project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
Ghostlychob
Default New Guy Help

Hi all, so I heard about this game yesterday, and for the last 14 hours I have been tryin to get it to work. I have a torrented version of BF 2, it lets me play online, and offline, it says its version 1.5. I downloaded the PR Mod 1 2 and 3 and the map packs. When I go to join a server it says invalid CD KEY or disconnected from the server. I have tried the cdkeyfixer. I have tried uninstalling punkbuster, and reinstalling it and updating it, I have tried adding and removing files from the BF 2 folder, nothing works. SO I am going to buy BF 2. Before I buy it, I would like to know if PR will work if I buy the complete collection download...Whatever I got from my torrent is supposed to be special forces edition but there is no campaign mode, just instant battle and multiplayer. Thank you guys.
Ghostlychob is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer
Default Re: New Guy Help

It does work with a legit version of BF2
[R-DEV]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #3
40mmrain
Supporting Member

As much as I support piracy of EA games, unfortunately, you probably just wont be able to do it here.

Try and find a used copy with valid key perhaps.

It will certainly work with a legit copy.

User warned for encouragement of illegal activity; no infraction points issued - Spec
Last edited by [R-MOD]Spec; 10-02-2012 at 04:49 AM..
Old 10-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
MoshPanda

Come on! Mate only 20 bucks will let u taste the enjoy of PR.
MoshPanda is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
Pvt.LHeureux
-

It will work with whatever LEGIT version of BF2 you have, no need to get the collection pack, the expansions are free in 1.51 now.

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #6
Ghostlychob

Thank you guys, I just didnt know if I had to look for an original BF 2 game and patch it to 1.5 or if I could just get the one with all of the expansions. I want to play both games =]
I'm suprised how fast I got a reply, I didnt know if this game was even alive or not, theres only like 200 people on servers from what I saw when I attempted to play online -_-
Ghostlychob is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:20 AM   #7
[R-DEV]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostlychob View Post
Thank you guys, I just didnt know if I had to look for an original BF 2 game and patch it to 1.5 or if I could just get the one with all of the expansions. I want to play both games =]
I'm suprised how fast I got a reply, I didnt know if this game was even alive or not, theres only like 200 people on servers from what I saw when I attempted to play online -_-
Yeah the forums are rather active compared to the game itself.

It's been quite a while since the last patch, so there is a lull in players right now. The upcoming release will hopefully reinvigorate peoples' passion and bring us closer to the ~1000 players a night from a few years ago, but I remain cautiously optimistic at best.
[R-DEV]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:41 AM   #8
[R-MOD]Spec
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Welcome to the forums.

The above posts should've answered your question. I'd like to remind everyone that promotion of piracy is strictly against the forum rules, though.

PR will work on any version of Battlefield 2 (assuming it is fully patched), with or without Special Forces and other add-ons. Since you mentioned it in your original post: Battlefield 2 has no campaign mode whatsoever.

I'll leave this thread open in case you have any further questions. If you have specific technical questions, please post in the tech section, for general gameplay / getting started questions, keep using this thread. No more mention of piracy, however, or this'll be locked.

Some notes on the different BF2 versions you can get: BF2 itself will be enough. The 1.5 patch adds the two mini-expansions "Armored Fury" and "Euro Forces" for free. It does NOT include "Special Forces", so if you want that, you'll have to buy it. Most versions of BF2 that are available these days include Special Forces (and are more expensive than BF2 alone would be). If you get the Steam version and it causes trouble for you, disable the Steam in-game overlay. Then it should work. Physical copies will work. EAs own download system should work, too.

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Last edited by [R-MOD]Spec; 10-02-2012 at 04:52 AM..
Old 10-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #9
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Remember you have to patch 1.41 BEFORE 1.5.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:12 AM   #10
risegold8929

Also, as a heads up, the Complete Collection version of BF2 comes with problems when you patch to v1.5. After I updated to Bf2v1.5, I began having a "Invalid CDKEY glitch" in which I had to download a CD key fixer from EA games in order to play online. Everyone else who I talked to who had this same problem all owned the Complete Collection edition.
risegold8929 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bf2, guy, new guy, project reality, punkbuster, torrent