project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #1
waldov

Default Captured weapons

Hi, in PR I think being unable to use most of the weapons they capture has deprived the insurgents of a decisive aspect of Guerrilla warfare ie. that of using your enemeys weapons. I know this is done for the sake of balancing and so on but when it comes to insurgency i dont think there is any point weakening the insurgents. To be honest balancing insurgency has always been a matter of not giving Blufor there full number of assets (for example CAS).
So i have heard that in 1.0 the insurgents will get AA techies to counterbalance the re-introduction of Blufor CAS in some maps. But seeming as CAS is such a decisive advantage why not balance things more by reintroducing the insurgents the ability to capture weapons.

Ways it could work:
Using enemy weapons could work again with some key variations mainly the following.
-Insurgents cant capture HAT,AA and Sniper kits.
-Blufor are alerted each time the insurgents capture a Marksman,LAT,MG,Automatic rifleman or grenider kit. in other words discouraging teams from allowing there positions being overrun and the enemy capturing good weapons. ie. "thanks a lot squad 4 for letting them take that MG and Marksman rifle."
-Insurgents cant resupply captured weapons.
-Insurgents are less accurate with captured weapons.
-Blufor can be leant a few more of the advantages they should have in exchange for insurgents being able to use captured weaponry such as Body Armour, CAS etc.

I dont know if all those are possible but any mixture of them should work that way the gameplay of insurgency will become a lot more interesting.

Taliban with M240

Old 04-25-2013, 07:46 AM   #2
ExeTick
Supporting Member

Default Re: Captured weapons

this is a suggestion and it should be in suggestion thread.

I do like the part where you cant rearm your captured weapon, but it would also be frustrating if you are running low on ammo in a captured weapon you like

Old 04-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f255...-no-sense.html

pretty much explains it on the first page for you. Also this is a suggestion which should be moderated in the the suggestion forum I believe to avoid duplicate threads like this. I'm not trying to be your moderator just trying to explain you this has been discussed in the past to great lengths

edit: also this :http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...-test-3-a.html

Last edited by [R-DEV]Mineral; 04-25-2013 at 07:56 AM..
Old 04-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #4
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Quote:
-Blufor are alerted each time the insurgents capture a Marksman,LAT,MG,Automatic rifleman or grenider kit. in other words discouraging teams from allowing there positions being overrun and the enemy capturing good weapons. ie. "thanks a lot squad 4 for letting them take that MG and Marksman rifle."
This would lead to too much bitching :/

Quote:
-Insurgents cant resupply captured weapons.
-Insurgents are less accurate with captured weapons.
I don't think those 2 are possible codewise, sadly...

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #5
[R-MOD]IINoddyII
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Closed. Search the forums on how to make suggestions correctly.

Closed Thread

Tags
captured, weapons