as there is no defense against it. FOBs could do nothing to prevent getting hit. That's why the area attack has a 30min loading phase.

On the other hand if JDAM would have a long loading phase it would be useless to repel armour steamrolling.
Player controlled jets are still the best thing because they can drop munitions with a higher frequency but can also be countered effectively by AA.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:18 PM   #38
SShadowFox

SShadowFox's Avatar
Default Re: CAS not affecting gameplay.(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
You make it sound like Asset whores are the anti christ. Would you rather brain dead players who can't tell friend from foe who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn? What your saying is you dislike people who actually got good at a video game and have an ounce of skill in vehicles.
I do have I problem with that. If you're good in the asset then by all means go take it, that's not the problem. The problem is people that will consistently vote for maps that have lots of assets in them because apparently they got so good at assets that they forgot to get good at everything else.


[R-DEV]Spec:The suggestion is not accepted, I merely wanted to comment.
SShadowFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:15 PM   #39
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

FFG's Avatar
Default Re: CAS not affecting gameplay.(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShadowFox View Post
I do have I problem with that. If you're good in the asset then by all means go take it, that's not the problem. The problem is people that will consistently vote for maps that have lots of assets in them because apparently they got so good at assets that they forgot to get good at everything else.
Thats not just asset whores, thats the community as a whole, admins put up bias mapvotes. Its not really an issue with CAS or Asset whores.

FFG is online now Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 05:33 PM   #40
DogACTUAL

DogACTUAL's Avatar
Default Re: CAS not affecting gameplay.(?)

How will flares get adjusted in the next update?
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
affecting, cas, gameplay
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:26 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2015, Project Reality.