project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2007, 01:02 AM   #21
Hx.Clavdivs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhimmi
Tell them there are women in PR who can kick their azz and if they had any 'nads they'd get in the game.
Any suggestions for getting the gf to play ?
I got her on commanding a few weeks ago for 5 min or so and she seemed to like and now I'm trying to bribe/coerce her into playing some this Friday.
Hey, good going! We need more females in this game.

In JO:R (I know I bring it up alot, but hey - it was a great time) I know Aurora managed to recruit alot of their wives to start playing. Females are fierce competitors, and given the right enviroment they actually enjoy competing.

You should either
a) Organize a night where a bunch of mates play at the same time and get her to go as a medic/rifleman or some kit like that. More focus on a single task, rather than kill-kill-kill, shoot-shoot-shoot, whine-whine-whine. Important that your buddies aren't smacktards and bitch alot. If she messes up, encourage even more.

b) Try to round up all the female gamers and bully them to play at the same time, same side and lure your GF to play with them. Safety in numbers.

Commander was a stroke a genious on your part! She gets to boss everybody around and she can focus about logistics and organizing rather than running about and play Rambo in the marshes!

visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and ''Squad Up" today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101 bassdrive
..game experience may change during weekends..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz
LOL, Helix clan disclaimer
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hx.Clavdivs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:31 AM   #22
Lolo
Send a message via MSN to Lolo

As a clan captain I have been encouraging my guys to get into the PR. So far I have convinced many of them to give it a go, some of them love it, some of them get really frustrated by it, I think the first step is to get them to try it atleast once, and let them make their own mind up. But make sure you are there for their first time on a full on PR server otherwise they will prolly just have a short go, get wasted and hate on it. The first time I tried PR I was lucky enough to squad up with a couple of really keen team players. They were kind enough to answer questions I had and made the game very enjoyable.
Lolo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:18 AM   #23
KP
Retired Moderator

Tell them Rhino will blow them if they start playing

Just kidding, Rhino!

More guns and bullets make bad guys go away faster,
which in turn makes everyone in the area safer.

-Paul Howe
KP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:28 AM   #24
Rambo Hunter

Thanks guys, i'll give some a go next time i see or chat with them. I hope the convert, no matter what the price is
Rambo Hunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:11 AM   #25
Snake_doctor
Banned

just tell them its the best game in the world right
Snake_doctor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:00 AM   #26
Gaz
PR Retrobate
Supporting Member

Play PR or I'll come round and smash your balls/ovaries* with a F*CKIN SLEDGEHAMMER

*delete as applicable

now copy/paste and email all yer mates with canned threats from Gaz

*CURRENTLY AFK - MIL STUFF*

"By profession I am a
, and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder, infinitely prouder, to be a father". - Gen Douglas MacAurthur.
-Proud wearer of motorcycle helmets since 1998.
Gaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:06 AM   #27
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude
Forum Moderator

Tell them.....hmmm.Tell them Its like being in the movies!!!! Say like, "pilot extraction is just like BH down! and there are LBs too! there is a silenced sniper rifle! M14 is on its way too! You get to do all the fancy team work like the films!"

Then show them that sand of flames trailer and say its like that. blood guts and all.

...mongol...

Military Lawyers engaged in fierce action

[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:17 PM   #28
Hx.Clavdivs

You know, if I could just get Duke:Nukem and the boys in PR in join teams, we could get Mogadishu map for PR. Not only would it "like" BH down" you be playin BH Down.

The map was so wicked that if I ever was in Mogadishu, I could actually find my way in that city.

visit us at
and ''Squad Up" today!

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-17-2007, 09:19 PM   #29
Rambo Hunter

Yeah, i've been converting that cheap BHD map to PR, but it doesn;t have that certain feeel, know what i mean? it's just too cheap. we need a MAN'S BHD map =D
Rambo Hunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:01 AM   #30
Hx.Clavdivs

Oh not the BHD version of Mogadishu, I'm talking JO:R map of Mogadishu. I'd link the ... wait - maybe ... hold on .... Hurray, I found it Mogadishu. This is a teaser for the map before it got released. Remember, its an old game and the engine shows. I got a map of Mogadishu from that period and when pressing M ingame it was almost an exact match.

Later, it had to "fixed" so the distance was shorter and some of the places moved a bit because the players complained that it was uneven and unfair on one side. LOL. Gamers, what a breed.

I tell you, it was quite something to be walled up in that square right next to the blackhawk, sun going down and all of a sudden it turned over to a full scale war in the middle of the night. Admins had to repeatedly increase the gametime so that we could fight even longer. I think one round actually lasted 3 hours with intense fighting.

visit us at
and ''Squad Up" today!

Quote:
Quote:

Tags
mates, talk