project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Oct 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2017, 04:24 AM   #11
Heavy Death

Default Re: Why do conventional ironsight kits not get binocs?

To some extent, I agree with Ason. Maybe not all kits should have it, but thats a minor thing.

However, I would remove binocs from crewmen - they have the vehicles' optics to use. The kit having binocs just makes it an OP quickgrab and encourages dismounting.

Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:54 AM   #12
inb4banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Death View Post
To some extent, I agree with Ason. Maybe not all kits should have it, but thats a minor thing.

However, I would remove binocs from crewmen - they have the vehicles' optics to use. The kit having binocs just makes it an OP quickgrab and encourages dismounting.
Dismounting meta won't be fixed in PR, removing binos would only make it more frustrating. Conventional vs unconventional armies balance is already tipped way over to conventional forces, no need to make it worse.
inb4banned is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:47 AM   #13
bahiakof

My opinion is that it should not have scopes in assault rifles in Project Reality. Reason? The BF2 engine with low graphics options and automatic reconfiguration of shaders leaves the environment very clean and graphically "poor", and it is not possible to play as a tactical spotter, since it is always detected by the enemy scopes due to lack of camouflage and interaction between the "avatar" and the environment.

That's why I love playing on the Assault on Grozny map. This map is possible to play in a more "real" way.

bahiakof is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:03 PM   #14
LEGIYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahiakof View Post
That's why I love playing on the Assault on Grozny map. This map is possible to play in a more "real" way.
So true.Grozny is amazing cuz of no scopes!

LEGIYA is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
binocs, conventional, ironsight, kits