project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
27 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
Bluedrake42
Banned
PR Server License Administrator
Default Redo Mumble Download Links

I swear 90% of problems people have with mumble stem from them downloading .5 instead of 1.0. Can we please put a link to the correct mumble version in the official downloads section? Or at least get rid of the links to .5? or something PLEASE. I don't know where they keep finding .5 Its really messing with all the new players
Bluedrake42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
[R-CON]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Contributor
Default Re: Redo Mumble Download Links

I was under the impression that 0.973 was still installing 0.5 with the installation. I heard recently that it's not the case as the user had the correct version and hadn't downloaded 1.04 off the forums. Is it possible that the initial 0.97 release included PRMumble 0.5, but has subsequently been updated?

The issue with this is that the download mirrors (unofficial) would probably still be hosting the outdated client installers.

Just a thought.

A tip though, you can direct people to

"http://www.realitymod.com/mumble"

It works a treat

brenn4n [My Hero]: I'm not going to fix it for Europeans because you have enough servers and because there's people in Australia and Japan that have always suffered with pings at least 240ms. This is their only opportunity to play PR at a more comfortable latency since nobody has ever thought of having one in LA like we do.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<3 FCV
[R-CON]Psyrus is online now Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #3
Bluedrake42
Banned
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyrus View Post
I was under the impression that 0.973 was still installing 0.5 with the installation. I heard recently that it's not the case as the user had the correct version and hadn't downloaded 1.04 off the forums. Is it possible that the initial 0.97 release included PRMumble 0.5, but has subsequently been updated?

The issue with this is that the download mirrors (unofficial) would probably still be hosting the outdated client installers.

Just a thought.

A tip though, you can direct people to

"http://www.realitymod.com/mumble"

It works a treat
AH... that explains where they're all getting it, forgot about that...
But yeah we should check that the PR clients carry the correct version
Bluedrake42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #4
Kain888
Supporting Member

I'm fairly sure the newest installation installs 1.0.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kain888 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
[R-CON]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain888 View Post
I'm fairly sure the newest installation installs 1.0.
If we look at the release dates of the two (PR 0.97 & PR Mumble 1.0b4), 0.97 predates the new mumble, so unless it was recompiled and reuploaded later, then it couldn't have 1.0b4

0.97 <- August 22, 2011

PRMumble 1.0b4 <- November 11, 2011

What I surmise happened is either :
- the above happened (recompiled/repackaged)
- 1.0b4 was included in the map pack releases or Vietnam releases

brenn4n [My Hero]: I'm not going to fix it for Europeans because you have enough servers and because there's people in Australia and Japan that have always suffered with pings at least 240ms. This is their only opportunity to play PR at a more comfortable latency since nobody has ever thought of having one in LA like we do.

<3 FCV
[R-CON]Psyrus is online now Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #6
Kain888
Supporting Member

Hmm, true. I just know I had to reinstall everything from scratch recently and surprisingly for me had 1.0 installed. Unless I've confused something, because I'm not 100% sure. :P So I think your guesses are on the spot.

Kain888 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #7
SGT.Ice

Last time I had to install 0.97 it came with 1.0

SGT.Ice is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #8
Cassius

Second, no need to troll new players. Just get rid of the 0.5 links.

|TG|cap_Kilgore

Cassius is online now Reply With Quote

Tags
download, links, mumble, redo