project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2007, 11:45 PM   #11
Randleman5102

Cant wait to hear.......... unfortunatly my comp is not built to handle PRM

I cant play any of the maps..... I need a gig of RAM....lol maybe a new comp, mines 5 1/2 years old with no upgrades.

You Are Now Breathing Manually...
Randleman5102 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:46 PM   #12
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randleman5102
Cant wait to hear.......... unfortunatly my comp is not built to handle PRM

I cant play any of the maps..... I need a gig of RAM....lol maybe a new comp, mines 5 1/2 years old with no upgrades.
Sh1t! someone get a doctor!!!

...mongol...

Military Lawyers engaged in fierce action

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:01 AM   #13
Manic Sidewinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]eggman
we're gonna try some rather experimental stuff over the next 2 releases. but if it's usable and players adapt to it, I think we'll have some very positive changes that make things much more dynamic and unpredictable (aka replayable).

I have solved the incredibly ghey problem where vehicles take a shit kicking from bouncing into the ground.
Sounds awesome!!
Manic Sidewinder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:40 AM   #14
luizinhuu

from my past experience of waiting for new prm releases i'd say 0.5 is coming march, 11th

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

luizinhuu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:09 AM   #15
SGT.Collado

to tell you the truth, I could wait 1 more month. I ain't going to play it anyways since I have to wait for the BF2 vista drivers so if you want, hold it off. Don't make last day changes, double check your stuff and make it as stable as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77SiCaRiO77
ask him if he is an enemy , if he answer you in other language, then fire at him
SGT.Collado is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:11 AM   #16
WesleyS

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]eggman
we're gonna try some rather experimental stuff over the next 2 releases. but if it's usable and players adapt to it, I think we'll have some very positive changes that make things much more dynamic and unpredictable (aka replayable).
With experimental things comes the high possibility of it not going over too well. Much like the M4. Is there a system in place to put out a small patch to cure any big problems that could arrise from these experimental things?

I ask this because the problem with the M4 has turned off atleast 5 ECGN regulars to the game, I would hate to see another minor problem like this cause PRM to lose more fanbase.

WesleyS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:08 AM   #17
Maistros
Send a message via AIM to Maistros

Well the M4 is fixed and honestly, from my point of view being a tester with the "average gamer" in mind.. these new developments are GREAT for both the inexperienced players and the vets. It gets rid of the annoying things in battlefield life. No more need to spawn camp, no more M4 laser toys, no more vehicle whoring, no more godly vehicles. Everything is well balanced out now, because for every powerful measure of attack there is an equally powerful measure of defense.

The way that the game will require collaboration from now on is so remarkable. Oh and I can't wait to see how many people crash their aircraft because they don't really know how to fly. Mwahaha.

Wasn't me.
Maistros is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:58 AM   #18
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

we hopefully won't go into March hehe. Locked up on features now, just sorting out bugs and usability issues.

wrt the possibility of experimentation bringing in bad things .. yeah that's definitely the case. keep in mind that at the "tail end" of v0.4 uh... well..... let's just say some of us were a bit burnt out so we just didn't have the energy to be as responsive to things like the M4 issue as we needed to have.

And I hope we can get onto shorter release cycles so that if there is an issue it will never be too long before another release comes out and fixes it.

The current plans we have around changing some fundamental dynamics will take 2 releases to round out the feature set, so er.. we do need to be careful.

Cheers!
egg

eggman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:45 PM   #19
=Romagnolo=

Send a message via MSN to =Romagnolo=

Quote:
Originally Posted by luizinhuu
from my past experience of waiting for new prm releases i'd say 0.5 is coming march, 11th

Well, tomorrow I will start my interchange, I wont be abble play PR for a while.

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto:"Cheers, you're the man, Okita"
[R-DEV]Rhino:"I in fact got kicked from a server for tking."
Hitperson:"well done, treasure it forever."
[R-DEV]Adriaan:"Damned classy Roma, if I may say so."
[R-DEV]Chuc:"Pro man, pro."
(yes, it was about me)
[R-MOD]BloodBane611:"Romagnolo, you definitely deserve a LOL award for that."
=Romagnolo= is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:57 PM   #20
=*CLA*=StudMuffin21

Looking forward to the new release. Can you give us any ideas of what (game play wise) is going to be different, and how different it is? Or is it all classified?

"Deadly as lightning, soft as a breeze, strike FAST, strike HARD........then return unseen."
=*CLA*=StudMuffin21 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
build, released, test