project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Interest in an official tournament? Return of the PRT?
I AM interested in/think there should be a new official PR tournament started. 198 90.00%
I am NOT interested in/ do NOT think there should be a new official PR tournament started. 20 9.09%
Other - Something else! I'll leave a comment. 2 0.91%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 07:25 AM   #1
Murkey
Supporting Member

Default Interest in an official tournament? Return of the PRT?

Hi everyone, here's the story; I'm really busy ATM trying to finish my PhD and (unsuccessfully) thinking about taking some time out from PR. This got me thinking about why I haven't stopped playing PR over all these years and what has kept me interested in the game. The short version is the teamwork and the people I've met over the years. I remember when I was a massive noob and a great bunch of people showed me how to play the game properly and that playing on public servers was just one side of the coin. The other side being serious, well structured and intense matches.

Whilst I love playing with my clan (3dAC) and the FH tournament is going really well presently, the big issue with the games of PR we get from these sources is that we always play against the same people and only clan members and really dedicated PR forum members ever get to hear about them.

I feel like all the people discovering PR for the first time, or coming back after a few years are missing out on an official, highly visible, project reality tournament. Unless you join a clan or sign up to the odd event, then public servers are all you'll ever know.

Playing in the PRT (with honourable mentions to TART, FH Tourney and PR:WC etc) gave me the best games of PR I've ever played, so I'm wondering would there be much support or interest in getting a new, Dev-supported, high visibility tournament started, open to everyone?

What do you guys think?

For you old timers, here's a playlist of some PRT video's that are still on youtube

*could a moderator add a poll to the thread please?

1) I AM interested in/think there should be a new official PR tournament started.
2)I am NOT interested in/ do NOT think there should be a new official PR tournament started.
3)Other - Something else! I'll leave a comment.

TL;DR Guy loves PR, wants a more accessible, official PR Tournament started. Vote!

Murkey's Videos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Murkey is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:29 AM   #2
Cossack112
PR:BF2 Deputy Test Lead
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Cossack112
Default Re: Interest in an official tournament? Return of the PRT?

Definitely would love to see it back. Thanks to PRT my experience in PR grow rapidly with meeting other like minded people.

Cossack112 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:33 AM   #3
Orthas

I would come back to PR if there was a tournament. I'm willing to help with organising, either as active organiser or advisor.

Orthas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:16 AM   #4
Brainlaag

What kind of question is that? Of effing course.

Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:41 AM   #5
Curry-Chicken
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

I'm in! Would love to see it coming back and I'm willing to help organize.

cheers,
Curry.

[R-DEV]Adriaan: in the end we had to hit it down with a stick :P

Curry-Chicken is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:52 AM   #6
Nate(GER)
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

YouTube Video

Nice initiative, Murkey

Nate(GER) is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:38 AM   #7
Steckdose200

But not just two teams, i believe we could even get 4 teams together and now with 50 v 50 players this should add to the imersion even more! We should definitly try to set one up!
Steckdose200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:40 AM   #8
fecht_niko

Years ago my community (WGP) started a campaign with a buy system for assets and it was a success. So if you need people to organize/advise you have my hole community behind you!!!
Niko.
fecht_niko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:17 AM   #9
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steckdose200 View Post
But not just two teams, i believe we could even get 4 teams together and now with 50 v 50 players this should add to the imersion even more! We should definitly try to set one up!
For me part of the flair of the PRT was that you would build up a certain sense of allegiance for your faction/team. If they choose to do 4 teams, they should be the same team playing the "same" factions through out the campaign (as in NATO = Blufor, CATA = Opfor).

Agreed that some of the drama was due to side stacking but that can be solved by the moderator staff.

Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:26 AM   #10
matty1053

If I could sign up, that would be a neat thing! (Never played in a PR Tournament)

I think it would attract more players back to PR!
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
c10, interest, official, prt, return, tournament