project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2015, 09:47 PM   #1
Daniel
Banned
Supporting Member
Lightbulb Official PR Master Server announcement/excuse by lead developer AncientMan?

Me and other loyal PR players still demand an Official PR Master Server announcement/excuse by lead developer AncientMan, explaining what exactly happened Saturday evening and who is to blame and what exactly caused the problem.

Was it hardware failing cause not checked if status ok?

Or was it AncientMan's mum un-plugging his Internet-Router while vacuum cleaning his room?

I simply ask for the reason/explanation what exactly happened (And wanna laugh hard IF it actually was his mum!! xD ), that's all.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:21 PM   #2
Microwaife

Can we please get a ban now?

On topic: servers go down, stuff happens, you can ask in a nicer way.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:35 PM   #3
Daniel
Banned
Supporting Member
Default Re: Official PR Master Server announcement/excuse by lead developer AncientMan?

Ban AncientMan's mum? Why not?

This is already a very nice and funny way of asking, Microwave.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:05 PM   #4
DC_K
Supporting Member

Default Re: Official PR Master Server announcement/excuse by lead developer AncientMan?

instead of demanding answers like they owe you something, how about you show some appreciation by thanking them for even having a master server, let alone maintain them
Old 06-28-2015, 11:31 PM   #5
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Woah...seriously...

Please don't disrespect the sheer number of manhours, actual money, blood, sweat and tears that team members like AM put into giving a service to the PR community that is on par with professional corporate game entities...

EA's servers have gone down before, Gamespy's have gone down before...

I'm sure you've had a power black out before, what do you get told when you phone the company? "There is a local fault and it'll be fixed as soon as possible"

You could have just asked "What caused the server to go down last Saturday chaps?"...

#notangryjustdisappointed

Old 06-28-2015, 11:41 PM   #6
Steeps
Supporting Member

Daniel, this is how I feel about any post you make:

Plus a Spider-Man thread would be more productive than this one.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:42 PM   #7
tokyoisbeingrebuilt

who the hell are you?

nobody here owes you ANYTHING, let alone an answer. Shit happens, don't act like an arrogant child about it.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:19 AM   #8
JackONeill

Things happen, things will continue to happen, and things will sometimes go wrong.

Way of life, way of internet.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:26 AM   #9
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke Send a message via Skype™ to DesmoLocke

Relax! Just do it.

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
Old 06-29-2015, 12:47 AM   #10
[R-DEV]AncientMan
Retired
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

My sentiments are with the other posts in this thread, you're being extremely rude and demanding, and the development team don't owe you any sort of explanation, especially when you're as arrogant as the post makes you seem.

Simply, it went down and it came back up after a short amount of time. It's not the first time it's gone down, and it's certainly not the last time it'll go down.

I also don't appreciate you bringing my lovely mother into this, jokingly or not, who the fuck do you think you are?

Locked and infraction given.

Closed Thread

Tags
ancientman, announcement or excuse, developer, lead, master, official, server