project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2005, 11:43 AM   #1
Knight
Default Can you configure PR to have this option???

I'm sick of BF2, it's got so much potential but i cant play it for more than half an hour because of all the infuriating features.

In your mini mod or the full PR release can you configure it to work:

Can it be configured to play similar to the way Ghost Recon on the PC played? no vehicles except maybe jeeps/hummers with no guns. No medics, acurate support guns (even GR never had that), finite respawns (such as none, 1 or up to 5), simple mission objectives (wipe each other out or if possible destroy something/kill general . . . i think these give the players a focus), no comander with rediculous.y arbitrary art strikes.
Basically just a bare bones team gunfight. It's allready there i think, just need to have the just taken out, snipers made consistent, support aim made realistic then game conditions set to be more realistic.

I want this cause i'm just sick of the constant vehicle fest of BF2, the crap support weapons and snipers, the 'press the magic button' medics, getting randomly and arbitrarily wiped out by art strikes, haveing guys ram me with jeeps when they hit the wall/tree they dont get hurt, but most of all im sick of the total lack of a sense of 'consequence', you get killed 'so what' respawn and get back in. In GR you knew you had a certain number of lives, even in counter strike you had only 1, the effect on the game play and the game experience can not be underestimated.

If PR can do a mini mini mod like this then the whole disenfranchised Gr community would love it i think as the game world and the functionality of the game is great.
Knight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 02:08 PM   #2
Knight

Don't insult me. I'm a guest on your forum. I dont expect curt sarcasm to a sincere question.

All i was basically asking for was if there could be an option to turn off vehicles and a few other features. I'ts not a whole new mod, just a configurable option in PR.

If you answer please try to be less demeaning.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:50 PM   #3
solodude23

Send a message via AIM to solodude23 Send a message via Yahoo to solodude23

Ther won't ba that, but im sure there wil be more infantry based maps where tanks would not be practical or available. Besides that, if PR makes it more realsitic there won't be 2 tanks every spot on the map either...
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 03:10 PM   #4
requiem
Project Founder
Supporting Member

Knight,

We may create a map in there with focus on infantry, but battlefield will remain a vehicles game. We also have a game-mode lined up that I think you'll enjoy (although not exactly what you've mentioned, but very close).

Cheers,
req!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
requiem is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:24 PM   #5
Garrison
Default Re: Can you configure PR to have this option???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight
Can it be configured to play similar to the way Ghost Recon on the PC played? no vehicles except maybe jeeps/hummers with no guns. No medics, acurate support guns (even GR never had that), finite respawns (such as none, 1 or up to 5), simple mission objectives (wipe each other out or if possible destroy something/kill general . . . i think these give the players a focus), no comander with rediculous.y arbitrary art strikes.
For BF42, We (DC-Realism) tried something like this. DC-R: Tactics.. huge flop and it was a waste of time and resources. Stuff that should've been focused on the full mod was put into this ghey idea that Tanelorn (The "Leader") had.

This type of gameplay with no to little respawns does not work in the Battlefield Engines...
Garrison is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:31 PM   #6
Figisaacnewton

With lots of beta testing on each map, I think the optimal spawn time for each map could easily be figured.

And solodude, an avid DCR fan, I know he loved (loves?) DCR tactics, for the realism. I like it also, only played it once or twice though

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Figisaacnewton is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 08:16 PM   #7
Garrison

Tactics was a set of maps with only infantry with 2 spawns per round in like a 5 min round. In BF's engine it was terrible.

I loved playing and working for DCR the full mod. But I did not want to waste time on Tanelorns side project.
Garrison is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:31 PM   #8
Ugly Duck

Nice to see ya on the PR forums garrison. You did some great work for DCR, and it was a great notsomini-mod.
Ugly Duck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:54 PM   #9
solodude23

Send a message via AIM to solodude23 Send a message via Yahoo to solodude23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrison
Tactics was a set of maps with only infantry with 2 spawns per round in like a 5 min round. In BF's engine it was terrible.

I loved playing and working for DCR the full mod. But I did not want to waste time on Tanelorns side project.
There were actually quite a few new-comers that were suprised they actually liked it. I did too, but it was a little....wierd on the engine. But either way, people used teamwork like crazy, even if they didn't know eachother at all.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 08:26 AM   #10
Knight

Thank's for the info Req,
i'm pretty psyched to try that out in PR. I'll be sure to pull all my languising Gr buddies in too.

The maps in BF2 are a lot smaller than B1942/DC so i think more infantry sided game types would work perfectly.
As much as i'm dismayed with a lot of the stuff in BF2 i'm also very impress with some stuff. I always use the 203, not so much for the nades but the iron sights on single shot just feels great to me. Feels very solid and weighty and has everything just about right.

Can't wait for a sniffter of the mini mod, though i dont know whats gonna be in it exactly.

Keep up the good work dudes. I don't have any technical tallent but i hope my admirationa and appreciation for the job you do encourages a bit.

Tags
configure, option