project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #31
Nebsif
Supporting Member

Default Re: What's happening to servers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
The problem is those are all cosmetics. I'm more interested in gameplay changes they made, things they tweaked and stuff like that.
Thats what I meant more or less.
New uber epic soviet tech is much much appreciated but new assets grow boring fast.

128p, updated graphics (FH2.4), overhauled insurgency, bigger FOV, new sounds, JDAM'ish HE rounds and other major cosmetics/gameplay tweaks (<--some of those "confirmed") are the sort of things u'd expect to attract and keep a large player base for long.

Nebsif is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #32
cyberzomby

Wauw! Even tho those are only cosmetics it sure is something to look forward to! Nice work on that ^_^
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #33
Stealthgato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antol.PL View Post
1P Animations on PCOs:
This is pretty nice, is it actually coming to PR?

Stealthgato is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #34
Pvt.LHeureux
-

No, it wasn't confirmed.

Also gameplay wise, don't forget DB mod tests

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #35
Web_cole
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole Send a message via Skype™ to Web_cole

Re-working Insurgency would go a long way towards making things interesting again, and maybe some attention paid to the other game modes as well. I agree with Kain about the map balance, it would be nice to see all of the maps tweaked into a more balanced state. It would also be interesting to see a bit more variety; for instance not every map has an Alt layer, and what would be cool would be to "do a Kokan" with all the appropriate US maps and put the Canadians on the Alt layer.

I kind of feel like the window for 1.0 is getting smaller and smaller. Really, it seems to me like it has to come this winter. Next spring/summer is both too far away and not the right time of year, and the end of 2013 is surely far to far away to revive the community properly.

Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #36
Portable.Cougar

Soccer has been working his butt off on maps

Portable.Cougar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #37
[R-DEV]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web_cole View Post
Re-working Insurgency would go a long way towards making things interesting again,
Edit: Web_cole, I'm not attacking you individually, your quote was simply a good example to launch from.

I've seen this kind of post crop up a lot over the last 12-18 months on these forums, usually in less of an amicable manner ("Insurgency is broken/sucks/needs to be scrapped") but for the life of me I can't remember seeing a single suggestion about how the devs should actually overhaul insurgency. (That's not to say there hasn't been a suggestion, but I certainly haven't seen any)

I feel that when people see an issue with gameplay, that they should actually take a proactive approach rather than sitting on the forums, constantly bitching that some XYZ problem exists. That helps no one. Suggest a fix.

Also, I don't think I'm a hypocrite for saying the above:

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f388...he-spawns.html <- Implemented, and I feel it helped insurgency a LOT.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...-gameplay.html

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...ge-system.html

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...er-player.html

The same goes for issues people have with servers. I see:

The admins suck/are unfair/aren't ever around
The maplist sucks/why do we always play XYZ map?
I wish we actually played Vietnam/CnC/Wanda Shan etc

But you don't see much reported on those people
- Applying to be admins and rectify the situation
- Suggesting "better" maplists (complete)
- Starting up/pairing with servers to create an environment to play the fringe portions of PR
[R-DEV]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #38
Kain888
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyrus View Post
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f388...he-spawns.html <- Implemented, and I feel it helped insurgency a LOT.
It actually didn't. :P It just made people believe there are more "ghosts" while people know how system works and exploit it. For example, 8 of 9 round on Fallujah have caches in very same spots each experienced player knows. I won't even speak of Karbala... Just made Ins mode more repetitive. Although concept was nice, just implementation isn't.

Kain888 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #39
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain888 View Post
It actually didn't. :P It just made people believe there are more "ghosts" while people know how system works and exploit it. For example, 8 of 9 round on Fallujah have caches in very same spots each experienced player knows. I won't even speak of Karbala... Just made Ins mode more repetitive. Although concept was nice, just implementation isn't.
Agree, he still got a point though. Instead of bitching how everything is bad (not pointing at you) how about doing some work yourself?

It's like the thing with the serious pants server. Obviously there's players WANTING good players/teamwork etc but why don't you just hop on a server make it so? No need for a another server for that.

I've said this before but people are too lazy, they want someone to do the hard work for them. Bitching about admins, if everyone played fair there would hardly be any admins because there would be no work for them.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #40
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
I've said this before but people are too lazy, they want someone to do the hard work for them. Bitching about admins, if everyone played fair there would hardly be any admins because there would be no work for them.
Yeh bitching is definitely fun .
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
happening, servers