project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
16 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #21
Nebsif
Supporting Member

Default Re: What's happening to servers?

^ I stopped playin PR actively after BF3 came out, played PR mostly for the RL'ike weapons and hBF3 has those..

About them dev hints - pics or it didnt happen. "Hints" like an offtopic wink in a can haz lazers thread dont count.

Nebsif is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #22
Pvt.LHeureux
-

He wants pics lol :

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f196...eometries.html
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f196...32-cougar.html
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f196...sks-redux.html

There is way more, I can't remember all. But French Forces is a pretty big one, new BMPs, integrated vietnam and mumble, new geometries for canada, sks changes, new weapons, china weapons changes. Just wait for the changelog, it's gonna be huge.

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #23
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebsif View Post
^ I stopped playin PR actively after BF3 came out, played PR mostly for the RL'ike weapons and hBF3 has those..

About them dev hints - pics or it didnt happen. "Hints" like an offtopic wink in a can haz lazers thread dont count.
Then you are one of those poor bastards Dice and EA managed to wrap up noobsif .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
There is way more, I can't remember all. But French Forces is a pretty big one, new BMPs, integrated vietnam and mumble, new geometries for canada, sks changes, new weapons, china weapons changes. Just wait for the changelog, it's gonna be huge.
The problem is those are all cosmetics. I'm more interested in gameplay changes they made, things they tweaked and stuff like that. Fact is we have little information what they actually changed gameplay wise, they hinted something of a changed deviation and other small things but a more clear answer would me much appreciated. If 1.0 is to 95% cosmetics, I won't even bother to check it out.
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:43 AM   #24
Antol
Send a message via Skype™ to Antol

Yep, and dont forget about:
new ragdolls:

and

1P Animations on PCOs:

and much much more
Antol is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #25
Brainlaag

Did they confirm the 1p animation for static emplacements to be implemented into PR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antol.PL View Post
and much much more
Like what?
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #26
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Chuc View Post
Anders xxxxx x xxxxx xxxx xxx xxxx.

1.0 WILL MELT FACES

[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #27
Johny_B_Nasty
Supporting Member

Battlefield 3?! Pleeaase.
I bought this POS. Oh god I hated it almost as I hated vanilla BF2. What was even worse was the player based hit detection. You know, this is when you hide and take shelter and you still get hit 'n killed after 3 seconds.

Not to talk about the lack of basic FPS features like VOIP, commander, tactical planning on a map... An abomination.
Johny_B_Nasty is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #28
KillJoy[Fr]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod525 View Post
Battlefield 3 is killin Battlefield 2 slowly but surely.
ield

Hell no, people are still playing Battlefield 2 you can still watch fully servers same as the demo.

Au dela du possible ...
KillJoy[Fr] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #29
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
I've stopped with PR as well but surely not because of Bullcrapfield 3. BF3 is not responsible for the dwindling community. Quite some new and popular games have been release in the past months and there are dozens others to come. Some of them look very promising, from RTS, to RPG, not only in the FPS genre (Guild Wars 2, Planetside 2, ArmA III, Dark Souls, etc.). It's the natural course of things. PR 1.0 might get some people back but on the long run I see no later than 3 months after that release the situation backdrop to it's current point (maybe even sooner, depending on the date 1.0 it gets released).

Just like DCS World, Wargame European Esc., etc..etc... there is planty of game that worth playing out there. Honestly, im waiting the 1.0, after playing 0.977 over months...

Hotrod525 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #30
Kain888
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
The problem is those are all cosmetics. I'm more interested in gameplay changes they made, things they tweaked and stuff like that. Fact is we have little information what they actually changed gameplay wise, they hinted something of a changed deviation and other small things but a more clear answer would me much appreciated. If 1.0 is to 95% cosmetics, I won't even bother to check it out.
Although I play PR almost always when I have spare time and not seeing to get bored I have to agree that gameplay changes and balance tweaks is what is the most important. Rest is really not that important.

I think there is one think that has major impact on how refreshing is game and how often you want to play it. It's balance. I don't mean symmetric one of course. But great example is Muttrah City that was tweaked each release till it's in perfect state. Same with Kashan, but it has pretty symmetric layout so it's easier. Still this map is pretty balanced for PR standards.

I find imbalance/bad design of maps main reason many people don't play them. And losing because of not balanced assets, layout, etc. is exhausting and irritating comparing to having match where you stand an equal chance.

I can't think of too many maps in PR in which you don't know outcome before round starts unless teams are heavily stacked on one side.

It would be cool to see balance and additions to the gameplay, like new maps, new tactics, new solutions to existing problems.

Kain888 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
happening, servers