project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
Vicious302
Banned
Default North, South, West, East

When your not near your squad and your trying to say where something is in regards to you, please stop using degrees, it's too specific and way too many use them when they aren't next to someone. Just use general North, South, West, East and if you can try and use landmarks. I've had this happen to me like everyday I play someone wants to say oh 240 from my posistion, like I can calculate 240 from his position, even if I knew his posistion.. riiiight. "East of me by the two story building" is soo much better. If this even helps one person stop using degrees when they aren't useful, this post was a success.
Vicious302 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: North, South, West, East

I usually have no troubles with degrees. Just depends on the situation you're in and how far apart your squad is. Best system is probably a combination of using degrees and using (the more simple) South/West/North/East indication.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
Stemplus

If you meet someone doing it then look on your compass and line yourself with the degree he's giving you, then check where are you looking at (N, E, W or S), look on the map again, and finnaly find out what does he actualy mean. It is complicated and requires the knowledge of the current map/area, so saying North/West/South/East is MUCH better

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Stemplus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester

Just remember those numbers, and extrapolate the difference to figure it out.

While we're being old men in rocking chairs complaining about stuff, if you call out "Enemy spotted 45 degrees" please say either zero forty five, or forty five north east , cause the listener is always guessing if VOIp/PRmumble cut out when you said "three forty five", "one forty five" etc.

[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #5
Sgt.BountyOrig

The degrees are always useful, it's good to be specific as it helps eliminate errors. You just need to look at a protractor and get a feel for which set of degrees are where.
Sgt.BountyOrig is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #6
Arnoldio
Banned

You need to view it from their POV. I often say "East, from my position", many times following with "that would be East minus ten from you guys.". I do the calculating for them so they have less trouble guessing.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #7
40mmrain
Supporting Member

yes good point, OP.

You know what else I would really like people to stop saying?

People seem to think "danger close" means enemies are close. Not so, it's a phrase to warn of friendly artillery or air ordnance landing close to you.

"oh shit contact right there danger close!"

fucking stop.
40mmrain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #8
ledo1222

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40mmrain View Post
yes good point, OP.

You know what else I would really like people to stop saying?

People seem to think "danger close" means enemies are close. Not so, it's a phrase to warn of friendly artillery or air ordnance landing close to you.

"oh shit contact right there danger close!"

fucking stop.
The enemy is Dangerously close.

-The Mods cant Silence me!
-Its all a Conspiracy all OF IT!
-Boys get the duck tape ready..... Umm.....

Been palying PR:ARMA2 since 0.1v beta

ledo1222 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #9
40mmrain
Supporting Member

yes see, they are very different.
40mmrain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #10
[R-CON]Wicca
PR:BF2 Event Coordinator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I hate people who say numbers. I always have to do a 360 before i find the right number. Stop using them. Its easier to remember 4 words, than 360 numbers. jeez.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.

[R-CON]Wicca is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
east, north, south, west