project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
26 Jul 2016, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2014, 07:28 PM   #51
Ts4EVER
FH2 Developer
Default Re: Good news about the GameSpy thing

I wouldn't worry too much about it, PR and FH2 will pull through. I fear for the smaller mods though, like Operation Peacekeeper etc. Then again, these are mostly played offline anyway afaik.

Ts4EVER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:33 PM   #52
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts4EVER View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about it, PR and FH2 will pull through. I fear for the smaller mods though, like Operation Peacekeeper etc. Then again, these are mostly played offline anyway afaik.
OPK is BSS also, so sharing with them is always a possibility.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:25 PM   #53
OldGoat5
Supporting Member

Wait so, they actually wont be moving the servers instead?

Does this mean .exe patches are allowed since they 'retired' bf2 and I think have no point in selling a multiplayer game without multiplayer...
OldGoat5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:56 PM   #54
Tomeis

So what does this mean for PR and BF2 in general? Once the servers shut down, will there be some work around to connect to dedicated servers?

FEAR Combat went through a similar thing a while ago. Official support was completely dropped but the community took over and let the game live on. Will we see something similar?
Tomeis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:55 PM   #55
Daniel
Banned
Supporting Member

Yes, as recently announced by the PR team: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f380...ml#post2005915
Daniel is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
gamespy, good, news, thing