project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Jul 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2016, 11:28 AM   #1
Mouthpiece
Supporting Member

Default What do you DISLIKE in current state of PR (2016)?

NOTE TO ADMINS and everyone who want to contribute to this post: This isn't a topic about exact people you dislike, some server or an admin group that you don't like. Instead of pointing fingers try to generalize as much as possible (learn to write like a politician - writing about an exact problem w/o using names/exact facts; use examples, be abstract!).

What I dislike the most right now?

There's nothing more I dislike that much as squad leaders who doesn't have the basic game sense needed to lead a squad. I'm talking about the most important factor - positioning of your squad on actual flags that are in play only leaving them to flank/maneuver/regroup/use trans/build a quick FOB. There's no other uses. And fuck super fobs. They're just a shit excuse to do nothing and farm some kills from noobs who run into such easily noticeable structures-of-death.

Good job buddy on keeping 7 people close together and far away from the game itself. But that's the least of your concerns. Press CAPSLOCK and look at the map - especially the fact which flags are in play and which are totally not.

Lately It's been happening on EVERY match - there's at least 1 or 2 full INF squads that are in middle of nowhere constructing FOBs d33p behind enemy lines while rest of their team are fighting for their last flag to stop the ticket bleed. I, a person who tends to SL myself on a regular basis notice this all the time because I'm am the one talking shit about them and talking shit to them in SL radio. Of course, I usually don't start talking shit at the beginning - instead I try to get some answers from the squadleader in question, but 90% of times he's just a clueless scrub hogging 7 people with him on a useless super fob or some other bullshit gimmick. Don't get me wrong - I suggest them things they should do instead or raging first, but 95% of times those people are stubborn as fuck and don't move principally. Come to think of it, stubbornness in this game is one of the most hated things (by me) close to this one I'm writing about. Like, this game should be anti-stubborn, made for tryhards (and by that I mean people who constantly think how to help their team more - maybe by doing that instead of this and maybe by switching their role altogether? But that's the problem - it's usually the opposite)

I seriously think that these kind of SL's are the worse apples of the game (YES, even worse then SNIPERS) and should be punished accordingly. IT TAKES 0 SKILL TO KEEP 7 PEOPLE CLOSE TOGETHER, don't fucking thank these SL's for that, it makes them think that they're good in the actual SL'ing process. Yet they suck in all other vital aspects.

P.S.
Thank you BASED admns for kicking/tb'ing these kinds of SL's, especially the disrespectful/stubborn types.

P.P.S.
Sorry for the rant-like-qualities in this thread. I think I get too carried away whilst thinking about this problem (as it's probably because I don't see a means to an end).
Last edited by Mouthpiece; 06-29-2016 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: grammar/P.P.S.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:04 PM   #2
viirusiiseli

Default Re: What do you DISLIKE in current state of PR (2016)?

Basically the same as yours. People who do anything else than go for the flags in AAS and people who do anything else than go for caches in insurgency aka the flanking squads. I know they think they'll do something quickly and then go to the flag after but usually either the round ends or the flags get capped before they do.

Rounds aren't long enough for that type of playing style. They used to be, but not anymore.

That and the mind-numbingly slow helicopters. Takes forever to get somewhere and doing trans is not fun anymore unless you have a lynx.

It seems that the focus of the updates lately has been removing aspects about this game that were fun in exchange for muh realism.
This was a non-issue that was removed for who knows why.

-mectus11
Old 06-29-2016, 12:07 PM   #3
Jacksonez__

tl;dr but server crashes.

sorry

Old 06-29-2016, 12:28 PM   #4
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
That and the mind-numbingly slow helicopters. Takes forever to get somewhere and doing trans is not fun anymore unless you have a lynx.
Agree, trans helicopters suck atm.

Disagree with hating on FOBs, they are very important on maps like muttrah. If you dont have them as US your only hope of winning is having CAS farm kills.

That and maps being changed over to support transporting inf only if it APCs act as mech inf, its been done before many times, failed everytime, stop doing it (Kashan). Forcing players to play a certain way rather than just giving them the option to play that way is a shit idea that doesn't work.

Old 06-29-2016, 12:37 PM   #5
sunshine2241991

I play this f2cking game , most amazing thing that happen to me , wasting time piss of hash , best game 3v3r , rage quiting sh`1 . game for 10 years .

And this is exactly what i Dislike and Like . you cant know if this evening you going to enjoy the game or not .
this game is so unpredictable its scary .
you can have the best Round / game ever , or you gonna rage quit so hard you windows will format itseLf .
because this mod is Heavy based on players .
Its really hard to find a good Squad that balance between Fun and tactical gaming .
In the last half year i found my self 70% of the times or in Some 1337 quickscoping pro COD gamer squad where no body cooperating and everyone do what eva they want OR in some Super Hardcore Milsim Squad Where you need permission to speak .
But in rest 30% i can find some good people with some funny personality that can mix between good time and tactical gameplay

But the most thing that i DISLIKE is having small amount of transportation on maps (hummve , trucks and stuff)
and when you finely have transport chopper the pilot afraid to fly past the main base .
like " Bro Put me at H3 pls " Piloit : " Nah bro the best i can do is A13 "
Old 06-29-2016, 12:49 PM   #6
theDaarkness
PR Server License Administrator

I dislike the disconnect between the large influx of new players and the people that have been playing since 0.8. There's too many people that think they are hot shit tacticool but don't know how to play and dont want to hear otherwise and on the other side there's too many older players just telling these kids to shut up and get a brain. Everyone needs to find a middle ground sometime

=]H[= HARDCORE GAMING | 2AAS/2INS | NA
Old 06-29-2016, 12:57 PM   #7
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDaarkness View Post
and the people that have been playing since 0.8.
I take it that is when you started?

Old 06-29-2016, 12:58 PM   #8
MaxTheSilva96

Guys who call contacts in squad chat.

I've seen people yelling things like "enemy at 150" in squad chat and them the rest of the squad goes bananas, and nobody notices that the guy who yelled is at the other side of the map.

That and all the bugs, crashes, lagginess, etc.

--"I find your lack of FOBs disturbing..."--
Old 06-29-2016, 01:04 PM   #9
Brozef

Hate civilians and hate the fact that nobody ever tries to play CnC mode.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:30 PM   #10
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Some maps: Insurgency maps, charlies point, barracuda

Mapvoting + maps that ARE NOT played enough. There cannot be ONE night without a server playing saareemaa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonez__ View Post
tl;dr but server crashes.
Pretty much this. I can overcome most other things.

Closed Thread

Tags
2016, current, dislike, state