project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #11
Hotshot Jimmy

Default Re: New guy to Project Reality

Thanks Murphy, I realise that its going to be alot more than what BF2 is for me atm but i'm a little tired of being on servers where no one wants to communicate or have some form of teamwork so I am up for the challenge and will not have a problem being a team player. On another note i'm watching Slorgs tutorials and the first one speaks about map packs and a Vietnam pack. I can't find either on the downloads page. Are they all in the 3 downloads and the patch available?

Cheers.
Last edited by Hotshot Jimmy; 02-04-2013 at 12:44 PM..
Old 02-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #12
Moszeusz6Pl
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via Skype™ to Moszeusz6Pl

Patch 0.98 include all 4DLC(mappack, Vietnam, Normandy, Falklands). Only thing you might want to download is SP mappack for PR0.95(but still works) and Test Airfield map, but you don't need it if you want to only play on regular public servers.

Moszeusz6Pl is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #13
Hotshot Jimmy

Would you recommend the test airfield?
Hotshot Jimmy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #14
Moszeusz6Pl
Retired PR Developer

This map was made for testing purpose, it have all air asset on them, with very short spawn time, so if you want to check all air assets, it is good idea. It's also used on some of training server. Although it isn't so good for practicing flying chopper, because map is very flat at most part, so I you are not beginner, you should better learn at other maps.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #15
Hotshot Jimmy

Ok thanks, also on the 3 of 3 install should I click or unclick the DICE Alt-tab fix?

EDIT;

So far so good, just the patch left. I also downloaded the "Anders soundpack" is this already included or should I leave it for now?
Last edited by Hotshot Jimmy; 02-04-2013 at 02:44 PM..
Old 02-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #16
Alfa

If you tell your squadmates you're playing with that you're new to the game, you'll get a surprising amount of help. Everyone remembers when they were in your position, so don't be bashful about asking a bunch of questions, regardless of how silly they may seem. It's refreshing for old players to see new people getting involved in such a long running mod. I personally enjoy when I'm squadleading and I hear "I'm new to this mod, what should I do?" Some people might roll their eyes at you, but it makes me nostalgia and want to help :P

And yeah, stick to infantry for a while, assets can be pretty knowledge intensive

Alfa is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #17
Conman51

May i ask exactly how did you find out about PR?

I would also recommend you get used to Mumble.

And as people have said let people know you are new and start as infantry. Your Squad leader may not let you have any fun kits for a while but you need to learn the basics of infantry before you get more advanced weapons.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

Conman51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #18
Moszeusz6Pl
Retired PR Developer

Anders soundmod isn't include in 0.98, you can use it if you want.

Old 02-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #19
Hotshot Jimmy

Well just by chance actually. I realised a week ago that there may be some good mods out there for BF2 so I googled top ten mods and PR was 3rd I think but your trailer sold me lol. Just had a quick play about on a co-operative local server (I presume that means single player) and i'm amazed how its transformed. Need to read the .pdf a bit more and understand Mumble too as I didn't have it running as it force closed on me when I first started it. I will stick with the default sound and maybe later experiement but I am impressed by what i've seen so far.
Hotshot Jimmy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #20
Infantry4Ever

If you're looking for a community that is tight knit, loves to help others out, and loves to communicate, you've come to the right place. I've played this mod for a good 3 years and I can't recall seeing any "elitists" in the PR scene. Everyone here in this community will help you out if you just ask, just be sure to use the search bar.

I'm not speaking on behalf of the Project Reality community, but this is what I see. I don't think you will be leaving any time soon.

null ~ root
Infantry4Ever is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
guy, newbie, project, reality