project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #11
[R-COM]Arc_Shielder
PR Community Faction Lead

Default Re: Whats happening to servers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souls Of Mischief View Post
Ermm... People WILL eventually move on. They always have. People will play the shit out of 1.0 and eventually get bored. Perhaps, its gonna be more than a month, perhaps not.

What "a lot of changes"? Please, enlighten us mortals.
They will, but I don't think it's going to be anytime soon until there isn't a game that can rival PR. And by that I'm not saying that PR is a perfect game that will crush any rival on its way, is that there isn't one atm that combines this kind of TvT gameplay + modern warfare in public servers.

As for changes, well, it's not a secret. DEVs have been hinting at a lot of things lately.

[R-COM]Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:41 AM   #12
mangeface
Supporting Member

Default Re: What's happening to servers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerYaNk View Post

just looked @ prspy and seemed like a good amount of action.

night time not so much
I remember when there would be 15-20 servers with 50+ players. Weekends would be ridiculous. If you had a server you really liked, you'd almost have to get a supporting membership to be able to play on it.
mangeface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #13
billysmall44

Send a message via Skype™ to billysmall44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangeface View Post
I remember when there would be 15-20 servers with 50+ players. Weekends would be ridiculous. If you had a server you really liked, you'd almost have to get a supporting membership to be able to play on it.
It was a simpler time.. It was a better time...
billysmall44 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #14
Solver

People move on, that's all there's to it. I'm sure 1.0 will create a surge in player numbers, but chances are that will wind down a couple of months later, and so some 4-5 months after 1.0 we'll see player numbers not higher than now. It may be sad, but it's also natural. The fact that the game on which the mod is based is already 7 years old isn't helping, either.

Still, even if players numbers keep decreasing, it will be a long time until there's no server that is full.
Solver is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #15
Kain888
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangeface View Post
When was it? I never saw such thing in PR.

Kain888 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:12 AM   #16
-WhiskeyTangoAcual-

Quote:
Those were the days
-WhiskeyTangoAcual- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:39 AM   #17
Jolly

Send a message via Skype™ to Jolly

Go Chinese server! (But you really need to speak standard Chinese...)

Jolly, you such a retard.
Jolly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:02 AM   #18
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525

Battlefield 3 is killin Battlefield 2 slowly but surely. I'm playing BF3 in hardcore mode since its release, got alot of feature that we can only dream of in BF2:PR, its not R-Dev fault, its the way it is, if we compare a 2002 car with a 2011 one.. chances are that the 2011 will win the contest.

Hotrod525 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #19
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMF-cetniksoldier View Post
Is it me or are there like no more server anymore, I never see Mutrah 24/7 or the other populated servers. Tonight I didnt even see anything on the CIA servers? has anyone else noticed this? Am i not seeing all servers?
Why do people start opening such threads in weekly intervals? You better use the time to promote PR to your friends and fill servers.

As KillerYank stated, there were 3 Full Servers and 5 Servers with 30 - 50 players each on sunday night. Nothing to complain about.

Reasons for empty servers are easy to find: Summertime, other games, long time to 1.0

[R-MOD]Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:36 AM   #20
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod525 View Post
Battlefield 3 is killin Battlefield 2 slowly but surely. I'm playing BF3 in hardcore mode since its release, got alot of feature that we can only dream of in BF2:PR, its not R-Dev fault, its the way it is, if we compare a 2002 car with a 2011 one.. chances are that the 2011 will win the contest.
I've stopped with PR as well but surely not because of Bullcrapfield 3. BF3 is not responsible for the dwindling community. Quite some new and popular games have been release in the past months and there are dozens others to come. Some of them look very promising, from RTS, to RPG, not only in the FPS genre (Guild Wars 2, Planetside 2, ArmA III, Dark Souls, etc.). It's the natural course of things. PR 1.0 might get some people back but on the long run I see no later than 3 months after that release the situation backdrop to it's current point (maybe even sooner, depending on the date 1.0 it gets released).
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
happening, servers