project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
17 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2017, 05:52 PM   #21
Fuller
PR Server License Moderator
Default Re: CAS not affecting gameplay.(?)

@fecht niko
You can usually take one of the AA vehicles with you even on maps with 3 tanks (3x2 players + 1x2 players).
That prevents CAS from attacking you or atleast you will trade a tank for a CAS jet.

Helicopter CAS is a whole different story (you were refering to Muttrah) it became so bad that the only thing preventing you from dying is an uncoordinated enemy team -.-

Fuller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:02 AM   #22
DefineHuman

Yeah I don't see how that laser targeting change is a Nerf. It exposes you more but it'll make targeting way more accurate.

Just a question though. Is the targeting range increase for the jet or the GTLD? As in will jets be able to pick up lazes without diving? What's the max range gonna be?

Look forward to this anyway, sounds dope.
DefineHuman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:59 AM   #23
[R-DEV]AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer

Range is map dependant. Not changed.
[R-DEV]AlonTavor is online now Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:39 AM   #24
bahiakof

The nerf for CAS pilots is the vertical fog.

Can any DEV tell me the maximum vertical visibility on 4 km maps? And what is the maximum range of antiaircraft missiles?

bahiakof is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:45 AM   #25
Frontliner
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahiakof View Post

Can any DEV tell me the maximum vertical visibility on 4 km maps? And what is the maximum range of antiaircraft missiles?
Unless I'm wrong I don't think there is a "vertical" visibility. VD is set to X meters surrounding the character model in a sphere.

If memory serves the highest VD outside of Falklands is 1.3km and the missiles are supposed to match your vision range.

ArkUTD: Do note this issue was resolved by the admin team and mats, thus this was closed
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: that's like 5% holocaust there
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:49 AM   #26
Lugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
Unless I'm wrong I don't think there is a "vertical" visibility. VD is set to X meters surrounding the character model in a sphere.
Actually not in a sphere, in a cube.
Lugi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:00 AM   #27
blayas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahiakof View Post

For any change in this sense it is necessary to remember how the AAv's are portrayed in the PR. While the cas can simply lock and shoot laser, the AAvs:

- The only method of search is visual even for those vehicles that have search radars like tunguska and type 95.
- Engaging with guns is done manually even for all AAvs who have radars for fire control like shilka, m163, tunguska, type
- IR missiles have a locking tone even if they are passive sensors.
- Some Saclos AAvs do not have missiles with agility sufficient to engage jets and neither IFF, like the stormer.
- No AAv in PR can effectively deny air space once something is lased at the best of hypotheses there will be a trade-off between a vehicle and the CAS.
blayas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:29 PM   #28
DogACTUAL

On most maps AA range is entirely dependent on view distance.

If the default detection range of the AA is greater than the view distance of a given map, then usually on that specific map the effective detection range is restricted to view distance+one third of view distance (close approximation).
This is the same case for lases. So for example on a 900m view distance map the detection range of a normal AA emplacement (1500m default range) and lases would be around 1200m.

There are a few exceptions, for example kashan has all the detection ranges set to its real view distance, 1km.

Without view distance restrictions, they have following detection ranges:

Jet short range missile(infrared): 700m

Jet medium range missile (radar): 2km

R.530 (MirageIIIEA): 1000m

All AA emplacements (infrared): 1500m

Avenger, Type95, Fennek SWP : 1500m

2K22, Gopher :3km+ (possibly more)

Laser guided weapons (LGB,LGM): 3km+ (possibly more)
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:41 PM   #29
Mostacho

From my standpoint,

Jets in PR only exists for the sake of having them in the game, because they look cool and there is a public for it

They don't do any good for gameplay, immersion.... anything

Jets could be easily replaced by a commander called in JDAM strikes, or something similar to be used against MBTs

Or replaced by attack helicopters, which are great, fun to fly and gun, effective as hell when there is teamwork and can be fairly countered
Mostacho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:37 AM   #30
[R-DEV]AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostacho View Post
From my standpoint,

Jets in PR only exists for the sake of having them in the game, because they look cool and there is a public for it

They don't do any good for gameplay, immersion.... anything

Jets could be easily replaced by a commander called in JDAM strikes, or something similar to be used against MBTs

Or replaced by attack helicopters, which are great, fun to fly and gun, effective as hell when there is teamwork and can be fairly countered
Completely and absolutely disagree.
[R-DEV]AlonTavor is online now Reply With Quote

Tags
affecting, cas, gameplay