project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #11
psychickactivity

Default Re: New guy here. I guess it's safe to assume that the Aussie community for PR is dea

2009 or 2010 i think ?

i have a lot of old interview .
psychickactivity is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:03 AM   #12
waldov

Default Re: New guy here. I guess it's safe to assume that the Aussie community for PR is dea

The aussie community isnt dead its just people are reluctant to join BigD when there always running 2-4km maps with like 6 guys.

waldov is online now Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:57 AM   #13
dtacs
Supporting Member

These threads seem to come up frustratingly often with little informative posts

BigD certainly isn't dead. Yes, on weeknights the servers do struggle a little bit to get a populated match, but oftentimes on Saturday and Sunday nights the server can see 50+ players. The servers had had stability issues (as have all servers post 1.0..) which have recently been cleared up and are now back on track.

The biggest issue was that PR took two years between releases with no gameplay content and only new factions, vehicles and weapons. This saw quite a large exodus of key Australian and NZ players who found other games. At this point with the release of ARMA 3 and GTA the servers have taken another minor hit with player numbers, but fortunately a bunch of new players have come thanks to more awareness of the game.

Edit: And for those wondering, the ADF Comfac was put on indefinite hiatus as Tonnie was too busy to continue working it. It was a little bit understaffed as well unfortunately, and for the most part was almost a one man operation.

If anyone has any suggestions, criticism or feedback on the servers then head over to the BigD forums and have your say. Those commenting on the somewhat odd map rotations are not alone, but complaining here will do nothing.

I for one will be seeding tonight around 6:30 AEST, and need help. If there aren't seeders, there won't be a populated server
Last edited by dtacs; 09-25-2013 at 05:17 AM..
Old 09-25-2013, 05:27 AM   #14
risegold8929

Quote:
That, and the ping shouldn't be too bad for US servers, I've seen Aussies on our servers all the time.
I remember pre v1.0, my ping from New Zealand was always about 180... oh the glory days. Now it's 230. What.
Also, now Aussies get better ping than me when they use to be about 30 extra from me. It's like I'm being routed through Aussie now or something....

CrazyHotMilf: can you release PR 1.0 today cause its my birthday and i want to play it ? because its gonna be very nice and every thing
risegold8929 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:49 AM   #15
dtacs
Supporting Member

For the record BigD got 80+ players tonight.

Nothing to complain about if you aren't a part of it
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #16
psychickactivity

dtacs and risegold8929 thing for you if you are interesting , i havent time to reproduct this interview on this forum , go here and read this one , i think you go to like it .

New Zeland Defense Forces "Hangman"

I do it in my old team .

Have a nice read
psychickactivity is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
assume, aussie, community, dead, guess, guy, safe